No announcement yet.

Trophy skill level = to trivial level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy skill level = to trivial level?

Anybody know what each level of the trophy is, in regards of base skill?

Like, I think the level 6 is 250 base skill, because I started working on alchemy using nodding blue lilies at 250+ from level 5, and it still evolves because PoK X distillates are at 348 triv

I've spent a few hours trying to search for posts, even, and simply cannot find a clear table of what level 1-6 corresponds to in stone writing..

Level: Skill: Mod:
    1 50 1%
    2 100 2%
    3 150 4%
    4 200 5%
    5 250 8%
    6 300 12%
    7 300+ 15%

Your trophy can get 1 level ahead of your current skill. So if you are a 250-299 skill, your trophy can reach level 6 before you reach 300 and will stop there until you catch up with it. So at 300 skill, your trophy can get 1 level above you and reach level 7 (current max). Also, if you reach a skill level before your trophy, it will gain exp at a much faster rate so that your trophy will catch up with you. The rates depend on where you are skillwise. If you are under 50 skill, you still get the level 1 (beginners) trophy.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Thanks, I know the %, but what I need is the actual triv level they stop at, like 6 = 299 max..

Let me explain
      Example
      1 - 100 max
      2 - 200 max
      3 - 300 max

Comment

Originally posted by Aldier View Post
        Level: Skill: Mod:
        1 50 1%
        2 100 2%
        3 150 4%
        4 200 5%
        5 250 8%
        6 300 12%
        7 300+ 15%
        Originally posted by Ithilion View Post
        Thanks, I know the %, but what I need is the actual triv level they stop at, like 6 = 299 max..

Let me explain
        Example
        1 - 100 max
        2 - 200 max
        3 - 300 max
        You have that.. look at the above post.. level 6 starts at 300. There is no high end to level 6.. you just skill it until it reaches level 7.

Alliance Artisan
        Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

I have a 3/7 baking trophy i cant skill up because i'm trying to make mtps, and it wont evolve, so, i'm trying to find the max range...

Comment

I have a 3/7 baking trophy i cant skill up because i'm trying to make mtps, and it wont evolve, so, i'm trying to find the max range...
            A trophy will NOT gain experience if the trivial of the combine is 100 above your unmodified skill. The only exception to this rule is for items whose trivial is greater than 400. (I believe that they are considered to be 350 for the purposes of gaining experience on your trophy.)

Example:
            MTP's trivial at 335. Your unmodified skill at baking must be 235 or greater for your trophy to gain experience. You can skill up with a skill lower than that, but your trophy will not start advancing until you reach a skill of 235.
            Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

Okay, so current skill for any trophy level +100 maximum, it gains experience?

In this case, I guess it's back to BoT to farm jord meat, since my baking is 185ish now

Comment

In this case, I guess it's back to BoT to farm jord meat, since my baking is 185ish now
                Well, you could go as you are now. If a trophy gets ahead of the player's skill it stops evolving, but if it gets behind it gains experience very fast. If your trophy is currently level 3 and you do MTP's until your skill reaches 235, then it will take around 150 to 200 successful combines to level it to 4.
                Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

Originally posted by gggrant View Post
                  A trophy will NOT gain experience if the trivial of the combine is 100 above your unmodified skill. The only exception to this rule is for items whose trivial is greater than 400. (I believe that they are considered to be 350 for the purposes of gaining experience on your trophy.)
                  Close. Any trivial over 350 is considered to be 350 by the trophy.
                  (Side note: If tradeskill caps are raised to 350/400 this might cause a problem for evolving the trophy once you hit 350 skill.)

Comment

As I understand,. if tradeskill cap goes up, the trophy is not going to change (ie no level 8) I'd like to know what title one gets when you reach 350 (or 400)? Can't be grandmaster as it implies final level and EQ is always expansing.

Grolyn Blacknife
                    Beastlord
                     T:7
                     M:0
                     T:6
                     M:1
                    Fletching:
                     M:2
                    Zira Blacknife
                    Shaman
                    Maelin Starpyre
                    Vazaelle
                    Reiseraa
                    Necro
                    Research:

Comment

Right, but if you get to 350 skill before the trophy evolved to level 7, it might stop gaining experience if >350 difficulty combines are considered 350 by the trophy (and therefore trivial).

Comment

I have not made those decisions since well... no cap increase is planned
                        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                        Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200
                        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

And I hope not any time soon. I still haven't reached the 2100 club yet and I'd be rather hard pressed to try for 2450 club or 2800 club as some tradeskill like JC and tailoring can get expensive.

Grolyn Blacknife
                          Beastlord
                           M:1
                          Fletching:
                           M:2
                          Zira Blacknife
                          Shaman
                          Maelin Starpyre
                          Vazaelle
                          Reiseraa
                          Necro
                          Research:

Comment

To clarify a possible misunderstanding... Your trophy level doesn't put restrictions on the trivial of the combine that will level the trophy up. The restriction is based on what your current unmodified skill level is.

Let's say for example your skill in baking is 100. You go and get your trophy (level II which is the +2% one). Then you collect a whole bunch of supplies for making MTP and start working your way to 300 (I am not recommending anyone do this, but only using an example like this for discussion purposes). MTPs trivial at 335. Your trophy will only level up if the trivial of the combine is within 100 points of your skill (not the trophies level). So your trophy will not begin to evolve until your unmodified skill is 235 (or 236 depending on if the range is inclusive or exclusive - but I'll ignore that distinction for the purposes of this discussion). So you'd need to get 135 skill ups before you start to see the trophy evolve. Eventually you'd be at skill level 235 but would still have the same level II trophy. At that point, your trophy will start to evolve. It is my understanding that if you ever outpace your trophy, the trophy's pace will accelerate so it wouldn't take long for your trophy to catch up with your level.

BTW, if your skill is 185, save those jord meats for a bit and make patty melts till you're at 191 (all vendor sold parts).
                            -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                            try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Originally posted by mewkus View Post
                              To clarify a possible misunderstanding... Your trophy level doesn't put restrictions on the trivial of the combine that will level the trophy up. The restriction is based on what your current unmodified skill level is.

Let's say for example your skill in baking is 100. You go and get your trophy (level II which is the +2% one). Then you collect a whole bunch of supplies for making MTP and start working your way to 300 (I am not recommending anyone do this, but only using an example like this for discussion purposes). MTPs trivial at 335. Your trophy will only level up if the trivial of the combine is within 100 points of your skill (not the trophies level). So your trophy will not begin to evolve until your unmodified skill is 235 (or 236 depending on if the range is inclusive or exclusive - but I'll ignore that distinction for the purposes of this discussion). So you'd need to get 135 skill ups before you start to see the trophy evolve. Eventually you'd be at skill level 235 but would still have the same level II trophy. At that point, your trophy will start to evolve. It is my understanding that if you ever outpace your trophy, the trophy's pace will accelerate so it wouldn't take long for your trophy to catch up with your level.

{snip}
                              Correct
                              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                              Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200
                              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
                              X