This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelcrafting summary spreadsheet

I'm becoming more and more a fan of shared spreadsheets, so I'm giving this one a try with Jewelcrafting. I've put together a sheet that summarizes what I know so far of the new gems, their cuts, and what stats they give with each metal. Feel free to browse or add to it; the sheet is open for everyone to edit.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/kyroskrane/Jewelcrafting

The max stats information should be copied from Lucy, EQItems, Magelo, or a similar authenticated source.

The information for each metal should be taken from in game. In other words, if you don't see the stats in game, please don't post them here. No guesses or assumptions, please. For gems that can be both slot 10 or slot 11 with different cuts, please post the slot 11 cut stats.

Once the sheet is mostly filled in, I hope to make a JC calculator or assembler of some sort that lets you select a base metal and your preferred gems and cuts, then see what the final stats will look like.

And remember that since the spreadsheet is shared, any change you make is immediately visible to everyone! Please be careful about deleting cells by accident. If you want to reserve some cells for yourself, you can lock that range of cells and make a note of why you locked it.

Let me know what you think.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Surely the stats for Ruby and Sapphire are wrong...right?

If not, I'll me making some of those pronto.

Edit: Also, check Fire Emerald. On all three, I think the 100 is probably wrong. Even with the hard caps on Mana Regen, Regen, and DS...
    Last edited by Twistagain; 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM.

Comment

The data is copied straight from Lucy. I'm guessing the code that adjusts the stats based on the metal will reduce that appropriately. That's why I asked for in-game data for the metals. If we see that Dwerium offers +100 mana regen, well ... that should be fun.
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

I can't access Lucy from work, but:

I noticed from another thread that Palladium-set gems are 76% of max, and that Dwerium are 100%. If that is the case, and that the percentage is based on the metal and holds true from item-to-item, then it looks like Platinum is around 38%.

If the regen rates are 10 (instead of 100), then the Palladium value would be 7.6 (rounded to 8?) and Platinum would be 3.8 (rounded to 4?) The 4 for Platinum matches the chart entry.

Now, the Fire Emerald is a different story...and the DS is 5 for Platinum according to this chart. Odd...

Comment

I just set a Square Cut Ruby in a Dwerium Setting, and it gave 7 Mana Regen. I've updated the spreadsheet accordingly.
          Unmei, Coercer, Lanys.

Comment

Thanks, Unmei, but that info should have been in the Dwerium column. Updated it for you.

I haven't been able to make round cuts of the following gems, with and without a jeweler's glass. Anyone else able to make these? (It's also very possible that I misread the book and these can't be made as round cuts. I couldn't find the JC book to check the text.)

Amber
            Bloodstone
            Fire Opal
            Ruby
            Sapphire
            Topaz

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
              I haven't been able to make round cuts of the following gems, with and without a jeweler's glass.
              The book seems to imply that all vendor-bought gems can be round cut, but then goes on and gives a list. None of those gems are on the list. I can at least confirm that I was not able to round cut Amber.
              Your brain has performed an illegal operation and will now shut down...

Comment

Thanks, Unmei, but that info should have been in the Dwerium column. Updated it for you.

I haven't been able to make round cuts of the following gems, with and without a jeweler's glass. Anyone else able to make these? (It's also very possible that I misread the book and these can't be made as round cuts. I couldn't find the JC book to check the text.)

Amber
                Bloodstone
                Fire Opal
                Ruby
                Sapphire
                Topaz

Ruby is Square-cut, with Jewelers Glass required in the combine.

Can't recall about the others off the top of my head.
                Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

I can confirm fire emerald in slot 11 dwerium item gets +13 DS

EDIT: opal fire emerald is +13 DS, I didn't check for round fire emerald so no idea yet if it's same or not. If it is not the same, someone will have to adjust the spread sheet and insert an extra line for separate round fire emerald and oval fire emerald.
                  Last edited by Unapuma; 11-20-2007, 09:50 AM.

Grolyn Blacknife
                  Beastlord
                   T:7
                   M:0
                   T:6
                   M:1
                  Fletching:
                   M:2
                  Zira Blacknife
                  Shaman
                  Maelin Starpyre
                  Vazaelle
                  Reiseraa
                  Necro
                  Research:

Comment

Currently there are 4 scripts.

