Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jewelcrafting calculator

Database Code Monkey KyrosKrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuujin Ageless View Post
    I got one lvl 22 toon in Quellious. He wears 2 Dwerium rings, I know , they both gift. Both equipped with Shimmering Nihilite, Opal, and Emerald. According to the calc, stats are 1 AC, 19 H/M/E. While in-game those are only 8 H/M/E.
    BTW the calc is very very handy and accurate on all other toons with so many diff. configurations.
    I just had a friend verify in game. With your exact configuration, at level 22, he was getting 1AC 19hp/mana/end.

By any chance, were you quoting the 8hp stats from memory? Perhaps from before the latest batch of changes to the rec levels and such?
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

I just posted beta 4. The only change is a minor fix to rounding for recommended levels: stats with a reduced value due to normal recommended level (not a script-based reduction) will now always provide at least 1 of that stat, just like it is in game.
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Visitor
    stats for taaffeite round and pear are showing up the same sta, chr, wis, int. on velium an palladium at lvl 55
    also i love this thing thanks alot

I'm glad you like it.

The stats on the two gems (round and pear cut taaffeite) are in fact identical. When the gem is inserted into a velium and palladium base, with a player level of 55, I see a slight difference in stats from the calculator. Do you mean that the stats are identical in game, or just that the two gems have the same set of stats?

Visitor
    the displayed stats on the calc looked identical to me, prolly my mistake

Visitor

Confirmation

I can confirm, that the stats in the calculator for the Pear cut and Round cut Taaffeite are identical (looking at Dwerium Trio). I cannot confirm at this time if they are identical in the game. I will try to do so soon.

Visitor
    Seems to be some problem with electrum post lvl14/15 (ive put the "lesser" gems stats in brackets next to them, so you can see what is giving what)

In game - @lvl 16

Electrum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM
    Slot: FINGER
    AC: 8
    STR: 6 STA: 6 CHA: 6 AGI: 6 HP: 107 MANA: 67 Endurance: 67
    SV FIRE: 6 SV DISEASE: 6 SV COLD: 6 SV MAGIC: 6 SV POISON: 6

Recommended level of 1.
    WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, type 11: Square Cut Taaffeite
    Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal ( 40hp )
    Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot ( 2ac )

Gizmotron @16 =

Electrum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM
    AC: 7
    STR: 5 STA: 5 CHA: 5 AGI: 5 HP: 80 MANA: 50 Endurance: 50
    SV FIRE: 5 SV DISEASE: 5 SV COLD: 5 SV MAGIC: 5 SV POISON: 5

Recommended level of 1.
    Slot 1, type 11: Square Cut Taaffeite
    Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal
    Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot

ALSO

in game, @ lvl 16

Electrum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM
    AC: 4
    HP: 134

Recommended level of 1.
    Slot 1, type 11: Marquise Cut Crimson Nihilite (ac2 94hp)
    Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal (40hp)
    Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot (2ac)

Gizmotron @16 =
    Electrum Trio Ring
    MAGIC ITEM
    AC: 4
    HP: 100

Recommended level of 1.
    Slot 1, type 11: Marquise Cut Crimson Nihilite
    Slot 2, type 10: Round Cut Opal
    Slot 3, type 10: Round Cut Peridot

as far as I remember, stats were "normal / equal to gizmos" at 14, and possibly 15.

Visitor
    one other thing,

the +12sta gems are called "Small shaped Pearl", not "round cut pearl"

even though its a round cut tool to make them.

In my experience, when you get stats substantially higher than what the calculator predicts (especially if it's over the theoretical maximum for the gem and metal combination you're using), it's the result of a display bug. Typically this bug happens because you equipped a different piece of jewelery using a higher base metal, and then looked at the already-equipped piece using a lower metal.

Please try the following to double check your stats. Remove all your jewelery, then zone. Then equip one piece, check its stats, and compare to the calculator. Then equip a second piece with a different base metal, and check the stats on the first piece. You will most likely see that those stats have changed. This is a sign that you're getting the display bug.

To verify that you're getting accurate stats, the best thing to do is remove all your jewelery, zone, then equip only a single piece. If you wish to try another piece, remove the first one, zone again, then equip the new one you wish to check.

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrosKrane View Post
    In my experience, when you get stats substantially higher than what the calculator predicts (especially if it's over the theoretical maximum for the gem and metal combination you're using), it's the result of a display bug. Typically this bug happens because you equipped a different piece of jewelery using a higher base metal, and then looked at the already-equipped piece using a lower metal.

Please try the following to double check your stats. Remove all your jewelery, then zone. Then equip one piece, check its stats, and compare to the calculator. Then equip a second piece with a different base metal, and check the stats on the first piece. You will most likely see that those stats have changed. This is a sign that you're getting the display bug.

To verify that you're getting accurate stats, the best thing to do is remove all your jewelery, zone, then equip only a single piece. If you wish to try another piece, remove the first one, zone again, then equip the new one you wish to check.
    Yep, your totally correct, they now show proper stats now since I relogged, my apologies for this.

Visitor
    Thank you.

