Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jewelcrafting calculator

Visitor

Unhappy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post

Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

I think I know. I'm level 76, and the item is Rec Level 85. The script doesn't accurately project what it would show at 85.

If you're interested (Modified, level 76)
    AC:13
    HP: 91, Mana: 146, End: 146
    STR, STA, AGI, CHA: 9
    All Saves: 9

Uggh. This expensive little trinket is going to rott in my bank for quite a while.

Expert Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    I think I know. I'm level 76, and the item is Rec Level 85. The script doesn't accurately project what it would show at 85.

If you're interested (Modified, level 76)
    AC:13
    HP: 91, Mana: 146, End: 146
    STR, STA, AGI, CHA: 9
    All Saves: 9

Uggh. This expensive little trinket is going to rott in my bank for quite a while.
    And by the time your 85 you will have much better items anyway:-(

Apprentice Trader Mitsune Foxfire's Avatar
    I just noticed that the recommended level on Compartmented Dwerium (prolly on the others also) is five level higher than on regular Dwerium jewellery. This does lower the stats a lot if the character is not at the recommended level. With the calculator the real result for compartmented jewellery can only be seen by using a character level five levels below the real level. Maybe the compartmented jewellery can be added to the calculator? Thanks

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle
    Me, a rogue? Oh no, I am just a tourist, walking by.

Visitor

Is this correct?

OK so it is only worth using the Temorite items if you are close to the 75-85 mark? So if this is correct. The gems lose power as the item/RING grows in lvl. So same augs with higher lvl ring = less stats until u get back up in lvls?

Dwerium is going to be the best outfit for anyone 65 and up will lvl 75. With compartmented just stay in dwerium 5 mor elvls.?

Apprentice Trader
    Go to google and search for "jewelcraft calculator". (Without the quotes.)

Anyhow the first link is to Kyros's page. However, upon clicking that link I get a warning, which eventually leads to this explanation:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...opic.php?s=512

Anyone else?
    Urnihixul Noctumbra - 84 Rogue - Druzzil Ro (Xev)
    ~Order of Seibwen, Guild Assassin Emeritus~
    ~~Ancient Fellowship~~
    ~~~In Via D***um~~~ (Boo filter.)

I got a similar message when I used Google. However when using either my bookmarks or the link in the first post on no issues. Interesting.....
    Seebo Steele
    82 Halfling Warrior
    Member of the 700 Club
    Member of Hand of Chaos on Cazic-Thule

Apprentice Trader
    Well the warning is from google itself. The page is still there (presumably), but google or some other security entity has logged malware from that domain, or a domain range containing the domain in question. (I presume everything is kosher with Kyros's site,... I just didn't know if he was aware of the issue.)
    Urnihixul Noctumbra - 84 Rogue - Druzzil Ro (Xev)
    ~Order of Seibwen, Guild Assassin Emeritus~
    ~~Ancient Fellowship~~
    ~~~In Via D***um~~~ (Boo filter.)

Expert Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by drdlks View Post
    OK so it is only worth using the Temorite items if you are close to the 75-80 mark?
    Temporite? Yes
    Compartmented Temporite? No

OK so it is only worth using the Temorite items if you are close to the 80-85 mark?
    Temporite? Yes
    Compartmented Temporite? Yes

So if this is correct. The gems lose power as the item/RING grows in lvl. So same augs with higher lvl ring = less stats until u get back up in lvls?
    Think of it like this. If you are wearing it before the required levels (which you can do now) you aren't powerful enough to control/stabilize the magic that gives you stats. As you reach the level you can begin controlling it, by the time you reach the recommended level, you can control all the magic, and thus recieve all the stats.

Dwerium is going to be the best outfit for anyone 65 and up will lvl 75. With compartmented just stay in dwerium 5 mor elvls.?
    To receive maximum benefit you have to be the recommended levels.

Dwerium jewelry reaches maximum stats at level 75 (and higher)
    Compartmented Dwerium jewelry reaches maximum stats at level 75 (and higher)
    Temporitie jewelry reaches maximum stats at level 80 (and higher)
    Compartmented Temporite reaches maximum stats at level 85

You get "some benefit" from the required levels (which is starts four levels below the recommended levels).

If you still are not sure, send me a PM and we can work it out.

