The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xcoz View Post
    Well, still trying to finish here. I just can not get the energized brownie hair to combine. I know where the combine can be made, but I just cant get the metal folks out of all 4 rooms. I can of course get them trained out of the room I am trying to combine in, but there is "activity nearby". I increased the radius of mobs I could get trained out, but still to no avail. So I tried to get all the beasts out, but 45-60 mobs (all mobs from all 4 rooms) will simply not aggro 1 toon it seems.

There is really no way a group could remove all the metal mobs from all the rooms before repops, perhaps 3-4 groups could, but this isnt supposed to be a raid item.

Lost 10% real exp on the cleric and necro trying the train method. Hopefully the answer is simpler then I am making it.
    Training is not the answer. You must kill.

I did narrow it to "all NPC's in the "sub" room". A sub room is a box made of the walls of the room and an imaginary line across the lines that connect the rooms (those lines are even on the floor so you can see them) additionally no NPC can be within 50 units of you (you can be 50 units away going to the side of the generator away from the other rooms.)

So the key is to kill all NPC's around a generator.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunhere View Post

Is it possible to keep it class restricted and remove the must equip, just for the sake of convenience in use?
      unfortunately, I am fairly certain that setting requires equipping.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200

Comment

• Originally posted by Telorea View Post

2) Any raider in CoA+ (which is the majority of guilds that do any raiding) will probably already have Form of Defence 3 or better. If you want to have Form of Defence as a clicky then it needs to be at least Form of Defence 4, maybe 5.

while your other arguments have merrit.

Again

this is ***NOT*** to be compared to RAIDER equipment.

Sorry raiders, but that is the way it is.
        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
        Master Tailor 200

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Sir Ogre, I wasnt sure how .....refined the coding was.
          Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

• I think the real problem is the clicky is worse than old groupable content -- i.e. Trials of Mata Marum AND that it is not stackable. If this were a rare focus or not a clicky that could stack with other effects, I think it would be much more palatable --as it is, if you have any other mana regen clicky, this is just a waste. I really think that the stats are right and that the ability to shift to multiple slots is very helpful -- also Dodge V is a good effect for this type. The clicky, however, seems pretty useless.

An interesting possible compromise would be a lower level mana regen ability that stacks with other clickies. Not overpowering, but unique/interesting.
            Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
            Tailor (300)
            Brewer (300)
            Baker (300)
            Jewelcrafter (297)
            Potter (251)
            Smith (251)
            Fletcher (235)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post

Again

Understand reluctance to make the ring raid-level in terms of AC or effect. Would an aug option for it be totally out of the question, however? That would give non-raiders more options (let them decide if ring is better as ring or as an aug) and also give raiders an option. Not only is Jonas Dagmire’s Skeletal Hand as available as a reward for a non-raid quest, but now also this one, so there is precedent for pretty decent non-raid augs.

Model XLII Spatial Temporal Oculus
              MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
              Augmentation type: 7 8
              Slot: FACE
              AC: 25
              STR: +2 DEX: +10 STA: +3 WIS: -4 INT: +7 AGI: +5
              HP: +155 MANA: +155 ENDUR: +155
              Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +5 Regeneration: +3
              Required level of 75.
              WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
              Class: ALL
              Race: ALL

here is the link to the face aug
              http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=79790

Quest rundown:
              http://mobilis.wordpress.com/secret-...mporal-oculus/
              Garshok
              95th Dreadlord, Povar-Quellious, 300 Ogre Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
              (glad the climb to 300 is finally over)

Zopharr
              95th Priest of Brell, Povar-Quellious, 300 Dwarven Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
              (holds his 15% smithing trophy in his off hand and pretends to dual-wield - and hopes the Holy Dirt of Brell he's carried for twelve years will have a use in the new expansion)

Rishathra
              95th Shaman of Inny, Povar-Quellious, 300 Troll Grand Master Smith
              (got so tired of looking for a troll smith for armor that I made one)

Marzanna
              95th Necromancer, Povar-Quellious, 300 Tinker - Tailor
              (still working on Solder, Spy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post

Again

I just want to say, as a non-raider, I was pretty happy when I saw the hp/mana on the final product. Looking at some of the arguments above, especially those referencing other one-group-able loots, has made me wonder if some changes are possible.

But that aside, maxing all tradeskills (as this quest requires) took an uncountable amount of time and platnium for me. Years, in fact. (And I loved it! Don't get me wrong. ) But, to say we aren't due an item simply because it's raid level seems kinda petty. One could join a raiding guild for a month or two and perhaps get several decent items. I've been "hardcore" tradeskilling for years, and a single "raid level" item does not seem unfair or unbalanced.

I really really hope our tradeskilling effort doesn't get under-valued or under-rewarded due to comparisons with "raiding" items.

Also, I just wanna add that I state this opinion with as much humility and non-aggresiveness as I can muster. We all know how much Ngreth is fighting and watching out for us tradeskillers.
                Posatrocible Disasterocity
                Alchemy 300
                Smithing 300
                Brewing 300
                Tailoring 300
                JC 300
                Baking 300
                Pottery 300
                Fletching 300

Comment

• Originally posted by Posatrocible View Post
                  ... maxing all tradeskills (as this quest requires) ...
                  The quest can be completed at the Expert level (250) in all tradeskills.