Visitor

Error in calculator

The stats for the pear cut and round cut taafelle are the same in the calculator and should be different. Otherwise, this is a great tool - thanks!

Hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by swyncoop View Post
    The stats for the pear cut and round cut taafelle are the same in the calculator and should be different. Otherwise, this is a great tool - thanks!
    These two gems have the same stats in game. It's weird, but it's not a problem with the calculator.
    Your brain has performed an illegal operation and will now shut down...

Visitor

Dwerium Trio

I had no idea the stats were so sucky below level 62. I made a trio item for my 52 Pally and they were just terrible.

I found the calculator today and it was great! It showed me just where the stats pick up.

Nice job and Thanks!

Visitor

Calculator vs. In-game disrepancy

I've noticed a discrepancy between the calculator display and the actual in-game stats on my Dwerium trio gear. This is on my level 65 Ranger on The Combine server.
    The Dwerium Trio ring, ( eg. ) as the calculator displays it, is 20 to all stats, resists, and AC, with 315 hp / m / e; the actual in-game stats are 19 to all stats, resists and AC, with 315 to hp / m / e .
    I realize that I've equipped them 5 levels early, but I thought the calculator would take that into account. Mind you, this is not a gripe, just something I noticed after using the tool to check what the stats would be before upgrading the mountings from Velium. I think you've done a fantastic job and I use it regularly. WTG!

Check that you didn't get the bug where the script of a weaker metal is overwriting the displayed stats of the dwerium piece.

Check that you have the right level set in the calculator for your character.

Also Kyros, is there any plans to update this to account for the new jewelry slated to come out in SOD?
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

A one-point difference like that is typically a rounding error, but I'm quite puzzled that the hp/m/e matches. Usually the differences show up in that first. I'll try to poke at it later tonight.

And yes, when I designed the calculator, I did it in an extensible manner. Adding in new metals or gems is relatively easy. I just need to get some stats on how the new metal affects existing gems (ideally at level 80, or whatever the rec level is for the metal), and I should be able to plug that into the calculator.

Are there new gems or cuts as well this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by KyrosKrane View Post
    Are there new gems or cuts as well this expansion?
    I do not recall any in beta, but I did not get much time to hunt in the higher level zones to see if any dropped.

A bulk of the time I spent on JC was for me, looking over the new cultural symbols. The other change I remember coming is the Compartmentalized versions of some of the jewelry that adds a slot type 7.

So a compartmentalized trio would have slots 7, 10, 11, 10.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

OK, I've found the bug. It's actually a bug in EQ, not the calculator. Basically, when a stat is rounded due to recommended level and the result comes out to something 0.5 (like 19.5 or 217.5), EQ rounds down instead of up. For everything else, it rounds normally.

I can work around it in my code, but I figured out the bug too late to code the fix tonight. I'll get to it tomorrow.

2.0 beta 5 is now posted with the rounding correction.

Version 3, Beta 1 is posted. It includes my first guess at Temporite, at 118% power compared to Dwerium.

Visitor
    Any chance you could add options for Compartmentalized? (Aside from the extra slot, its rec. level is 5 levels higher than the regular versions.)

I'm aware it's lacking compartmented JC. I've been playing with a couple of ideas on how to fix it, but while the calculator is flexible enough to add new metals or new gems, the changes for compartmented JC are essentially a new rules set -- it not only requires modification to the rec level, but also the item name and the aug slots.

I'm mulling a couple of options on how to get around this. The "easy" fix is to add new metals called "Compartmented Temporite" and so on, but that would botch the item name, and the type 7 slot still wouldn't show. The more complicated fix is to change the back-end code to add some sort of flag to indicate compartmented status, then adjust around that.

As with EQ itself, changes to the data are easy. Changes to the code are much trickier. =)

Visitor

Might it be easier....

Might it be easier to just do a separate calculator for Compartmented Jewelry across the board? All the required levels are 5 levels higher, etc. I don't think you need to account for all the slot 7 options (obviously), just some way for us to know what the stats would be for the 3 main slots like with the current calculator. They could even be on the same page so you can set up one with the old original jewelry and one with the new compartmented jewlery so one could so an apples to apples comparison?

Just a thought - not a programmer, but someone with a great deal of respect for the process.
    Etoile

Visitor

Exclamation My stats are all messed up on compartmented

Hello, thank you for creating the JC calculator. I have used it on so many occassions to create many fine pieces of jewelery.

I've gotten up to compartmented temporite now, and I decided to start with a personal piece for myself. I was shocked to be holding the following item:

Compartmented Temporite Trio Veil (Unmodified stats)
    AC:14
    HP:102 Mana: 163 End: 163
    STR: 10, STA: 10, AGI: 10, CHA: 10
    SvM,F,C,D,P: 10

Slot1, Type 11: Square Cut Taaffeite
    Slot2, Type 10: Round Cut Emerald
    Slot3, Type 10: Round Cut Peridot
    Slot4, Type 7: empty

Regular Trio Veil shows:
    Slot: FACE
    AC: 40
    DEX: 29 STA: 29 INT: 29 AGI: 29 HP: 295 MANA: 472 Endurance: 472