Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Durok View Post
    [post info deleted by Durok]

Oops, it looks like my "clever guesswork" resulted in something which the developer did not intend.

Carry on, nothing to see here...
    Actually come to think of it. I am not sure how much I care.

My intent is that you don;t do it that way... but

The targets are all different... and since it is an upgrade chain... you need the result of each task to do other steps... Doing what you mentioned does not matter that much and just takes up lots of your limited quest book space.

I may still change it, but I no longer feel it is as vital to do so.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Poohjure View Post
      Thanks Ngreth,

I misunderstood you and was misinformed.

--Poohjure
      And I confirmed. The book with the fishing recipes is in game. It is the old fashioned book that just tells you what to do and not one that scribes it to your recipe book.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
        And I confirmed. The book with the fishing recipes is in game. It is the old fashioned book that just tells you what to do and not one that scribes it to your recipe book.
        Yar, I'd take an old fashioned book over a scribed book any day!

NM on 2nd part of this.

--Poohjure
        Last edited by Poohjure; 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM.

The book is Secrets of Fishing, and I think I bought if off the Overvolt? guy in Dragonscale hills, near the Fortress Mechanotus canon.

The recipes were simple enough, if needing a fair bit of legwork for parts (some were only available in PoK, others in zones like CR or Abysmal, plus other foraged/dropped parts).

Plus after I fished 12 fish, and then used some for hte recipes, I had to go back and fish up to 12 again, because he wanted the 12 for the task PLUS the food made from them.

Found that slightly annoying, however, the stuff is quite easily fished, and only takes a few minutes.

Comment

my only question about the recipes, was for the wayunder perch. where do you find the agaricus mushroom's? forage/kill/ground spawn what zone.... went looking around the mushrooms in dragonscale but didnt notice any ground spawns.

Comment

A quick question about the second task:

The Overvolt fellow says I need a few friends to enter the Mechamatic Guardian. How tough are the mobs? Does one need a full group?
              Posatrocible Disasterocity
              Alchemy 300
              Smithing 300
              Brewing 300
              Tailoring 300
              JC 300
              Baking 300
              Pottery 300
              Fletching 300

Comment

Mushroom is a forage in Hills of Shade.

Comment

Originally posted by Posatrocible View Post
                  The Overvolt fellow says I need a few friends to enter the Mechamatic Guardian. How tough are the mobs? Does one need a full group?
                  Yes, I would say so. You will need "the usual collection" of a group (of a decent tank / slower / healer / DPS). CC is only needed if you don't have a splitter, most pulls are 1s or 2s.

Note that the mobs needed for "soot" are in *after* the first "air column" elevator / teleporter. This means you won't see them for the first hour or so. If you avoid any side-nooks you will get there faster, but the group will want to clear the side nooks for sure, because there can be a mini-named at the end of them.

The crawl is good exp at least.
                  Durok Warmhands
                  Valorguard
                  Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

some text

after hand in

[Wed Nov 21 10:25:32 2007] Eron has taken what is in his judgment the best of the jewelry you have made, and given the other.
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:25:32 2007] You gain experience!!
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:25:32 2007] You have been given: Eron's Simple Jewelry
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:25:32 2007] Eron Nurwistle says 'This is a fine piece of work. You truly are skilled. For the next task you must be a highly skilled [potter].'

[Wed Nov 21 10:27:09 2007] You say, 'pottery'
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:27:09 2007] Eron Nurwistle says 'Yes. Though Meldrath is brilliant, sometimes odd things happen and unintended, um, events happen. In the guardian some of the soot from the machinery has taken on a life of its own. I believe it is an interaction with the faycite crystals and the magics that he often uses to help his creations have that extra spark. But that is beside the point. The next step in making the jewelry and in my revenge lies within the [guardian].'
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:27:23 2007] You say, 'guardian'
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:27:24 2007] Eron Nurwistle says 'I am sure you have seen it. It is the great lumbering beast that you see wandering about dragonscale hills. My next task for you is in there. You will need to talk to someone that calls himself Overvolt Rigster. He will know how you can get into the guardian, probably through the maintenance shaft in the foot. Do you want to [enter] the guardian? Since you will need to do some pottery in order to make the extra settings for the jewelry, you must be an expert potter for me to assign this task to you. Overvolt may also require you to bring some friends with you to allow entry into the guardian.'

[Wed Nov 21 10:27:30 2007] You say, 'enter'
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:27:30 2007] You have been assigned the task 'Clay Within the Beast'.

[Wed Nov 21 10:27:30 2007] Eron Nurwistle says 'Good good. Oh, you have a perplexed look on your face. Did I skip something again? Oh, what do you need pottery for? Simple, or really not so simple, but that is beside the point. When you destroy some of the soot being in the guardian, though they will always leave their soot behind, sometimes it will have just the correct consistency. This soot can then be made into spectacular clay that caries some of the animating forces of the well... soot. When you get the soot, you will make some clay, and then use this clay to make a special set of settings for the jewelry. Incidentally, when you are in the tower, you will need to gather two [crystals].'
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:27:54 2007] You say, 'crystals'
                    [Wed Nov 21 10:27:54 2007] Eron Nurwistle says 'Yes. It will actually be some of the faycite. This time I will make an exchange. While you are there find two blue gem grade faycite and give one to me. In return I will give you some clear faycite for use in the jewelry.'

Ninan Magicforce

Mastablasta und Njuhsposta der
                    Drachentänzer auf Kael Drakkal

Comment

Soot drop rate

Is the second task supposed to be a bottle neck? It is hard enough getting people to actually want to do the instance, but there are very few soots and they drop 0 to 1 each time. So if you have more than 1 person doing quest, you end up needing 28, 42 or more. Nobody wants to do the basic non-reward instance, and only one of the progression tasks has soots...the 3rd mission is bugged preventing you from completing the line and going back to get that task after you've done it. And then failing the combine makes it that much funner. Is it possible to increase the drop rate on soots?

Comment

Originally posted by dbrownie View Post
                        Is the second task supposed to be a bottle neck? It is hard enough getting people to actually want to do the instance, but there are very few soots and they drop 0 to 1 each time. So if you have more than 1 person doing quest, you end up needing 28, 42 or more. Nobody wants to do the basic non-reward instance, and only one of the progression tasks has soots...the 3rd mission is bugged preventing you from completing the line and going back to get that task after you've done it. And then failing the combine makes it that much funner. Is it possible to increase the drop rate on soots?
                        What is wrong with the third guardian mission? It worked last I tested it...
                        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200

Comment

You need to kill 5 sentinels and the named. There were only 4 sentinels in the entire zone and 1 warden (same model). They did not respawn after waiting for 2 hours. We were too tired to reget task and check if it was possible for more than 4 to spawn.

Comment

same problem here - pls fix

Hellfire Club ~ Home of the Time Lords! ~

Comment

Book is Fishing of Secrets sold on Automated Vending Unit II in DragonScale Hills.
                              I've not the faction to buy it, could someone post the recipes please ?
                              Last edited by euridice; 11-22-2007, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by euridice View Post
                                Book is Fishing of Secrets sold on Automated Vending Unit II in DragonScale Hills.
                                I've not the faction to buy it, could someone post the recipes please ?
                                Overvolt also sells it, no faction required.
                                Durok Warmhands
                                Valorguard
                                Dwarven Cleric of Brell

Comment

Working...
                                X