One that is used on the majority of items.

One that is used for the DS item.

One that is used for the two regen items.

One that is used for the worn effect items.

Each of these act a bit differently according to what they are put in (to give the resultant stats we want) and is what the DS and Regen GEMS have such huge values.
                    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                    Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200
                    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Things to check when I have time (or if someone beats me to it):

Round Cut Fire Emerald
                      Round Cut Star Ruby

Those are the last two listed on the sheet as having two possible cuts. If those can't be round cut, then it means each vendor-sold gem has exactly one cut, which can produce either a type 10/11 or a type 11 only aug. If that's the case, it simplifies the spreadsheet a bunch.

Comment

Round Cut Fire Emerald
                        Round Cut Star Ruby

Those are the last two listed on the sheet as having two possible cuts. If those can't be round cut, then it means each vendor-sold gem has exactly one cut, which can produce either a type 10/11 or a type 11 only aug. If that's the case, it simplifies the spreadsheet a bunch.

All of the store bought and dropped gems have only the single cut as listed. (This does not include Staurolite, Prestidigitase, Harmonagate, Taaffeite, which all can be cut to any of the 7 cuts)

Round Cut Tool + Gem (combine in a JC Kit)
                        Each has the stat listed.
                        All can fit type 10 and type 11.

Round Cut Malachite: svP
                        Round Cut Lapis Lazuli: svD
                        Round Cut Cat's Eye Agate: svM
                        Round Cut Hematite: svF
                        Round Cut Torquoise: svC
                        Round Cut Carnelian: STR
                        Round Cut Onyx: DEX
                        Round Cut Jasper: AGI
                        Round Cut Wolf's Eye Agate: WIS
                        Round Cut Jade: INT
                        Round Cut Star Rose Quartz: CHA
                        Round Cut Periodot: AC
                        Round Cut Opal: HP
                        Round Cut Emerald: mana/end

(Pearl uses the same recipe, but the name is not Round Cut)
                        Small Shaped Pearl: STA

Round Cut Tool + Gem + Eye Glass (combine in a JC Kit)
                        Each has the stat/ listed.
                        All can fit only in a type 11.

Half Moon Cut Goshenite: Str/Sta/Wis
                        Marquise Cut Alexandrite: Str. Sta/Int
                        Oval Cut Demantoid: Str/Sta/Chr
                        Oval Cut Fire Opal: Enduring Breath
                        Oval Cut Fire Emerald: Damage Shield
                        Pear Cut Rubellite: Str/Sta/Int/Wis/Agi/Dex/Chr
                        Pear Cut Star Ruby: Faerune
                        Round Cut Jacinth: Str/Sta/Dex
                        Round Cut Morganite: Str/Sta/Agi
                        Square Cut Ruby: Mana Regen
                        Square Cut Black Sapphire: SvM/SvF/SvC/SvP/SvD
                        Trilion Cut Amber: Ultravision
                        Trilion Cut Amethyst: SvM/SvF/SvC
                        Trilion Cut Bloodstone: Heat Sight
                        Trilion Combine Star: SvM/SvD/SvP
                        Trilion Cut Sapphire: Hp Regen
                        Trilion Cut Topaz: Shadow Sight

I have not had time to play with Nihilite. I am still working on getting enough combines to tier to on Raw Pale Nihilite, before I try combines on the other types, but I am getting close. Updates to follow.

Gorse

Comment

Round Cut Fire Emerald
                          Round Cut Star Ruby

Oval Cut Fire Emerald: Damage Shield
                          Pear Cut Star Ruby: Faerune

Note: Star Ruby is 68pp and change on vendor, trivial 188. Silver bar to make a Silver Solo ring is a few gold, trivial 18. For less than 70pp you can now make Faerune rings!! WOOT. I'm making them for everyone in the guild when the servers come back up.

Gorse

Comment

Heh, make a silver trio ring and let your guildies get something in the other two slots. Shouldn't be much harder or more expensive.

Comment

The bagged Faerune ring is situational item mostly to keep from drowning, until their spirit tracker cloak evolves, but yes, I'll give them the trio ring and let them decide.

It was really just to state the point, Faerune, any level, under 70pp = happy players.

Gorse

Comment

Working...
                              X