No announcement yet.

The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirit of roots is stumping me... tried Stormguard root beer, bottle of bloodroot wine, dark root ink, roots, ranthrok nostrum, kaladim constitutional so far.
    Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

Is Eron's Jewelry really the final item that you get? If so, is anyone else then me dissapointed? Seeing groupable stuff is more or less the same statwise. I was really hoping this to be more special.

The last massive tradeskill quest we had was for the Signet of might, which was a nice item during PoP, (only PoTime items was better).
      Only reason Im gonna finish this is to be able to say that I've done it, and for the Dodge V mod.
      Grants The Victorious
      Lord
      Master Artisan
      Yaella Lonn
      Exarch
      Zend Lonn
      Magician
      Tinkering 300 Spell Reserach 300

Comment

Originally posted by Grants View Post
        Is Eron's Jewelry really the final item that you get? If so, is anyone else then me dissapointed? Seeing groupable stuff is more or less the same statwise. I was really hoping this to be more special.

The last massive tradeskill quest we had was for the Signet of might, which was a nice item during PoP, (only PoTime items was better).
        Only reason Im gonna finish this is to be able to say that I've done it, and for the Dodge V mod.
        The fact that it has a tradeskill tag on it leads me to believe it isnt finished. Focus on completeing the quest (or till someone else finishes) then complain.

--Poohjure

Originally posted by Xcoz View Post
          Spirit of roots is stumping me... tried Stormguard root beer, bottle of bloodroot wine, dark root ink, roots, ranthrok nostrum, kaladim constitutional so far.

also tried....

alkanet root
          bundle of burdock roots
          bundle of mandrake roots
          burdock root
          galsemium root
          mandrake root
          pinch of mandrake root
          pinch of burdock root
          section of mandrake root
          section of burdock root
          valerian root
          vertiver root
          and the cleric spell root

Comment

got it, vodka. grats me on choosing incorrectly and taking 325000 damage! hah. Off to farm again
            Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

Originally posted by Grants View Post

The end result is 470hp (and lots of other stats + 2 focuses) that can be in one of 5(?) slots. Not bad, I'd say. The scratched hide stuff (attunable armor from Bloodmoon Keep?) has 330hp on the chest slot.

/shrug

Comment

I think the tradeskill tag is due to being able to switch it between the melee & caster versions.

I'm guessing http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=36550 is the melee version. Anyone know what the caster one is?
                Master Artisan Hidron
                Veritable Quandary
                Drinal

Comment

Originally posted by Twistagain View Post
                The end result is 470hp (and lots of other stats + 2 focuses) that can be in one of 5(?) slots. Not bad, I'd say. The scratched hide stuff (attunable armor from Bloodmoon Keep?) has 330hp on the chest slot.

/shrug
                Well, I understand what the initial poster was saying. While I do think the item is extremely good, my specific complaint comes from the lack of AC. Comparable items with Improved Dodge V and 450+ hps mostly have AC 40+. Also, SoF is an expansion where AC takes on new importance, so 30 seems low by at least 10 or more points. To put it into perspective, the Signet of Might, which was one of the best items in its slot outside of the end zones of its expansion (PoP), had AC 25 and HP 145. This item has AC 30 and HP 470, and there will likely be many T3 drops that are comparable or better. In my opinion, to make this item match its other stats and mods, it needs an AC of 50. 45 would be ok, however, and 40 would be the minimum.
                Archus
                Ashenhand of Quellious
                Undivided Faith
                Drinal Server

Comment

Originally posted by Poohjure View Post
                  The fact that it has a tradeskill tag on it leads me to believe it isnt finished. Focus on completeing the quest (or till someone else finishes) then complain.

