Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Tradeskill Guide 5.0 (rev.10/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masbik View Post
    Guess no one knows of any other tradeskills "freebies" other than JC in Cresent Reach?
    You can always just got to the different trade skill NPCs in CR and find the ones that have the quests, there are quests to 54 for all the tradeskills.

Gorse

Comment

Thanks. Much appreciated. I did some looking around in Cresent Reach and found the quests.

Comment

Very good info thanks for all of it.
        Forsetii McFatii
        70 Cleric - luclin

Comment

JC alternative

I find that jc is easy 2 raise with cut gems. I used: round cut malachite to 60, round cut cats eye agate to 75, round cut star rose quartz to 91, and trilion cut amber to 178. this all costs relativly little with only gems 2 buy and they only cost under 3pp.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimeraian View Post
            I find that jc is easy 2 raise with cut gems. I used: round cut malachite to 60, round cut cats eye agate to 75, round cut star rose quartz to 91, and trilion cut amber to 178. this all costs relativly little with only gems 2 buy and they only cost under 3pp.
            I was already at 200 when I began using the cut gems to skill up. I went ALL THE WAY to 300 using the Uncuts and the Nihilites. Super cheap, most of the time. I'd just stick them away on my Bazaar Trader until I had a full stack of something (sometimes a couple types of full stacks, if the buying was good) and then skill up for a while.

GREAT way to max out JC!
            Mikaal Drazzminius
            Tier'Dal Necromancer
            Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
            Necrotalk Admin
            EQ Traders Super Moderator
            EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Oct 2007

I recently started over on a different server. I havent played in a long time so this post helped me remember how to progress. A couple updates from someone using this from the beginning. In pottery, poison vials and lined poison vials would of saved me 100 pp or more instead of doing large bowls. They dont require any extra steps either. In brewing, you should mention that the fetid essence is used in smithing. I sold it to a busy merchant and wasnt able to buy it back. The new(are they still new?) global drops made tailoring a breeze up to 135. Only bought a few silks and hides from the bazaar, no real farming needed. The pricey component really goes up fast though. starting at 1pp at 70 skill up to 12pp at 150 skill. This makes banded much more economical. There isnt any other mostly store bought tailoring to compare to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimeraian View Post
                Trilion cut Bloodstone is trivial 174, and costs 5g per combine.

Comment

Typically you can get nihilite cheap (set up a buyer at 5-10pp each) and if you take the time to do the Gates of Discord, Abysmal Sea jewelry conversion quest, you can eventually "learn" your way up to where your yield is three parts for each conversion (from raw to normal, works for all nihilites).

Raw Crimson Nihilite --> Crimson Nihilite --> Marquise Cut Crimson Nihilite = 234
                  Raw Indigo Nihilite --> Indigo Nihilite --> Marquise Cut Indigo Nihilite = 259
                  Raw Amber Nihilite --> Amber Nihilite --> Marquise Cut Amber Nihilite = 284

I strongly recommend this for anyone wanting a cheap alternative to get from high 100s/low 200s up to 284 and are on a budget.

You can even take this route to 300 if you want to spend the plat on Raw Shimmering Nihilite, but it usually costs a lot more.

Raw Shimmering Nihilite --> Shimmering Nihilite --> Trilion Cut Shimmering Nihilite = 310

Gorse
                  Last edited by Gorse; 12-02-2008, 08:43 AM.

Comment

IN pottery would it be easier to make unfired elaborate blade shaped mold to 223? then unfired inured metal wrap shaped mold to 242....one more unfired large elegant large hilt casting mold to 255? Just suggestions hope it helps..
                    AWESOME write up tho! Thank You lots!
                    sigpic

Comment

I got a pottery skillup yesterday making a stalwart mold and thought "Boy, this would be much cheaper than steins". Once we get a complete trivial list it should definitely go in the guide.

Comment

For jewel crafting, if money isn't a big concern, using the guide with all storebought gems and metal bars was super quick for me. At first I spent some time with the cut gems like the nihilites but they don't sell back to a vendor for quick cash. Instead I stood in front of the PoK vendors in the building behind the main bank and went from 248 to 300 in maybe a couple of hours. I just sold the finished product back to the vendors at a slight loss but over all, it was the most painless of the tradeskills to max.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinea View Post
                          For jewel crafting, if money isn't a big concern, using the guide with all storebought gems and metal bars was super quick for me. At first I spent some time with the cut gems like the nihilites but they don't sell back to a vendor for quick cash. Instead I stood in front of the PoK vendors in the building behind the main bank and went from 248 to 300 in maybe a couple of hours. I just sold the finished product back to the vendors at a slight loss but over all, it was the most painless of the tradeskills to max.
                          Except for the fact that no vendor only items will take you up to or over 300 skill.

If you have the money to invest and take your chances on 200pp+ combines that's great, but that also means 200pp+ per failure, which at lot of people cannot afford. The nihilite suggestion was for people on a budget, as previously mentioned.

Gorse

Comment

The blue diamonds and velium bars were a little pricy for me. Took the wind out of my sails when I saw the cost. I see some people making money on tradeskill items but all I have seen is making a small fortune out of a large one

Comment

Originally posted by Gorse View Post
                              Except for the fact that no vendor only items will take you up to or over 300 skill.

If you have the money to invest and take your chances on 200pp+ combines that's great, but that also means 200pp+ per failure, which at lot of people cannot afford. The nihilite suggestion was for people on a budget, as previously mentioned.

Gorse
                              Bah, I forgot to mention, that I went to the magus, and soulstone vendors in the guild lobby, and bought up the blue diamonds that players sell to them. There were easily over 600 blue diamonds on those guild lobby vendors. The cost is high, but you get alot of it back once you sell the finished jewelry item back to the vendor. As I said, it is at a loss, but I didn't lose hundreds on the sellback. Maybe a 30pp loss per item. I don't have exact numbers Also, by following the guide, I kept my skill level very close to the item I was making, so I didn't have many failed combines to lose money on.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinea View Post
                                Bah, I forgot to mention, that I went to the magus, and soulstone vendors in the guild lobby, and bought up the blue diamonds that players sell to them. There were easily over 600 blue diamonds on those guild lobby vendors. The cost is high, but you get alot of it back once you sell the finished jewelry item back to the vendor. As I said, it is at a loss, but I didn't lose hundreds on the sellback. Maybe a 30pp loss per item. I don't have exact numbers Also, by following the guide, I kept my skill level very close to the item I was making, so I didn't have many failed combines to lose money on.
                                I recently did JCing and I followed the recipie and must say that selling the items back makes it pretty painless, even at high level having to purchase Blue Diamonds (262 from vendors that have purchased them from other players, and Velium bar another 262 so 524 purchase cost, sells for 409 to vendor a loss of 115 plat per combine, nothing like Pottery

Comment

Working...
                                X