No announcement yet.

The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Signet of Might was a reward for raiders who tradeskilled (or tradeskillers who raided, take your pick); it was locked behind multiple flags requiring raids to obtain.

Eron's isn't locked; anyone can get it if they can hack the content. There's no flags, there's no raids. In fact, from what I can tell, some parts of it are soloable. It would be inappropriate to put a raid-caliber reward on a group-level quest.

Ideally, the reward should be similar to or slightly better than group-obtainable gear at that level of content. (I don't know enough about SoF gear to tell how it compares right now.) This might mean it's better than past raid gear (probably Anguish or low Demi level); but it shouldn't be so good that a high end raider would wear it over their current raid gear.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

I'd like to see it at 40 ac, more would be super, but 40 makes it at least wearable.
      21 million click club

Comment

any specific mobs the pages drop off in the crypt?

i got page 5 from a Frenzied Ancestor. I take it some people have passed this stage and have found all the books as well? is any help forthcoming on those?

Comment

Originally posted by muvandog View Post
          any specific mobs the pages drop off in the crypt?

i got page 5 from a Frenzied Ancestor. I take it some people have passed this stage and have found all the books as well? is any help forthcoming on those?
          So far I've only got 5 copies of Page 3 all off proboplasms.
          21 million click club

Comment

Random drops in the crypt. I've seen all three rott prior to realizing what they were for.

--Poohjure

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
              The Signet of Might was a reward for raiders who tradeskilled (or tradeskillers who raided, take your pick); it was locked behind multiple flags requiring raids to obtain.

Eron's isn't locked; anyone can get it if they can hack the content. There's no flags, there's no raids. In fact, from what I can tell, some parts of it are soloable. It would be inappropriate to put a raid-caliber reward on a group-level quest.

Ideally, the reward should be similar to or slightly better than group-obtainable gear at that level of content. (I don't know enough about SoF gear to tell how it compares right now.) This might mean it's better than past raid gear (probably Anguish or low Demi level); but it shouldn't be so good that a high end raider would wear it over their current raid gear.
              It has Improved Dodge V focus. That is a raid level focus. Therefore, I do not feel that putting 40 or 50 AC on it is inappropriate. /shrug
              Archus
              Ashenhand of Quellious
              Undivided Faith
              Drinal Server

Comment

Originally posted by Poohjure View Post
                I fixed this for you!! "I second the request to boost the AC from 30 to 50 (or change the clicky from Form of Defense III to Form of Endurance V)."

As an end game raider I spend a lot of time working on tradeskills and looking for ways to improve my toon on my own time. Now, after 30 hours of work, I've reached the Brewing part, and see the end in sight. I keep hoping against hope that this will gain not only enough ac to be useful to a tank class, but also a click that would be worth the effort. Form of Defense III is nice and all, but it isnt really a click that many classes think of as "Vital"

Just my opinion. I still plan to finish the quest, even if the item sits and rots in my bank. It has been a fun quest so far.

--Poohjure
                It would be even better if it didn't have a "Form of __" clicky at all but instead had one of the "___ Ward" effects.

The "Form of ___" clickies are very common/easy to get for most folks so having it as an effect is not very exciting. Having Unliving Ward or Prismatic Ward as the clicky would be much more exciting/useful, since the ___ Ward clicks are much rarer.
                Telorea
                Proud Member of Forgotten Nemesis
                Premier Barbarian Smith of Firiona Vie
                Member of the 2100 (2400) Club

Comment

Try the ghouls for page 2. That quest was a monster, the next one looks easier, I hope it really is. By the way, what happens if you fail that 250 trivial JC combine at the end of every quest?
                  Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post

There were several raiders that wore both the 6th and 7th PoP tradeskill ears, only replacing the 6th in PoT (or a few even later). Up to the 6th ear if I remember right required no raid flags after all the various flag changes were done. If the same type of scale were extended to this item that would place it at a tier 3 SoF item which wouldn't be better than a tier 4 item obviously but at the same time it would be good enough that many raiders would choose not to upgrade it. I think that's the type of target that should be aimed for with these types of quests, for obvious reasons (some of which you mentioned) it can't be better than top end raid gear, but an alternative that's alittle worse is perfectly acceptable I feel.

Also, I want to add that the AC really is lacking. I understand that different slots scale differently to AC but a point or two above that of Solteris level ears/fingers is a much better target there too I feel.

Alternatively, not to add a request for you Ngreth which is a high workload but is it possible to add a script to an item which adds AC based on which slot it's in? I'm not quite sure how that would work with displaying stats but let's say 30 AC was the base and it would gain 30 AC in wrists, 25 around the neck, 20 on fingers, and so on.
                    Last edited by Brael; 11-28-2007, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• Magnetized Scap Metal

What drops this? Haven't found it yet...........
                      Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

• Yay I figured out the solution to the boxes finally

Good luck out there - but I do want to mention make SURE its daytime before u try this or you will die upon placing the boxes. My only hint

Hats off to you Ngreth for this one. It is frustrating to say the least, but satisfying when you figure it out.
                        Last edited by Isenhart; 11-28-2007, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzz View Post
                          What drops this? Haven't found it yet...........

The refinery mentioned in the quest is inside the fort in Fortress Mechanotus, go up all the elevators then east side and down to the bottom. The oil is a rare drop off the steamworks there. The west side of the fort is the scrapyard where the Magnetized Scrap Metal drops. Eron's Tertiary Setting is made in the forge, 1 refined magnetized scrap metal + 1 refined steamwork oil + the mold Eron gives you after the turn-ins.
                          that did it for me
                          Grants The Victorious
                          Lord
                          Master Artisan
                          Yaella Lonn
                          Exarch
                          Zend Lonn
                          Magician
                          Tinkering 300 Spell Reserach 300

Comment

• Hehe Sounds like someone is a Terry Goodkind/Wizard's First Rule fan. Cool.

Originally posted by Tadenea View Post
                            Fletching part
                            Counting Shadows

<snipped for brevity>

Now you must choose the correct box. Consider the boxes to be in a circle and when you count from one to two to three back to one then two. So if you start at one, and add five you are in fact at three. Starting at one add the hourly angle that the sun is from the start of a new day. If your reason for opening the box is for another, you must choose the box that casts one less shadow. If you are doing this for yourself you must choose the box with one more shadow. If you are doing this to benefit yourself and another, then you must choose the box as you have counted the hours. Choose wisely. If you make a poor choice death will come for you and all will be lost.

Comment

• I got my ore from a mix of Minotaur Miners (droped 2-3 for me, but only about 1 in 10 dropped any) and Kirkonan miners (always dropped 1 but only about 1 in 10 dropped any).

Also finished the Mansion access quest on my 3 chars I was boxing this with at the same time - THOSE drops are pretty common from the camp.

Mostly killed the minotars from around the lake, but had a short while another group had wandered in to do the mansion access quest, at which point they were dying fast enough I had to pull some from inside the fort.

Comment

• Nice job on the developing the quests here, it has been alot of fun (and alot of work) so far. I have to agree that the AC is quite low though.

Even as a mid tier type caster, the melee version would be lower AC then most of the common items available to us in those slots. I can only imagine the pain of folks who actually covet AC.

Regardless, I still look forward to completing this, thanks for the fun.
                                Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

Working...
                                X