This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelcrafting calculator

Mostly for fun, I put together an assembler or calculator of sorts, to show what finished jewelery of various types would look like. It's still in testing, but it seems to work so far. I've checked it most with Mozilla 2.0 and IE6, so I'm not sure if it works on other browsers.

Any feedback or bug reports would be appreciated. Once all the kinks are worked out, I hope to add it to the EQTC site.

http://www.kyros.info/Tradeskills/JC-Calc/

Last edited by KyrosKrane; 11-28-2007, 03:51 PM.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Very nice!! I found one bug so far: with trio setting, I was able to select 2 identical slot 10 gem and got higher stats than intended. For example, 2 round cut peridot on a dwerium gets me +20 ac rather than the intended +10 ac as identical gem don't stack in the game.

Perhaps a script somewhere that checks and warn of invalid duplicate slot 10 gems? Or one that blocks adding of second slot 10 stats if it's the same as first slot 10 gem? Also check slot 11 as some slot 10 are also usable in 11

Trillion cut taaffeite is missing resists
    Last edited by Unapuma; 11-28-2007, 01:10 PM.

Grolyn Blacknife
    Beastlord
     T:7
     M:0
     T:6
     M:1
    Fletching:
     M:2
    Zira Blacknife
    Shaman
    Maelin Starpyre
    Vazaelle
    Reiseraa
    Necro
    Research:

Comment

Both should be fixed now.

Adding and deleting options from the drop-down list would be very tricky, so instead I chose the easy way and set it to show an error message and not update the display if you select duplicate gems.
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

Doesn't work in firefox?
        --
        I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
        No, really.

Comment

I use Firefox for all my development and most of my testing. It works fine for me. What version of Firefox do you use, and what specific error message did you get? (If any, of course.)

If the problem was the page not loading at all, I adjusted the link above slightly. I'm not sure why it's failing without the www, but that should be fixed soon.

Comment

I fixed a bug that I only noticed when testing with IE. Basically, I'd named two elements on the page with the same name, which was causing a conflict. Firefox guessed what I meant, but IE didn't. It should be fixed for both cases now, so no guessing is needed.

Comment

Nice tool you've put together. Noticed that you have the marquise cut on the taaf and harmonogate being melee stats, and the round cut being caster stats. I think this is backwards, but I can't check in game atm to give you specifics.

Comment

There might be a couple of errors on the gem stats. I copied the info from the spreadsheet in the sticky, but while formatting it for use in the script, I think I overwrote a couple of the values. If you notice an error, please post the gem name and I'll verify it.

Comment

I verified the harmonagates and taaffeites and fixed an error in one harmonagate. Uploading that now.

Comment

A very small issue - and I'm not sure you even want to/can fix it...

When you have focus on one of the gem drop-lists, using the arrow keys to scroll up and down doesn't trigger any change in the item statistics.

Fdiwen

Comment

Sadly, that's a bug (if you can call it that) with the browsers themselves. I've had this issue before. Basically, the browser doesn't tell the Javascript engine that there's been a change in the box value when you use the arrow keys until you either hit enter or click on something else. It's roughly the equivalent of mousing over the options in the drop-down list; the display won't update until you actually click on one of the options.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll play with some options, but I don't think this is one I'll be able to fix.

Comment

I've noticed that as well, and it also happens on other forms as well like the resistor value calculator I use. I find if I use the arrow key to change the option, hitting the enter key will cause the display to refresh with the selected gems.

Works fine with Firefox 2.0.0.1

Grolyn Blacknife
                        Beastlord
                         M:1
                        Fletching:
                         M:2
                        Zira Blacknife
                        Shaman
                        Maelin Starpyre
                        Vazaelle
                        Reiseraa
                        Necro
                        Research:

Comment

Here's my feedback... Brilliant!!! Thanks a ton, Kyros
                          Master Artisan Alaene
                          80 Druid
                          Destinatus

Comment

Very nice ! Thank you Kyros.

Comment

wow that is fantastic thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X