Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This a great tool. Thanks so very much for the time and effort.

Comment

awesome applet

Comment

Are you going to upgrade this to account for the level nerfs that killed this as usefull gear?

Comment

Heh. While I don't agree with the pessimism about the usefulness of the gear, I do plan on updating the calculator. However, that depends greatly on figuring out the algorithm used to calculate the new stats. Right now, I don't have enough data to figure that out. Once I do, I'll update the calculator.

I'll try to remember to put up a warning on the page saying the calculator doesn't account for the new recommended levels.
          Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
          Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
          Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
          Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Lvl 53 wizard
            All items are Dwerium with Round Cut Opal/Emerald, plus one of the rec level gems.

lvl 75 recommended gear -
            Ear - Trillion Cut Taaffeite - 1ac, 88hp/mana/end, 1 stats/resist
            Ear - Round Cut Taaffeite - same #s (different stats obviously)
            Face - Marquiesse Cut Taaffeite - same

Lvl 70 recommended gear -
            Neck - Half-Moon Cut Harmonagate - 1ac, 91hp/mana/end, 1 stats/resist

Lvl 65 recommended gear -
            Fingers - Round Cut Prestidigitase - 5ac, 149hp/mana/end, 6 stats/resist
            Fingers - Pear Cut Prestidigitase - same stats
            Wrist - Oval Cut Prestidigitase - same stats

Hope that helps your computations.
            Quellious Server
            Jhavon, Erudite Tailor (300)
            Kitira, Dark Elf Brewer (269), JCr (286)
            Tardpol, Froglok Smith (242)

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
              Heh. While I don't agree with the pessimism about the usefulness of the gear, I do plan on updating the calculator. However, that depends greatly on figuring out the algorithm used to calculate the new stats. Right now, I don't have enough data to figure that out. Once I do, I'll update the calculator.

I'll try to remember to put up a warning on the page saying the calculator doesn't account for the new recommended levels.
              Ngreth posted the formulas.
              Re:recomended change to jewelry crafting

=========================
              Neebat wrote:

Based on the spread sheet's values, I believe the formula is obvious.

For any level over the recommended level, each stat is Stat * Metal.
              For any level below the recommended level, each stat is calculated using the normal recommended level formula.
              stat = Round(Base * Level / Recommend Level)

The trick is, the Base varies.
              1 level below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 99%
              2 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 97%
              3 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 95%
              4 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 90%
              5 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 85%
              6 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 75%
              7 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 65%
              8 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 50%
              9 levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 35%
              10 or more levels below the recommend level, the Base is Stat * Metal * 15%

The metals of course are:
              Dwerium: 100% Rec: 70
              Paladium: 80% Rec: 60
              Velium: 60% Rec: 50
              Platinum: 40% Rec: 35
              Gold: 30% Rec: 20
              Electrum: 20% Rec: 1
              Silver: 10% Rec: 1

Here's an alternative proposal. It matches recommended levels for the 5 levels below the recommended level, then decays smoothly.

Originally posted by Ngreth
              Neebat has the basics of the formula correct.

it works by:

(Metal Adjust * Internal Adjust) * level / recommended level

The part in the parentheses is done by the script, the part outside done by basic item code.

For those doing the math or wanting to try and do a worksheet or webform (KyrosKrane FTW! )

INT (Metal * Internal / 100)

is what is passed to code.

That percentage when used on the stats is also cast to an INT (Truncated).

then the recommended level code of min(level , recommended level)/recommended level is ROUNDED not cast to an int like the rest.

The "internal" adjustment is a look-up table.
              Level Diff - Mod
              0 - 100
              1 - 99
              2 - 97
              3 - 95
              4 - 90
              5 - 85
              6 - 75
              7 - 65
              8 - 50
              9 - 35
              10 - 15

Prexus: Stasis
              2400 / 102 (Including Poisonmaking) 15% Jewelcraft, Tailoring (so far)

Thanks Tamaelia Dolath

Gildana's Goods

Comment

OK, I just got done coding and uploading the first pass at these changes. I haven't verified these against in-game examples yet, though, so take them with a grain of salt.

All feedback would be appreciated, especially instances where the calculator is wrong. Right now, it's showing ZERO stats with some gems in silver and other low metals. That intuitively feels wrong, but I don't have any in-game data to verify it. The numbers for high end metals look roughly right. I'll see if I can tweak it over the next few days.
                Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

Nope, I was wrong. The calculator is currently WAY off on some augs. I'm missing a calculation somewhere.

Comment

OK, you know what? It really helps if I don't try to make the new formula match stats from three months ago.

That aside, I think it's pretty accurate now. Beta 2 is now posted. Again, if you notice any bugs, please post here and I'll see what I can fix.

Comment

Possible Error

Hopefully I can explain this properly:

Platinum Trio at lvl 35
                      Fire Emerald (Oval)
                      Opal (Round)
                      Peridot (Round)

Displays properly according to ingame stats: 4ac / 60hp / 5ds

When you change the dropdown box from Platinum to Velium Trio for lvl 35 with the same gems the calculator displays: [0ac] / 10hp / 1ds.

I have not verified in game; however, I believe it should display 1ac / 10hp / 1ds. Something appears to be wrong with the ac calculation or display.

Edit: Actually Velium Trio seems to be completely borked. I just changed the Slot 11 to Sapphire (Trillion) and the calculator displays [0ac] / 10hp / [0hp regen]. I believe it should display 1ac / 10hp / 1hp regen.
                      Last edited by firescue17; 03-02-2008, 01:02 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

Looks like I'm rounding down somewhere where I should be rounding up or rounding naturally. I'll try to remember to poke at it later.

Comment

the code based recommended level (not the script based) rounds naturally if that helps ya.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                          Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200
                          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

More Inconsistencies

To preface, I think this is a great tool and don't want to appear annoying
                            Below are verified in-game stats.

Platinum Trio at lvl 45
                            Fire Emerald (Oval)
                            Opal (Round)
                            Peridot (Round)

In-game Stats: 5ac / 76hp / 6ds
                            Calculator Stats: 4ac / 60hp / 5ds

---------------------------------

Velium Trio at lvl 45
                            Fire Emerald (Oval)
                            Opal (Round)
                            Peridot (Round)

In-game Stats: 4ac / 68hp / 5ds
                            Calculator Stats: 5ac / 69hp / 6ds

It's been awhile since I made a new character, but I'll keep matching for upgrades as I level.

Thanks for the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by firescue17 View Post
                              Platinum Trio at lvl 45
                              Fire Emerald (Oval)
                              Opal (Round)
                              Peridot (Round)

In-game Stats: 5ac / 76hp / 6ds
                              Calculator Stats: 4ac / 60hp / 5ds
                              I'm not sure how the stats for platinum you quoted are possible. Platinum only provides a max of 40% of the gem's power. Since the opal is the only hp gem in the combo you listed, 40% x 150hp = 60hp max. How is it giving 76hp? Could you please double check that one?

I'm working on tweaking the other calculations, but so far, I haven't found anything that jumps out at me as wrong.

Comment

discrepancies on stats compared to in-game

I got one lvl 22 toon in Quellious. He wears 2 Dwerium rings, I know , they both gift. Both equipped with Shimmering Nihilite, Opal, and Emerald. According to the calc, stats are 1 AC, 19 H/M/E. While in-game those are only 8 H/M/E.
                                BTW the calc is very very handy and accurate on all other toons with so many diff. configurations.

Comment

Working...
                                X