This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sylphan View Post
    But I still have more than 800 useless bits... do you suppose there will ever be anything to do with the rest? Exchange for hides maybe?
    certainly not NOW since the runes/words/pages still drop. I can consider it in the future, but it is likely to not happen because I doubt I will have time to make an "exchange" list. plus with many of them used on many different levels of spells and the hides only used for one, no matter what I do someone will be upset at the level of hide chosen.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Are you starting to get down about the 'people complain no matter what you do' issue? Goes with the position, but try not to let it get to you. Yes of course someone always will, but you have to consider what percentage of the people are *not* complaining, and also what type of complaints they are. Complaints of "that's so great we can't get enough" are worlds apart from "that's so bad we won't use it", even if they both register as 'complaint' at first.

Anyway, with research so systematic, there must be a systematic solution. Just off the top of my head, different recipes (or turnins) -- Salil's page + Modest Binding Solution = Raw Runic Hide, but Salil's page + Crude Binding Solution = Raw Crude Hide. It's just an idea.
      83/1000 High Elven Enchanter on cazic (8x300 tradeskills)

Comment

Sadly I dumped a crapload of runes already including many of these. I saved and saved and bought and saved to get the ones for the higher level spellsand didn't see the part about disabled until after the patch lol. Glad I saw this as I have about 10 bags of words still on my necro and a lot of what I see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylphan View Post
          Are you starting to get down about the 'people complain no matter what you do' issue? Goes with the position, but try not to let it get to you. Yes of course someone always will, but you have to consider what percentage of the people are *not* complaining, and also what type of complaints they are. Complaints of "that's so great we can't get enough" are worlds apart from "that's so bad we won't use it", even if they both register as 'complaint' at first.

Anyway, with research so systematic, there must be a systematic solution. Just off the top of my head, different recipes (or turnins) -- Salil's page + Modest Binding Solution = Raw Runic Hide, but Salil's page + Crude Binding Solution = Raw Crude Hide. It's just an idea.
          interesting idea, though there are not enough binding solutions either to make it all, through a third component could be added to make the other level differences (when the drops start to be 1 per level instead of 1 per 5 levels)

But I am also not sure of the worth of the effort. I am still trying to control the drop rate, I would only be able to do this after I remove old drops, and would not be able to do it with anything that still drops... etc... and then it has very limited use only to help people clear their banks and eventually wills tart getting bugs that "I cannot find this drop ANYWHERE! where is it! There is a recipe for it!!"
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200

Comment

So, before I go and sell off the rest of my research components (after vendoring nearly 120 slots worth of Runes, Words and "oddball"s like Writ of Quellious and Runed Emblem) I'd like to make sure that I have this correct: Aside from Yaeth's Compendiums 25Right, 73Right, 78Right, Tohar's Memoir 15Right, and the couple other's listed above (thank you Shadrok!), I can be confident that my other Y's, T's, K's, Nilit's, Tas', Salit's et al. are now no longer used in spell research and are "safe" to sell to a vendor? It's taken me quite some time to collect these and I have quite a few. I'd love the room in bank inventory but...you know

Thanks!
            Ybolla Vyrus
            Gnome Enchantress
            Solusek Ro
            "Change is the only constant in the universe"

Comment

Originally posted by Ybolla View Post
              So, before I go and sell off the rest of my research components (after vendoring nearly 120 slots worth of Runes, Words and "oddball"s like Writ of Quellious and Runed Emblem) I'd like to make sure that I have this correct: Aside from Yaeth's Compendiums 25Right, 73Right, 78Right, Tohar's Memoir 15Right, and the couple other's listed above (thank you Shadrok!), I can be confident that my other Y's, T's, K's, Nilit's, Tas', Salit's et al. are now no longer used in spell research and are "safe" to sell to a vendor? It's taken me quite some time to collect these and I have quite a few. I'd love the room in bank inventory but...you know

Thanks!
              Never say never. The choice to sell off items is entirely yours. Anything is possible, and the decision might be made to bring back the old system (while it may not be likely right now, who knows with time). If you are asking for a promise or a guarantee, the chance is slim to none (oh, and there goes Slim riding out of town now). =)

Gorse

Comment

What Gorse said.

I make no guarantees.

I currently have no plans to use it, but for all I know Mr Smedly will come to my office tomorrow and say "You must reinstate the old research system" and well poof it comes back.

And if it comes back, well the stuff will be dropping so... you can go get more.

And well as for the chances of a visit from Mr Smedly... I think I see None following Slim out of town...
                Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200

Comment

lol... why does the name Mr. Smedly make me laugh.

Comment

And these as well:
                    http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...7&postcount=40

Comment

Am I reading the new research right? Only spells 61-65 are affected? What about 16-60? I've got some lower level toons with stockpiled spell research in the bank waiting for Dingage and don't know what to do with it?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Nope. It can make 1-70 spells at this time.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200

Comment

Finally tried a lvl 29 recipe on my lvl 28 Enchanter....and it didn't work. I guess my next question is: if they retooled all the spell research recipes, is there a updated recipe list for the lower level spells or are they...dare I speak it... all available for sale at vendors?

Comment

If you are trying an OLD ("classic") recipe using words, runes or pages, it will not work anymore. the NEW recipe may not yet be in the database if no one tried to figure it out and submit it to be put into teh database.

post a separate thread in this forum on what spell you are trying to figure out, and your fellow researchers will lend a hand.

as for whether it might be vendor bought....I dunno...was it always a research-only spell? if so, that likely hasn't changed...Ngreth did not add any spells to vendors when he switched from teh Classic to the Systematic recipes.
                            Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
                            Silky Moderator Lady
                            Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Is this thread the best place to figure out what to vendor and what not to? I've never really messed with spell research though I have been saving research components since '99. I have several mules full of runes, words, pages, and spell research stuff from.. the second? research adjustment (LDoN drops etc.).

Now finally I've got an up and coming wizard and I'd like to start working on some research, but trying to figure out what to dump, what to save, and what to do to skill up seems to be an overly daunting task...

Comment

If you use my program from www.eq-manager.com it'll list out stuff that you've got that's been flagged as vendor junk (at least those that I've gone through and flagged as vendor junk). This includes all the old runes, pages, etc that are no longer used for any other purpose.
                                -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                                try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Working...
                                X