Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made a few tweaks to the calculator (not yet posted), but I still can't get it to match some of these reported examples. The calculator version I have does match Ngreth's spreadsheet exactly, for a 350hp gem in all metal types at all levels that I've tested, which is all the silver, electrum, gold, and platinum levels (yes, I actually typed in every single one), plus most of the values for the other three metals (my hands got tired). I just can't make this example match, though:

Dwerium Trio Ring
    Shimmering Nihilite: AC 10, +250hp/mana/end
    Emerald: +150mana/end
    Opal: +150hp
    Total: AC 10, +400 hp / mana / end

Player level: 22
    Rec. Level: 70
    Metal power: 100
    Internal level modifier: 15

Gem modifier: 100 * 15 / 100 / 100 = 0.15 (this is what the script multiplies the gem stats by, then rounds down.)

Script-modified stats:
    Shimmering Nihilite : 250hp * 0.15 = 37.5 = 37 after rounding down
    Emerald/Opal: 150 * 0.15 = 22.5 = 22 after rounding down
    Total: AC 0, 59 hp / mana / end

Apply normal recommended levels:
    59 * 22(player level) / 70(rec level) = 18.54 = 19 after rounding normally.

So the calculator says the final stats should be 19hp/mana/end, yet the report pegs it at 8 in game.

How can this value be? Clearly there's a mistake somewhere, and it's not a small one. I'm kinda stumped, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to listen.
    Last edited by KyrosKrane; 03-07-2008, 04:40 PM. Reason: Fixed shimmering nihilite -- it's 250hp, not 150hp
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Beta 3 is now posted with a few additional tweaks. It seems to still have some problems with very low level characters, but as I noted above, it does match every single instance I checked of a 350hp gem in all metal bases, based on Ngreth's spreadsheet.
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
        I'm not sure how the stats for platinum you quoted are possible. Platinum only provides a max of 40% of the gem's power. Since the opal is the only hp gem in the combo you listed, 40% x 150hp = 60hp max. How is it giving 76hp? Could you please double check that one?

I'm working on tweaking the other calculations, but so far, I haven't found anything that jumps out at me as wrong.
        I dunno either.

That's what it said. I zoned and logged and looked at it 3 or 4 times.

Unfortunately, I've leveled past that at this point. I suppose it's possible the eror isn't with the calculator, but I don't want to be one of those people
        Last edited by firescue17; 03-08-2008, 02:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Mostly for fun, I put together an assembler or calculator of sorts, to show what finished jewelery of various types would look like. It's still in testing, but it seems to work so far. I've checked it most with Mozilla 2.0 and IE6, so I'm not sure if it works on other browsers.

Any feedback or bug reports would be appreciated. Once all the kinks are worked out, I hope to add it to the EQTC site.

http://www.kyros.info/Tradeskills/JC-Calc/

That's the most awesomest thing KK. Thanks.

Used it today to figure out when I should switch from platinum to velium. I was going to change at level 39, but the stat loss is HUGE. Was able to see that the best time to switch is level 45 and I'll have no loss of stats, and a slight gain in some.

Comment

Originally posted by firescue17 View Post
            I dunno either.

That's what it said. I zoned and logged and looked at it 3 or 4 times.

Unfortunately, I've leveled past that at this point. I suppose it's possible the eror isn't with the calculator, but I don't want to be one of those people
            I asked a friend to verify it in game. He's level 45, and I gave him the exact same items you had. His stats were exactly as the calculator predicted, AC: 4 HP: 60 Damage Shield: 5. I'm going to write off your experience as a random fluke, some weird transient bug that happened to be to your benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuujin Ageless View Post
              I got one lvl 22 toon in Quellious. He wears 2 Dwerium rings, I know , they both gift. Both equipped with Shimmering Nihilite, Opal, and Emerald. According to the calc, stats are 1 AC, 19 H/M/E. While in-game those are only 8 H/M/E.
              BTW the calc is very very handy and accurate on all other toons with so many diff. configurations.
              I just had a friend verify in game. With your exact configuration, at level 22, he was getting 1AC 19hp/mana/end.

By any chance, were you quoting the 8hp stats from memory? Perhaps from before the latest batch of changes to the rec levels and such?

Comment

I just posted beta 4. The only change is a minor fix to rounding for recommended levels: stats with a reduced value due to normal recommended level (not a script-based reduction) will now always provide at least 1 of that stat, just like it is in game.

