No announcement yet.

Which class does research the easiest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which class does research the easiest?

Don't laugh, but I have one of every caster class and healer class I was wondering which caster's research would be the easiest to start with? I play on the test server, so options like vendor diving and bazaar haunting are not open to me; I have to hunt up every combine element myself. I wanted to start with the least painful class and work my way up, as I'm missing tons of spells and making them myself is the best way to get them. Thanks!

They are soon enough going to be the same... so it will be academic. I am getting rid of old research.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
      They are soon enough going to be the same... so it will be academic. I am getting rid of old research.
      And there was much rejoicing.

Danedori

Comment

That IS good news, thank you! I remember mage research as being soooo painful.

Comment

Please provide a time table. I have a toon stocked full with runes, words, and pages.

Comment

He gave us the recipes to double check a few months back, so the work is done. I am fairly sure this is going live with the expansion in November (and yes, this means RGC and DI will only be as rare as the papyrus to make them).

Comment

Originally posted by Frontallobe View Post
              Please provide a time table. I have a toon stocked full with runes, words, and pages.
              With the Expansion.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Bobaten View Post
                He gave us the recipes to double check a few months back, so the work is done. I am fairly sure this is going live with the expansion in November (and yes, this means RGC and DI will only be as rare as the papyrus to make them).
                He did? Can't believe I missed that.

So does this make TSS and possibly SoF the only expansions to get hides/papyrus/scrolls? Or will the loot tables in the old world expansions be updated with new hide/papyrus/scroll drops? Will old style research combines continue to function after the release of SoF?

Comment

I am getting rid of old research. ... With the Expansion.
                  Wow. Just wow. I read these forums daily, and until just now I wasn't aware this change was on the horizon. This one completely slipped by me! I've been in stockpile mode as of late on the researcher, and have been devoting time to the tinkerer instead. The researcher is far beyond the trivials of old school recipes, so it affects me little. Mourn the days of the simple combine! heh

By 'old research' are we talking strictly original recipes up to and including level 50 ??

Or will the changes affect LoY recipes to level 60 as well ?
                  Last edited by Tobynn; 08-20-2007, 09:31 AM.

Comment

How will this affect the LoY robes that use old research parts to make the swatches? Such as Rune of Tempest for the Robe of Tempest.

Thanks Messap

Comment

How will it affect the wizard 1.5 epic prequest?

Comment

I have an enchanter for research and, prior to the systematic spell research system with DoDH, I found that the cheapest skill up path was faded salil's writ pages. I think you can get to 182 on these. I will add that it did take quite a while to get to this point though.

These are probably the cheapest research components at 1-2g. And you get a chance of 2 skill-ups from each page. Once on the first combine with the page on it's own to make the actual page, and then again with the appropriate page to make the actual spell.

Comment

The spell list and recipes are Here.
                          And old means any recipe that that is not on the systematic research system(so yes LoY recipes will be converted).

Comment

I can understand the LoY spells being changed with the systematic research, but I was referring to the LoY robes for tailoring which require the old runes, words etc for the swatches.

Messap

Comment

Originally posted by Bobaten View Post
                              The spell list and recipes are Here.
                              And old means any recipe that that is not on the systematic research system(so yes LoY recipes will be converted).
                              Link does not display anything useful for me. 1st tab shows Splurt and times out after a minute or so.

Which brings up a question. Splurt is currently not researchable and is only available through quest in Kunark, will spells Unswerving Hammer of Faith, Wake of Tranquility, Egress, Boon of the Clear Mind, Clarity II, Recant Magic, Splurt, Abscond, Thunderbolt, and Tears of Solusek (and other classes) all be researchable now negating the old Kunark quest?

Comment

Working...
                              X