X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you.

Comment

Error in calculator

The stats for the pear cut and round cut taafelle are the same in the calculator and should be different. Otherwise, this is a great tool - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by swyncoop View Post
        The stats for the pear cut and round cut taafelle are the same in the calculator and should be different. Otherwise, this is a great tool - thanks!
        These two gems have the same stats in game. It's weird, but it's not a problem with the calculator.
        Your brain has performed an illegal operation and will now shut down...

Comment

Dwerium Trio

I had no idea the stats were so sucky below level 62. I made a trio item for my 52 Pally and they were just terrible.

I found the calculator today and it was great! It showed me just where the stats pick up.

Nice job and Thanks!

Comment

Calculator vs. In-game disrepancy

I've noticed a discrepancy between the calculator display and the actual in-game stats on my Dwerium trio gear. This is on my level 65 Ranger on The Combine server.
            The Dwerium Trio ring, ( eg. ) as the calculator displays it, is 20 to all stats, resists, and AC, with 315 hp / m / e; the actual in-game stats are 19 to all stats, resists and AC, with 315 to hp / m / e .
            I realize that I've equipped them 5 levels early, but I thought the calculator would take that into account. Mind you, this is not a gripe, just something I noticed after using the tool to check what the stats would be before upgrading the mountings from Velium. I think you've done a fantastic job and I use it regularly. WTG!

Comment

Check that you didn't get the bug where the script of a weaker metal is overwriting the displayed stats of the dwerium piece.

Check that you have the right level set in the calculator for your character.

Also Kyros, is there any plans to update this to account for the new jewelry slated to come out in SOD?
              Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
              Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

A one-point difference like that is typically a rounding error, but I'm quite puzzled that the hp/m/e matches. Usually the differences show up in that first. I'll try to poke at it later tonight.

And yes, when I designed the calculator, I did it in an extensible manner. Adding in new metals or gems is relatively easy. I just need to get some stats on how the new metal affects existing gems (ideally at level 80, or whatever the rec level is for the metal), and I should be able to plug that into the calculator.

Are there new gems or cuts as well this expansion?
                Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
                  Are there new gems or cuts as well this expansion?
                  I do not recall any in beta, but I did not get much time to hunt in the higher level zones to see if any dropped.

A bulk of the time I spent on JC was for me, looking over the new cultural symbols. The other change I remember coming is the Compartmentalized versions of some of the jewelry that adds a slot type 7.

So a compartmentalized trio would have slots 7, 10, 11, 10.
                  Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                  Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

OK, I've found the bug. It's actually a bug in EQ, not the calculator. Basically, when a stat is rounded due to recommended level and the result comes out to something 0.5 (like 19.5 or 217.5), EQ rounds down instead of up. For everything else, it rounds normally.

I can work around it in my code, but I figured out the bug too late to code the fix tonight. I'll get to it tomorrow.
                    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

2.0 beta 5 is now posted with the rounding correction.

Comment

Version 3, Beta 1 is posted. It includes my first guess at Temporite, at 118% power compared to Dwerium.

Comment

Any chance you could add options for Compartmentalized? (Aside from the extra slot, its rec. level is 5 levels higher than the regular versions.)

Comment

I'm aware it's lacking compartmented JC. I've been playing with a couple of ideas on how to fix it, but while the calculator is flexible enough to add new metals or new gems, the changes for compartmented JC are essentially a new rules set -- it not only requires modification to the rec level, but also the item name and the aug slots.

I'm mulling a couple of options on how to get around this. The "easy" fix is to add new metals called "Compartmented Temporite" and so on, but that would botch the item name, and the type 7 slot still wouldn't show. The more complicated fix is to change the back-end code to add some sort of flag to indicate compartmented status, then adjust around that.

As with EQ itself, changes to the data are easy. Changes to the code are much trickier. =)

Comment

Might it be easier....

Might it be easier to just do a separate calculator for Compartmented Jewelry across the board? All the required levels are 5 levels higher, etc. I don't think you need to account for all the slot 7 options (obviously), just some way for us to know what the stats would be for the 3 main slots like with the current calculator. They could even be on the same page so you can set up one with the old original jewelry and one with the new compartmented jewlery so one could so an apples to apples comparison?

Just a thought - not a programmer, but someone with a great deal of respect for the process.
                              Etoile

Comment

My stats are all messed up on compartmented

Hello, thank you for creating the JC calculator. I have used it on so many occassions to create many fine pieces of jewelery.

I've gotten up to compartmented temporite now, and I decided to start with a personal piece for myself. I was shocked to be holding the following item:

Compartmented Temporite Trio Veil (Unmodified stats)
                                AC:14
                                HP:102 Mana: 163 End: 163
                                STR: 10, STA: 10, AGI: 10, CHA: 10
                                SvM,F,C,D,P: 10

Slot1, Type 11: Square Cut Taaffeite
                                Slot2, Type 10: Round Cut Emerald
                                Slot3, Type 10: Round Cut Peridot
                                Slot4, Type 7: empty

Regular Trio Veil shows:
                                Slot: FACE
                                AC: 40
                                DEX: 29 STA: 29 INT: 29 AGI: 29 HP: 295 MANA: 472 Endurance: 472
                                SV FIRE: 29 SV DISEASE: 29 SV COLD: 29 SV MAGIC: 29 SV POISON: 29

Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X