Gorse

Visitor
    I was making my alt and a friend's alt some jewelry today, and with the compartmented stuff, I didn't take into account that it's a higher recommended level than the regular settings. So that instead of recommended level of 50 for velium, it's 55, and instead of recommended level of 60 for palladium, it's 65. That completely threw off my stats, so that at level 59, it was actually a downgrade to move from velium to palladium. Could you add another toggle to show for compartmented pieces?

Hobbyist

erp

this one ate me too.

I was expecting 100+ hps on my compartmented velium, made all the arrangements to have it made for my friends and I, only to find out that it was 18 hps with shimmering nihilite in it. Oh well, banked it for use in 10 levels or so, fortunately they are going fairly fast.

Expert Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson19 View Post
    Prospecting is new with the Burning Crusade expansion as a part of Jewelcrafting.

There you have it.

You took a wrong turn. This forum is EQ1, not WoW.

Gorse

I was adding to a Platinum trio earring I purchased on Luclin, and got some odd results. It isn't Compartmented. These are not shown on the calculator. My character is 13th. Most stats I see are the same as the calculator.

round cut emerald
    round cut opal
    and marquise cut prestidigitase

AC 1, HP 7, Mana 7, and Endurance 7.

However, I get some stats not shown in the calculator.

these are also on the item:

Agility 1, Charisma 1, Fire 1, Cold 1.

I can post a screen shot if needed.

Trader
    The calculator going to be updated for UF stuff?

/nudge!

I am hoping that the new metal and gems in UF will be updated soon! Your calculator is priceless!
    Faerune, Naturewalker of Firiona Vie

Visitor

Underfoot

Can we get the stats for metal Cosgrite and gem Underfoot Diamond added? I love this calc!!

Hobbyist
    Kyros actually quit playing a long time ago. Unless someone wants to take over the calculator I seriously doubt that it will be updated in spite of how useful it is.

Visitor
    Since the other isn't being updated, i grabbed his source of the page, and made a few changes, it's abit different in layout, and has some stuff that i put in for myself and guild (so ignore the get item from guild bank parts as you ain't getting those ).

http://www.teamumx.org/eq

There's still some glitches, but for the most part it works

I added the underfoot metal and underfoot diamond, if there's others let me know and i can add those as well.

- tx

Your updated calculator only lists 4 stats for underfoot when it should be five. EX. Underfoot diamond (Half Moon) STR, DEX, WIS, AGI. This one should include STA. A search on EQ Traders Corner for underfoot diamond shows all the cuts with all 5 stats.

Visitor
    Pharaz

Your updated calculator only lists 4 stats for underfoot when it should be five. EX. Underfoot diamond (Half Moon) STR, DEX, WIS, AGI. This one should include STA. A search on EQ Traders Corner for underfoot diamond shows all the cuts with all 5 stats.
    Good catch, fixed all underfoot diamonds.

I was starting to wonder if anyone was even using it.

Apprentice Trader
    What about updates now for Miragestones?

Also, when I tried to visit today (teamumx.org/eq --- I had it marked as a favorite), I got an error message saying Forbidden 403 error. Any suggestions?

Visitor
    I just tried the link, I cannot pull it up. Anyone know anywhere else that has a utility with updated Undefoot Diamonds?

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by poclovis View Post
    I just tried the link, I cannot pull it up. Anyone know anywhere else that has a utility with updated Undefoot Diamonds?
    Or the Alaris gemstones, for that mattter.

Visitor
    I'm poking at the code for the Gizmonotron and adding gems based on stats posted on ZAM. Does anyone know what "baseline" the ZAM postings are using? The Underfoot Diamond numbers appears to be correct for max level wearing a Dwerium ring, based on my own character's Underfoot Diamond. Does anyone know what the higher level gem (e.g. Miragestone, etc) numbers are based off of? I don't have anyone high enough level to check them.

Does anyone have the metal "power" multiplier for Cosgrite, Feymetal, Alaran Metal and Planar Alloy? (e.g., Dwerium=100%, Temporite=118%...)

Visitor
    I experimented on the Beta Server and got the numbers for all the newer metals. I have added compartmented trio rings to the Gizomotron, and overhauled how it checks for Recommended Level, as the highest 3 metals don't follow the old rules. It does not show the Required Level, however. I have posted the revised Gizmotron at: http://nathrach.republicofnewhome.org/gizmotron/

Expert Trader
    This is great!. However, I was under the impression that gems higher than the Underfoot Diamond were restricted to high level chararacters. Can you comment on this?