X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell me why I havn't checked him, tell me why
    thanks for the tip

Comment

Has anyone finished "Food for the Injured" that can post some feedback on the combines? I'm not having much luck with it.

Comment

Task #2

Task #2: Clay within the beast
        Step 1: Loot 14 Twitching Soot (zone: the Mechamatic Guardian)
        Step 2: Loot 2 Blue Gem Grade Faycite (zone: the Mechamatic Guardian)
        Step 3: Create 2 Soot Bound Ceramic Clay using tradeskills [recipe: 7 soot + 1 water in wheel - trivial 100]
        Step 4: Create 2 Eron's Unfired Ceramic Setting using tradeskills [recipe: 1 clay + 1 water in wheel - trivial 400]
        Step 5: Create 2 Eron's Ceramic Setting using tradeskills [recipe: 1 setting + 1 HQ sheet in kiln - trivial 50]
        Step 6: Deliver 1 Blue Gem Grade Faycite to Eron
        Step 7: Show the Settings to Eron. Allow him time to inspect them.
        Step 8: Speak with Eron after he has had time to inspect them
        Step 9: Create 1 Eron's Simple Second Setting Jewelry using trade skills (Bue Gem Grade Fyacite, Clear Gem Grade Faycite, Eron's Ceramic Setting, Eron's Simple Jewelry -- trivial 250)

Step 10: Show Eron your Progress on the Jewelry
        (ends there) (get 2nd item back)
        Last edited by Bonzz; 11-23-2007, 12:33 PM.
        Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

Task #3

Task Name: Food For the Injured

Step 1: Fish for 12 Farwander Gar [Loping Plains]
          Step 2: Fish for 12 Wayunder perch [Loping Plains]
          Step 3: Fish for 12 Dragonscale Bullhead [Dragonscale]
          Step 4: Fish for 12 Prawn [Dragonscale]
          Step 5: Fish for 12 Shaded Bonefish [Hills of Shade]
          Step 6: Fish for 12 Shadow Trout [Hills of Shade]
          Step 7: Loot 1 Twitching giant Frog leg [Lopin Plains]
          Step 8: Create 1 Farwander Far Meatballs using tradeskills
          Step 9: Create 1 Grilled Ranthockgrass Prawns using tradeskills
          Step 10: Create 1 Sweet Sauce Shaded Bonefish using tradeskils
          Step 11: Create 1 Baked Dragonscale Bullhead using tradeskills
          Step 12: Create 1 Shadow Trout Kabobs using tradeskills
          Step 13: Create 1 Wine Baked Wayunder Perch using tradeskills
          Step 14: Create 1 Eron's Herb Frog Legs using tradeskills
          Step 15: Go talk to eron. be sure you have all of the fish and baking with you and he
          Step 16: Create 1 Eron's Reconfigured Simple Jewelry using tradeskills
          Step 17: Show Eron your progress on the Jewelry

(ends there -- get 3rd item back)

(recipes posted elsewhere)
          Last edited by Bonzz; 11-23-2007, 12:35 PM.
          Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

Comment

Task #4

Task is called SCRAP OIL

1) Loot 10 Magnetized Scrap Metal (Fortress Mecanotus)
            2) Loot 2 Refined Steamwork Oil (Fortress Mecanotus)
            3) Loot 2 Green Gem Grade Faycite (Fortress Mecanotus)
            4) Loot 2 Red Gem Grade Faycite (Fortress Mecanotus)
            5) Create 2 Refined Magnetized Scap Metal using trade skills
            6) Give Eron one of the refined Scrap Metal to inspect
            7) Deliver 1 Refined Steamwork oil to Eron
            8) Deliver 1 Green Gem Grade Faycite to Eron
            9) Deliver 1 Red Gem Grade Faycite to Eron
            10) ????
            11) ????
            12) ??? (Suspect Create final item)
            13) ??? (Suspect -- give Eron final item you made)
            Last edited by Bonzz; 11-23-2007, 12:36 PM.
            Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

It appears that the last two stages of the quest (Brewing and Tailoring) require level 80 to get the task.
              Posatrocible Disasterocity
              Alchemy 300
              Smithing 300
              Brewing 300
              Tailoring 300
              JC 300
              Baking 300
              Pottery 300
              Fletching 300

Comment

Still looking for the Shadow Counting pages 2,3 and 5 for the fletching task. Any idea what area in HoS that these drop from?
                Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

Stikman - Most of the baking recipes have no precombines, or precombines that are listed in eqtraders.com. Pineapple soy sauce was the only exception. Don't forget to make some skewers for the kabobs.

If you're doing the fishing/baking stage, be sure to get a couple extra of each fish (at least four extra prawns), he wants twelve of each when you're ready for the turn-in.

I'm stuck on the smithing Scrap Oil quest, anyone know what drops Magnetized Scrap Metal or Refined Steamwork Oil? I think the adds from the Cog Marauder drop the unrefined oil, not sure if the refined oil is a rare drop from them or not.