Comment

• Here is the caster version (stats copied from Allakhazam):

Eron's Jewelry
                    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
                    Slot: EAR NECK WRIST FINGER WAIST
                    Charges: Unlimited
                    AC: 25
                    STR: +10 DEX: +15 STA: +20 CHA: +25 WIS: +25 INT: +25 AGI: +15 HP: +450 MANA: +470 ENDUR: +470
                    SV FIRE: +18 SV DISEASE: +18 SV COLD: +18 SV MAGIC: +18 SV POISON: +18
                    Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +10 Stun Resist: +1% DoT Shielding: +1% Mana Regeneration: +4
                    Required level of 80.
                    Effect: Aura of Taelosia (Must Equip, Casting Time: 5.0) at Level 80
                    Effect: Improved Dodge V (Worn, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 80
                    WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
                    Class: ALL except WAR MNK BRD ROG BER
                    Race: ALL
                    Slot 1, Type 7

The thing that strikes me as out of place is the click effect indeed, Maelin's Methodical Mind would make more sense.

I mean, with this clicky I would expect Improved Dodge III, not V.

Anyway, it's a free upgrade for me, and my guild kills 2-gods in Solteris. But it's not going to last long, the only interesting thing on it (for me) is dodge.
                    Niphreedil ~ Shadows of Doom ~ Antonius Bayle

Comment

• It's probably not Maelin's Methodical Mind, which anyone who wants can get off the Girdle of Efficiency, because the devs like to argue the MPG group trials are raid level. Never mind they were 1 grouped by non raiders during OoW. Never mind it was 10 levels and several years old expansion. My single group of folks all have the girdle and all have the mana clicky from the dodh mission and they are far from raid geared.

Making this Quest's rewards based on "casual groupers" is silly and alienates a large portion of the population.

ps. I loved the fletching quest part. That was very involved and fun. More EQ quests need to be like that.
                      21 million click club

Comment

• I've done every tradeskill quest in the game while they were current.

The loot from the best tradeskill quests was comparable with very good, but not top end loot, it was the 2nd best generally.

This item isn't worth me wasting my time on it.

It needs +25ac, +250HP/Mana/Endurance +10 all heroic stats, and much much much better clickies.

Comment

• I am more upset about the required level of this quest. My main is 69 on the way to level 70 and I cannot even start the quest. I was so dissappointed after spending an hour looking for the questgiver only to be rejected because of level. The Aid Grimel quest was able to be started and completed at level 46, even though the max level at that time was 65. Is there anyway to lower the level of this item or at least allow the quest to be started at 70 for the steps that are recommended level 70. My playstyle is tradeskilling and questing mainly and I will not be level 75 for a very long time. I pre-ordered this expansion mainly on rumors of this quest and have not been back to any of those zones since I found out I cannot get the quest til 75 :-(.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzz View Post
                            I am on the 4th task (Scrap Oil).

I made the setting and the mold Eron gave me was used up in the combine.

I then went to make the Jewelry item and failed (a 250 trivial and I am 336 with trophy). The setting was LOST in the failure.

Now -- there is no way to make another setting as the mold was used up.

There is no way to try the combine again because the setting was lost.

I tried to go to Eron and hand in another Bar to see if it would trigger him giving me another mold. No luck.

This has really frustrated me. The setting should have NEVER been lost in a failed combine... or at the very least, the Mold should have never been used up in that combine.

It appears the only option I have is to dump a nearly completed difficult task and start over.

This needs fixing (/hint Ngreth)

Hopefully they will approve my /petition, all though they have not responded in going on 2 days now).
                            OK except for the petition there is nothing I have to suggest for you on recovery other than deleting the quest and starting over (yeah, I know... sucks...)

I have made it so that you get the mold back when you succeed at making the setting. So I will not be returning the setting, but you will be able to make another.
                            Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenx View Post
                              I am more upset about the required level of this quest. My main is 69 on the way to level 70 and I cannot even start the quest. I was so dissappointed after spending an hour looking for the questgiver only to be rejected because of level. The Aid Grimel quest was able to be started and completed at level 46, even though the max level at that time was 65. Is there anyway to lower the level of this item or at least allow the quest to be started at 70 for the steps that are recommended level 70. My playstyle is tradeskilling and questing mainly and I will not be level 75 for a very long time. I pre-ordered this expansion mainly on rumors of this quest and have not been back to any of those zones since I found out I cannot get the quest til 75 :-(.
                              It would only matter for the first one.

The second one requires you to go to a zone that itself has a level restriction that is not changing.
                              Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200

Comment

• The final item has had 5 AC added to both melee and caster version and a slot 3 added. I do not know if it will make the patch, but it is going in (changes already made)

Also all steps with a clicky have been changed to work when not equipped (they are still class limited)
                                Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                                Master Tailor 200

Comment

Working...
                                X