--Poohjure
                  it can be changed between caster and melee version so can still be "tradeskilled" even when done. (though augments make that painful)
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200
                  Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Archus View Post
                    Well, I understand what the initial poster was saying. While I do think the item is extremely good, my specific complaint comes from the lack of AC. Comparable items with Improved Dodge V and 450+ hps mostly have AC 40+. Also, SoF is an expansion where AC takes on new importance, so 30 seems low by at least 10 or more points. To put it into perspective, the Signet of Might, which was one of the best items in its slot outside of the end zones of its expansion (PoP), had AC 25 and HP 145. This item has AC 30 and HP 470, and there will likely be many T3 drops that are comparable or better. In my opinion, to make this item match its other stats and mods, it needs an AC of 50. 45 would be ok, however, and 40 would be the minimum.
                    Yea this is what i meant.

last steps for "Scrap Oil":

10) Speak with Eron after he had a minute to inspect the Metal.
                    11) Create 1 Eron's Tertiary Setting using tradeskills.
                    12) Create 1 Eron's Tertiary Setting Jewelry using tradeskills
                    13)Show eron your progress on the Jewelry
                    Grants The Victorious
                    Lord
                    Master Artisan
                    Yaella Lonn
                    Exarch
                    Zend Lonn
                    Magician
                    Tinkering 300 Spell Reserach 300

Comment

What's the focus and clicky on the caster version, or do we have to wait until we solve the quest to find out?

BTW, thanks for putting in good experience on the quest steps Ngreth. I was a bit distraught to spend an afternoon on the baking step, but after I got the exp boost from completing the quest, it didn't feel like time wasted.

Still waiting for a walkthrough of the fletching step, and I second the request to boost the AC from 30 to 40 (or change the clicky from Form of Defense III to Form of Defense IV).
                      Last edited by Zolina; 11-27-2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

How do you convert the item to a caster version?
                        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I have much hate for LP orcs. Especially after camping them the 3rd time! hah
                          Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

Originally posted by Zolina View Post
                            I second the request to boost the AC from 30 to 40 (or change the clicky from Form of Defense III to Form of Defense IV).
                            I fixed this for you!! "I second the request to boost the AC from 30 to 50 (or change the clicky from Form of Defense III to Form of Endurance V)."

As an end game raider I spend a lot of time working on tradeskills and looking for ways to improve my toon on my own time. Now, after 30 hours of work, I've reached the Brewing part, and see the end in sight. I keep hoping against hope that this will gain not only enough ac to be useful to a tank class, but also a click that would be worth the effort. Form of Defense III is nice and all, but it isnt really a click that many classes think of as "Vital"

Just my opinion. I still plan to finish the quest, even if the item sits and rots in my bank. It has been a fun quest so far.

--Poohjure

Originally posted by Poohjure View Post
                              I fixed this for you!! "I second the request to boost the AC from 30 to 50 (or change the clicky from Form of Defense III to Form of Endurance V)."

As an end game raider I spend a lot of time working on tradeskills and looking for ways to improve my toon on my own time. Now, after 30 hours of work, I've reached the Brewing part, and see the end in sight. I keep hoping against hope that this will gain not only enough ac to be useful to a tank class, but also a click that would be worth the effort. Form of Defense III is nice and all, but it isnt really a click that many classes think of as "Vital"

Just my opinion. I still plan to finish the quest, even if the item sits and rots in my bank. It has been a fun quest so far.

--Poohjure
                              I agree, but I didn't want to ask for too much. I think AC 50 would allow high end raiders to actually wear the item instead of banking it. Changing the click to Form of Endurance IV (or V) without changing the AC would allow me to use the item for a click, though I doubt I would wear it. Making both changes would probably convince some people to take up tradeskilling to obtain it - which isn't necessarily a bad thing. During PoP, the Signet of Might was so good that I took up tradeskilling to obtain it. And if Eron's Jewelry is supposed to be the SoF equivalent of the Signet of Might, then it needs some upgrades to make it equally drool-worthy. Like Pooh, I will finish the quest regardless of whether the change is made, but it would be nice to have something to show for all the work besides extra AA's and a bank slot hogger.
                              Archus
                              Ashenhand of Quellious
                              Undivided Faith
                              Drinal Server

Comment

• Working...
                                X