Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Tradeskill Guide 5.0 (rev.10/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I'm not alone here, but, I'm confused as all heck as to what's required now to get my smithing up to 300.

The guide above says:

October 2007 Patch new drops skillup alternative (legwork credit to Amaljia)
    Trivial - Ore type - Coal type
    20 - 30 - Tin Ore - Crude coal
    40 - 50 - Iron - Natural
    66 - 75 - Silvril - Sulfurous
    90 - 100 - Thalium -Brown
    124 - 135 - Iridium -Nitrous
    158 - 170 - Fulginate -Dull Black
    196 - 210 - Rubicite - Brown Nitrous
    234 - 250 - Indium - Dark Brown
    272 - 290 - Rhenium - Black Nitrous
    310 - 330 - Tungsten - Lustrous Black
    348 - 370 - Cobalt - Toluene

October 2007 New drops Cultural Alternative (legwork credit to Amaljia)
    Armor = Template + Loam
    Simple Armor = Thalium Template + Alkaline Loam
    Ornate = Fulginate + Malleable
    Intricate = Rhenium + Bonded
    Elaborate = Cobalt + Soluble
    Blessed Symbols = Thalium Ore + Alkaline (+ pattern, appropriate coal and the water of whichever deity)
    Revered Symbols = Fulginate Ore + Malleable (same as above)
    Sacred Symbols = Rhenium Ore + Bonded (same as above)
    Eminent Symbols = Cobalt Ore + Soluble (same as above)
    And I have no idea what that means I'm supposed to be making, as a wood elf druid with 283 smithing and wanting to get to 300. I was making Mistletoe Cutting Sickles (thousands of them it seems) in my spare time, but when we ended raids early tonight I saw that they were lowered to 250 trivial, and came here to see what was up. I don't suppose that there's a preferred path that anyone's found? The stuff listed above is for . . . cultural armor? Coal and ore?

Comment

Ore is a new "global" drop on golem and constructs as well as a chance to drop from humanoids.

There are several levels of ore, for your case, Tungsten Ore trivials in the 310-330 range and Cobalt Ore trivials in the 350-380 range. These Ores are combined with several vendor sold components (see a couple posts up for what all those are) to make templates. Some templates are then capable of being used to make the cultural armor. Symbols for the cultural armor also use these drops. The armor combines themselves as well as the symbols, use the template as well as a rarer dropped item (Loam). Check some of the other threads in this section and in the smithing section and you will find some more detailed writeups.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Slight tweak on Jewelcraft:

Originally posted by Shakespeer View Post
        Wolf's Eye Platinum Necklace trivials at 247, and Wolf's Eye Agate is slightly cheaper than Jade. So this section should be:

243 - 244 Platinum Amber Ring
        245 - 247 Wolf's Eye Platinum Necklace
        248 - 250 Jaded Platinum Ring

Comment

Just a small correction to JC

96 - 98 Electrum Rose Necklace

Should actually be Electrum Star Amulet
          It links to the correct item, just the name in the list is incorrect.

Thanks!
          Last edited by spe1491; 12-04-2007, 01:47 PM.
          Arriella - 86 Human Paladin - Tunare
          Blacksmithing 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
          Tailoring 300 - Mastery 3
          Pottery 300 - Mastery 3
          Baking 200, Brewing 200, Fishing 200, Fletching 200
          On Alts:
          Alchemy 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
          Jewelry Making 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
          Research 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
          Blacksmithing 300 (Barbarian), Blacksmithing 300 (Froglok), Blacksmithing 300 (Vah Shir)

Comment

JC skillups

Just a note on the JC skillup path...the Gem Studded Chain is trivial at 250 not 300. I am currently doing the Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet to get my skill up to 300.

My EQPlayers Page

Comment

Two additional alternatives in Tailoring:
              Muramite Needle is 202 (1 Muramite Residue + 4 Bone Chips = Muramite Needle)
              Additionally, Hynid Hair Thread is 268 (1 Muramite Needle + 4 Hynid Hair Strand)
              Good recipes for people who hunt in any of the flagged GoD zones.