Ah wait, just got some information. The refinery mentioned in the quest is inside the fort in Fortress Mechanotus, go up all the elevators then east side and down to the bottom. The oil is a rare drop off the steamworks there. The west side of the fort is the scrapyard where the Magnetized Scrap Metal drops. Eron's Tertiary Setting is made in the forge, 1 refined magnetized scrap metal + 1 refined steamwork oil + the mold Eron gives you after the turn-ins.
                  Last edited by Zolina; 11-25-2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Not Level 80

Originally posted by Posatrocible View Post
                    It appears that the last two stages of the quest (Brewing and Tailoring) require level 80 to get the task.
                    I was not Level 80 and had no issue with it. Youdo need a 250 skill....
                    Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

I'm 75 with 300 raw skill in all of them. He tells me that I need more experience as an adventurer to get the last 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcoz View Post
                        Still looking for the Shadow Counting pages 2,3 and 5 for the fletching task. Any idea what area in HoS that these drop from?
                        They all drop in the Crypt
                        I will say I completed this part and then time to get your thinking caps on the completed Shadow Counting Book if you read it and you post to follow the instructions. It lost me in the instructions, you have to be working on some locked boxes during a certain time of day only 2 hour time span I think, then have to work on them in certain order
                        If I remember I will try and copy down instructions the completed Book says but its long instructions

Comment

Baking section

I just finished all the turn ins to Eron and all that...Now I have the "Eron's Configuration Pattern" and I have 1 uncut combine star and the jewelry piece of course...Why can I not combine this? What is it combined in or is there something I have to do to the combine star first? I have been trying to combine all 3 in a jewelry kit. I tried crushing it in mortar and pestle and mixing bowl, tried several things.

Comment

Any tips on where and how to find those Agaricus Mushroom

Comment

Originally posted by melibar View Post
                              Any tips on where and how to find those Agaricus Mushroom
                              foraged in the hills of shade.

personally i am now currently on the lookout for those locked boxes. if anyone has any questions you can ;tell me.
                              Last edited by Jeezu; 11-25-2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Fletching part
                                Counting Shadows
                                -Loot 1 Shadow Counting Page 2 (Crypt of Hills of Shade)
                                -Loot 1 Shadow Counting Page 3 (Crypt of Hills of Shade)
                                -Loot 1 Shadow Counting Page 5 (Crypt of Hills of Shade)
                                -Repair the book with a book binding (Any where)
                                -Follow the directions in the book (Hills of Shade)
                                ???
                                ???
                                ???
                                ???
                                ???

Shadow Book Says,
                                To find the secret of the shadow spike you will need to open the sealed box. To open this box you will need to follow the directions within this book closely. It is advised that you read all of the directions before you proceed, ere you imperil your life.

To fine the correct box you will need to collect the three shadow boxes. These boxes will be hidden in a shell of wealth. These shells will need to be removed before they can be used. You may only remove these shells when you are near the altar by the pit surrounded by water in the shade. The boxes must be opened in three different manners. The magic of the boxes is such that a particular box does not need a particular opening but instead the order in which you open the boxes decides which method is used to open each box.

The first box may only be opened when the stars fill the skies. You must use the tools of a Fletcher to work the essence of the stars into the patterns of the box. The second box may be opened any time after the first box has been opened, and for it you must work the spirit of roots into the patterns of the box. For the final box you must have the rays of the sun strike the box you work nectar of peace into the patterns of the box.

Once all of the shadow boxes have lost their shroud and the light of day has arrived, you must place them on the altar. Though the steps you must take may seem simple, you have but one third of an hour to complete your task, if you do not then all will be lost and even your life may be forfeit. You must do this in the light of day 5am ti 7pm, or your life will be forfeit. It is not necessary that light of the sun actually touches the boxes, as long as it is when the sun is in the sky, fog and cloud only affect positioning, not the requirement that the sun be above the horizon.

Similar to the way that the specific boxes did not matter in the removing of the shrouds, you do not need to choose a specific box to go first, by placing the box, you will be designating it as the first. Place the first box in the center of the altar. Once it casts a shadow you will be ready to place the second box. The sun will be shining on one side of the box, the west side, east side or the top of the box. To be precise you can divide the day in thirds to decide when this time may be. Step to the side of the altar on the side of the box that is lit by the sun. If the sun is shining on top of the box stand to the east of the altar. Once you are in the proper position you may place the box. Once you have placed the second box, and it has cast its shadows, you may place the third box. Move to the other side of the altar and place the third box. If clouds, fog or other atmospheric effects keep the sun from shining on the box, you must reverse all directions and start on the side of the box that would be shadow if the sun was actually shining on it.

Now you must choose the correct box. Consider the boxes to be in a circle and when you count from one to two to three back to one then two. So if you start at one, and add five you are in fact at three. Starting at one add the hourly angle that the sun is from the start of a new day. If your reason for opening the box is for another, you must choose the box that casts one less shadow. If you are doing this for yourself you must choose the box with one more shadow. If you are doing this to benefit yourself and another, then you must choose the box as you have counted the hours. Choose wisely. If you make a poor choice death will come for you and all will be lost.

13 pages of text in that book
                                ----------------------------------------
                                I have one box I got from a name bird in the zone if I remember right, looking for other 2. once I have all 3 boxes, the instructions in the book kind of confuses me. if you can make a simpliar summary it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X