No announcement yet.

The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minatour miners worked for me but fairly rare drop. When you do get them they are 1-3 stuck together. At 6/12 and will be heading back in at some point I hope.... Inside the mine they are simply to densely populated for anything other than a full grp.
    Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
    Tailor (300)
    Brewer (300)
    Baker (300)
    Jewelcrafter (297)
    Potter (251)
    Smith (251)
    Fletcher (235)

Comment

Killed probably 10 or so of the mino miners outside in the pit near SW corner of the zone last night.. only had a little bit of time. I did not see a single ore drop though. Is that the correct place to be?
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Was labelled Minatour Mine on my map -- westish part of the zone. Looks like a standard strip mine with about 6 miners outside and a nice grassy area to rest on top.
        Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
        Tailor (300)
        Brewer (300)
        Baker (300)
        Jewelcrafter (297)
        Potter (251)
        Smith (251)
        Fletcher (235)

Comment

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more specific I got mine from the minotaur miners at the mine, not the fort. Make sure you have your trophy on ya when you combine the configurable chain! Trivial is 400 and it sucks having to collect 12 more ores....

Comment

Step 2: purify the draonscale ore [combine 3 ore + 1 gnomish heat source in jewlers kit - trivial 100]
            Step 3: give all four pieces of the purified ore to Eron
            Step 4: Speak with Eron after he has had time to inspect it and you have a bog slot available
            ... he stalls for a few mins ...
            Then gives you a bag (jewlers kit) with:
            - a note in it "Eron's Simple Jewelery notes", scribe this
            - a mold "Eron's Configurable Chain and Setting Mold"
            - and your 4 bars back
            Step 5: Create 2 Eron's Configurable Chain using tradeskills [combine 2 bars + mold in jewelers kit, also get a half bar left over - trivial = 400]
            Step 6: Create 2 Eron's Setting using tradeskills [combine half a bar + mold in jewelers kit - trivial = 250]
            Step 7: Create 2 Eron's Simple Jewelery using tradeskills [combine Chain + setting in jewelers kit - trivial = 100]
            Step 8: Give Eron both of the Simple Jewelery you made
            Last edited by Durok; 11-15-2007, 04:09 PM.
            Durok Warmhands
            Valorguard
            Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

Having a problem with the final 2 steps of this quest. I made the first "Eron's Simple Jewelry" and automatically tried to make the 2nd one, as per the instructions. The item is lore, so I got the: you can't make more than one lore item, message. So i then tried to hand the first one I made to Eron, and he has no use for it, I still can't make the 2nd one after this failed hand in. Soooo, I then combined the one I made all by itself in the JC kit, it combined, but it didn't change it in any way that made Eron accept it, nor could I make the 2nd. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure what I'm missing is obvious.
              Kuzko (85 Barbarian Shaman): Master Artisan (49/49), Alchemist (7/7), Journeyman Researcher (4/7) and Fisherman (+5%).
              Baakdoor (81 Wood Elf Rogue): Master Poisoncrafter (7/7), Tailor (7/7), Smith (6/7), Researcher (6/7).
              Psicho (70 Gnome Enchanter): Master Tinker (7/7) and Researcher (7/7)
              Chiiki (65 Halfling Druid): Master Tailor (6/7), Smith (6/7).
              Brahbra (65 Dwarf Paladin): Master Smith (6/7).

Comment

I am having the same problem - I cannot create the second "Eron's Simple Jewelry", as the darn thing is lore. I suppose I could kill myself and corpse one to make the second, but then I couldn't get the two of them to hand in at once. Hmmm...
                Durok Warmhands
                Valorguard
                Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

Or maybe someone at SOE goofed and made both lore?

Grolyn Blacknife
                  Beastlord
                   T:7
                   M:0
                   T:6
                   M:1
                  Fletching:
                   M:2
                  Zira Blacknife
                  Shaman
                  Maelin Starpyre
                  Vazaelle
                  Reiseraa
                  Necro
                  Research:

Comment

I just destroyed the mold on accident Is there any way to get it back or do I have to start over? Those ores were a real pain I'd hate to have to do it again

Comment

edit: double post EQ forum said mine didn't go though but it did

Grolyn Blacknife
                      Beastlord
                       M:1
                      Fletching:
                       M:2
                      Zira Blacknife
                      Shaman
                      Maelin Starpyre
                      Vazaelle
                      Reiseraa
                      Necro
                      Research:

Comment

I made 1, turned it in, made the other and turned it in. Worked fine
                        Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

If you have changed its form from the melee focus one to the caster focus one, change it back to the original for the hand it in.

The Lore IS on purpose... we don't want you to have two of these. I made sure that the "hand in" step was open so you could hand it to him one at a time, and make one at a time. Being Jewelry making you can easily do it right in front of him.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                          Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200
                          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Do I need to change it to the caster version now, before I continue with further steps? Or can I change it down the line?

Also, what is the reasoning behind giving the recipe, mold & purified ore in their own little 4 slot jewelers bag? I already had a Planar jewelers bag on me to create the purified ore that I had to destroy in order to make room for this smaller bag. I suspect I wasn't alone in that...

Comment

All quest combines and hand-ins are done with the melee version.

The caster version is just for wearing. You can change it back and forth at any time (you can change it back and forth between caster and melee version as much as you like. This is done for Hybrids who might like it in different configurations depending on what they are doing)
                              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                              Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200
                              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                                I made sure that the "hand in" step was open so you could hand it to him one at a time, and make one at a time.
                                AH! That was my mistake, I tried to make two "Simple Jewelery" and could not (due to lore), and got stumped. I did not think to try handing in the one first, and *then* combining the second to hand in (will do tonight). Thank you for the assist on that tricky point Ngreth!

PS: Ngreth, you might want to get something explicit into the quest text about this, otherwise this question will probably rear up again and again. For example, "Eron requests that you show him the first Simple Jewelery which you create before you attempt to craft the second, as he wants to make sure that your handiwork measures up to his standards."
                                Erm. .. I really REALLY hope that text like that is not already in there and I just overlooked it, or I will have just outed myself as a bumbling clod.
                                Durok Warmhands
                                Valorguard
                                Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

Working...
                                X