No announcement yet.

The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On completion of Task #1, Eron gives you back 1 "Eron's Simply Jewelery" (this item appears to be what you upgrade through the series). He warns that the following task requires an expert potter.

When you get Task #2, he gives you a note "Eron's Ceramic Setting Notes". Scribe this.

Task #2: Clay within the beast
    Step 1: Loot 14 Twitching Soot (zone: the Mechamatic Guardian)
    Step 2: Loot 2 Blue Gem Grade Faycite (zone: the Mechamatic Guardian)
    Step 3: Create 2 Soot Bound Ceramic Clay using tradeskills [recipe: 7 soot + 1 water in wheel - trivial 100]
    Step 4: Create 2 Eron's Unfired Ceramic Setting using tradeskills [recipe: 1 clay + 1 water in wheel - trivial 400]
    Step 5: Create 2 Eron's Ceramic Setting using tradeskills [recipe: 1 setting + 1 HQ sheet in kiln - trivial 50]
    Step 6: Deliver 1 Blue Gem Grade Faycite to Eron
    Step 7: Show the Settings to Eron. Allow him time to inspect them.
    Step 8: ???
    Step 9: ???
    Step 10: ???
    [recipe: "Eron's Simply Jewelery" + 1 green faycite + 1 blue faycite - trivial 250]
    Durok Warmhands
    Valorguard
    Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

sorry i did not see it anywhere, but how do we change it over to the caster version of the quest piece?

later on tonight ill post what is needed for third step as i finished pottery just 30 minutes ago. i can tell you what i remember is it requires fishing and frog legs.....

edit: step 9 was create (not sure on actual name) eron's second step piece... combine the JC piece, Pottery piece, and the blue and white crystals (from the robot instance) in a JC bag, step 10 was to hand it back to him.
      Last edited by Jeezu; 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Durok View Post
        Task #2: Clay within the beast
        Step 1: Loot 14 Twitching Soot (zone: the Mechamatic Guardian)
        Step 2: Loot 2 Blue Gem Grade Faycite (zone: the Mechamatic Guardian)
        Step 3: Create 2 Soot Bound Ceramic Clay using tradeskills [recipe: 7 soot + 1 water in wheel - trivial 100]
        Step 4: Create 2 Eron's Unfired Ceramic Setting using tradeskills [recipe: 1 clay + 1 water in wheel - trivial 400]
        Step 5: Create 2 Eron's Ceramic Setting using tradeskills [recipe: 1 setting + 1 HQ sheet in kiln - trivial 50]
        Step 6: Deliver 1 Blue Gem Grade Faycite to Eron
        Step 8: ???
        Step 9: ???
        Step 10: ???
        [recipe: "Eron's Simply Jewelery" + 1 green faycite + 1 blue faycite - trivial 250]

Step 8: Speak with Eron after he has had time to inspect the settings.
        Step 9 Create 1 Eron's Simple Second Setting Jewelry using tradeskills. (Blue Gem Greade Farcite + Clear Gem Grade Faycite + Eron's Simple Jewelry + Eron's Ceramic Setitng 250 JC Trivial)
        Step 10: Show Eron your progress on the jewelry

--Poohjure

Unfortunately I cant find the recipies for the baking parts (except the frog one). Am tired though and will try to figure it out tomorrow. Looks like there may be some experimenting involved.
          Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

Task #3 Food For the Injured

1 ) Fish for 12 Farwander Gar

2 ) Fish for 12 Wayunder perch

3 ) Fish for 12 Dragonscale Bullhead

4 ) Fish for 12 Prawn

5 ) Fish for 12 Shaded Bonefish

6 ) Fish for 12 Shadow Trout

7 ) Loot 1 Twitching giant Frog leg

8) Create 1 Farwander Far Meatballs using tradeskills

9 ) Create 1 Grilled Ranthockgrass Prawns using tradeskills

10 ) Create 1 Sweet Sauce Shaded Bonefish using tradeskils

11 ) Create 1 Baked Dragonscale Bullhead using tradeskills

12 ) Create 1 Shadow Trout Kabobs using tradeskills

13 ) Create 1 Wine Baked Wayunder Perch using tradeskills

14 ) Create 1 Eron's Herb Frog Legs using tradeskills

15 ) Go talk to eron. be sure you have all of the fish and baking with you and he

16 ) ???

17 ) ???

( edit: ) didn't take a log but i did enable journal while talking to him, i do remember him saying you would have to find the recipes for the fish, but if needed i can go through journal and post his text as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Durok View Post
              AH! That was my mistake, I tried to make two "Simple Jewelery" and could not (due to lore), and got stumped. I did not think to try handing in the one first, and *then* combining the second to hand in (will do tonight). Thank you for the assist on that tricky point Ngreth!

PS: Ngreth, you might want to get something explicit into the quest text about this, otherwise this question will probably rear up again and again. For example, "Eron requests that you show him the first Simple Jewelery which you create before you attempt to craft the second, as he wants to make sure that your handiwork measures up to his standards."
              Erm. .. I really REALLY hope that text like that is not already in there and I just overlooked it, or I will have just outed myself as a bumbling clod.
              Yeah I probably should (it is not specific) but so few people read that text that I am not sure how important it is...
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Nm.
                Last edited by Fulorian; 11-17-2007, 03:34 PM. Reason: Problem solved.

Comment

Thanks!

Okay, thanks for assisting we casters in finding out how to obtain a caster-usable version of this, Ngreth

Jeezu - combine the melee version in a JC kit by itself. It will become a priest/caster version, and is able to be changed back.

Dastumpi Anklenibbler
                  White Wind, Drinal
                  Last edited by Dastumpi; 11-19-2007, 12:33 AM. Reason: Answering question...

Comment

Im on the "Create 2 Eron's Configurable Chain" part, and I scribed the recipe, but cannot do the combine. I tried zoning, opening and closing the kit, and it tells me "This seems correct but something is wrong. Perhaps you need to know something more in order to combine this"
                    Any ideas, please?
                    Edit: Ok I'm tired and found the problem. When I clicked scribe the first few times it didnt work. I found it in my bag again (sorry, really long week) and clicked a few more times, and NOW the recipe is in my kit. Sorry.
                    Last edited by Skinnyminnie; 11-19-2007, 04:19 AM. Reason: Fibrofog and pain!

Skinnyminnie Reynwalker
                    Lilbitbad Baenlyl

Comment

3rd Task

I am on the 3rd task.

I scribed the scroll he gave me.

However, the only recipe that showed up in an oven, spit, mixing bowl or tackle box was the frog leg recipe.

Anyone have any idea how to make the 6 other fish items? Is there a scribe-able book/scroll somewhere I am missing?
                      Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

I was led to believe that it was time to get out your cookbooks and expirement for the recipes.

--Poohjure

Task 2 safety tip:
                          Do NOT screw up like I did, and accidentally do:
                          Step 9: Create 1 Eron's Simple Second Setting Jewelry using tradeskills.
                          Before you do:
                          Doh.

I was so looking forward to fishing and guessing recipes too...
                          Durok Warmhands
                          Valorguard
                          Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

[post info deleted]

Oops, it looks like my "clever guesswork" resulted in something which the developer did not intend.

Carry on, nothing to see here...
                            Last edited by Durok; 11-19-2007, 10:13 AM.
                            Durok Warmhands
                            Valorguard
                            Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

Well crap

That will be Adjusted to require you to do the quests in order.

Darn.

There is a book on how to make the fish in game...
                              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                              Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200
                              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                                There is a book on how to make the fish in game...
                                Thanks Ngreth,

I misunderstood you and was misinformed.

--Poohjure
                                Working...
                                X