Comment

While I -have- used these for a few combines, they are far far rarer than the current "template" path - I certainly wouldn't consider them part of a skill-up path.
                Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

Originally posted by Gaell Stormracer View Post
                  While I -have- used these for a few combines, they are far far rarer than the current "template" path - I certainly wouldn't consider them part of a skill-up path.
                  Agreed. I was only able to gather a few of these myself while skilling up in tailoring. On that note, most of the guide has been updated with most of the suggestions from posts. Let me know if I missed anything. I eventually plan to sit down and figure out which recipes to include from the new expansion.
                  Master Artisan + GM trophies for all
                  Alts: 300 Poison making, 297 Tinkering
                  Half Elf Bard of Xegony

Comment

better alternatives to level up jewelcraft

trilion cut bloodstone - 174
                    trilion cut topaz - 188

doesn't need any metals, just the gem, cheapest combines I have found so far

Comment

269 - 282 Rough Shadewood Compound Bow
                      For fletching, you may want to change this to Shaped Shadewood Compound Bow. Same ingredients + a planing tool, but vendors buy these bows back for almost 10p more.

Duvyen Deportee Torudor Nobuffsforjoo
                      Appotus Dominus

Comment

How about adding in the enchanted parchments and their paired clicky scrolls in for research. It is a far cheaper path than making the actual spells or the solutions, though it is quicker to make solutions if cash is not a problem. After 243, it is much more economical and faster to make the enchanted parchments and their scrolls than to make the spells.

Comment

Level Req.

Originally posted by Voragath View Post
                          How about adding in the enchanted parchments and their paired clicky scrolls in for research. It is a far cheaper path than making the actual spells or the solutions, though it is quicker to make solutions if cash is not a problem. After 243, it is much more economical and faster to make the enchanted parchments and their scrolls than to make the spells.
                          It'a a cheap way to increase Research, thing is, it's Level Required.
                          I mean, spells to summon are NO DROP, and you need to be 55+ to get to a decent level by doing them.
                          If you have the level, this sure will be the best way.
                          You have become better at Choosing Signatures! (298)

Comment

Jewelcraft

I like the higher level cut gems for skillups. They may be drop only, but alot of them, particularly those that are just slot 11 (and not uber like taafenite or prestidigitase) can be bought cheaply. My buyer can usually get Morganite and Rubelite for 30pp each, other uncut gems are similar I'm sure, but my buyer can't set up a buy line for them for some reason. In the bazaar I pick up Goshenite, Jacinth, Morganite, and Combine Star (uncut all) for under 50pp for a quick shot at a skillup. The uncut jacinth sells for profit in baz, though not quickly even priced at a loss, the rest can be vendored, though I do not know for how much offhand.

uncut goshenite = halfmoon cut goshenite (triv 252)
                            uncut jacinth = round cut jacinth (triv 287)
                            uncut morganite = round cut morganite (triv 270)
                            uncut combine star = trilion Combine Star (triv 276)

and then with AA and skill modifier can probably safely take prest, taaf, etc to over 300.

Goshenite just started dropping for me off lvl 53 mobs (extremely rarely).

It's easier for me to stomach these as a failure only costs 30-70pp as opposed to a failure with velium costing at least the 200+ pp for the bar plus potentially another 200pp loss if you're using diamond. It also doesn't seem to take as long to gather the uncut gems, as they are new and so people are saving them to see what they can get for em.

Comment

I just checked and was unable to get the vendor to buy the cut gems. So using that as a JC skillup is a guarunteed loss of whatever you pay for the gem (unless you can sell it to a player).

Comment

Originally posted by BernardoLG View Post
                                It'a a cheap way to increase Research, thing is, it's Level Required.
                                I mean, spells to summon are NO DROP, and you need to be 55+ to get to a decent level by doing them.
                                If you have the level, this sure will be the best way.
                                Yeah, that is true. If you aren't of appropriate level you'd have to buy the essences or have someone summon them for you; they aren't usually sold in bazaar. So, I agree: if you aren't of appropriate level, not a good path; but if you are appropriate level, an awesome path.

Comment

Working...
                                X