Comment

stats for taaffeite round and pear are showing up the same sta, chr, wis, int. on velium an palladium at lvl 55
                  also i love this thing thanks alot

Comment

I'm glad you like it.

The stats on the two gems (round and pear cut taaffeite) are in fact identical. When the gem is inserted into a velium and palladium base, with a player level of 55, I see a slight difference in stats from the calculator. Do you mean that the stats are identical in game, or just that the two gems have the same set of stats?

Comment

the displayed stats on the calc looked identical to me, prolly my mistake

Comment

Confirmation

I can confirm, that the stats in the calculator for the Pear cut and Round cut Taaffeite are identical (looking at Dwerium Trio). I cannot confirm at this time if they are identical in the game. I will try to do so soon.

Comment

Seems to be some problem with electrum post lvl14/15 (ive put the "lesser" gems stats in brackets next to them, so you can see what is giving what)

In game - @lvl 16

Electrum Trio Ring
                          MAGIC ITEM
                          Slot: FINGER
                          AC: 8
                          STR: 6 STA: 6 CHA: 6 AGI: 6 HP: 107 MANA: 67 Endurance: 67
                          SV FIRE: 6 SV DISEASE: 6 SV COLD: 6 SV MAGIC: 6 SV POISON: 6

Recommended level of 1.
                          WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
                          Class: ALL
                          Race: ALL
                          Slot 1, type 11: Square Cut Taaffeite
                          Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal ( 40hp )
                          Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot ( 2ac )

Gizmotron @16 =

Electrum Trio Ring
                          MAGIC ITEM
                          AC: 7
                          STR: 5 STA: 5 CHA: 5 AGI: 5 HP: 80 MANA: 50 Endurance: 50
                          SV FIRE: 5 SV DISEASE: 5 SV COLD: 5 SV MAGIC: 5 SV POISON: 5

Recommended level of 1.
                          Slot 1, type 11: Square Cut Taaffeite
                          Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal
                          Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot

ALSO

in game, @ lvl 16

Electrum Trio Ring
                          MAGIC ITEM
                          AC: 4
                          HP: 134

Recommended level of 1.
                          Slot 1, type 11: Marquise Cut Crimson Nihilite (ac2 94hp)
                          Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal (40hp)
                          Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot (2ac)

Gizmotron @16 =
                          Electrum Trio Ring
                          MAGIC ITEM
                          AC: 4
                          HP: 100

Recommended level of 1.
                          Slot 1, type 11: Marquise Cut Crimson Nihilite
                          Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal
                          Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot

as far as I remember, stats were "normal / equal to gizmos" at 14, and possibly 15.

Comment

one other thing,

the +12sta gems are called "Small shaped Pearl", not "round cut pearl"

even though its a round cut tool to make them.

Comment

In my experience, when you get stats substantially higher than what the calculator predicts (especially if it's over the theoretical maximum for the gem and metal combination you're using), it's the result of a display bug. Typically this bug happens because you equipped a different piece of jewelery using a higher base metal, and then looked at the already-equipped piece using a lower metal.

Please try the following to double check your stats. Remove all your jewelery, then zone. Then equip one piece, check its stats, and compare to the calculator. Then equip a second piece with a different base metal, and check the stats on the first piece. You will most likely see that those stats have changed. This is a sign that you're getting the display bug.

To verify that you're getting accurate stats, the best thing to do is remove all your jewelery, zone, then equip only a single piece. If you wish to try another piece, remove the first one, zone again, then equip the new one you wish to check.

Comment

In my experience, when you get stats substantially higher than what the calculator predicts (especially if it's over the theoretical maximum for the gem and metal combination you're using), it's the result of a display bug. Typically this bug happens because you equipped a different piece of jewelery using a higher base metal, and then looked at the already-equipped piece using a lower metal.

Please try the following to double check your stats. Remove all your jewelery, then zone. Then equip one piece, check its stats, and compare to the calculator. Then equip a second piece with a different base metal, and check the stats on the first piece. You will most likely see that those stats have changed. This is a sign that you're getting the display bug.

To verify that you're getting accurate stats, the best thing to do is remove all your jewelery, zone, then equip only a single piece. If you wish to try another piece, remove the first one, zone again, then equip the new one you wish to check.
                                Yep, your totally correct, they now show proper stats now since I relogged, my apologies for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X