The Lazy-Man's guide to Tailoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lazy-Man's guide to Tailoring

I'm not sure where to post guides, so i'll put this here for now. maybe a kind moderator will come and move it for me ?

The Lazy-Man's guide to Tailoring! ...and two other tradeskills you'll need along the way.

PREFACE:

1) I play a bard, and it tends to make me a bit frenetic and crazed. I like doing things fast,
    and so I have developed my own way of raising tailoring. This involves minimal farming and maximum PoK-based recipes.

2) Be prepared to spend some money. 400p is reasonable.

3) A high Int is a great help. Get some mind buffs to raise your Int, or if you have a bard handy,
    have him sing Cassindra's Elegy, amplified. My int is a healthy 258 and I'm sure this contributes,
    but be patient, you'll get those skill ups eventually.

4) Let's get the initial farming over with, shall we ? Go to east karana and lay waste to anything that moves
    on the big hill. Target spiders and all manner of lions. You'll need a good six stacks of spider silk, and say,
    8 ruined, medium and high quality cat pelts (not stacks, just individual ones). Once you have this, go back to PoK.

First, Brewing. ...Snake scales ? Bog juice ? No way I'm running around killing snakes!
    Let's do this the LAZY way: go to the brew suppliers on the east side of PoK and buy 3 stacks of Bottle of Milk,
    3 stacks of Bottle, and 3 stacks of Malt. Now run to the brew barrel and make Malted Milk until trivial (26). It
    should go very quickly. Next find Cazen Zharik (near the small bank) and buy 4 stacks of Soda, and then run to
    Amile Pitt (right around the corner, the general vendor) and buy 4 stacks of Water Flask. Run to the brew barrel and
    make Soda Water for a trivial or 58. GREAT, now you can make Heady Kiolas for use in Tailoring. You'll need a water flask,
    a bottle, and two packets of kiola sap. You can buy these from Judicla Riverfield and, right behind her, Gern Tassel,
    in East Freeport - they're in the bar on the right immediately as you enter the east Freeport gate. There's a brewing
    thing right there too. Now with 54 skill, I failed frequently, however the cost to produce heady kiola is so slim that it
    hardly matters.

Second, smithing. Now sharpening weapons may seem like a good idea until you realize that you'd have to find rusty weapons
    to begin with. I'm far too lazy a bard to do that. Run to the western smith shops with the iksars and buy 2 or 3 stacks
    of Piece of Ore and then run to Amile Pitt and buy 8 stacks of Water Flask. Now run to the nearest forge and make Metal Bits.
    They trivial at 18. Now, find those iksar smiths again and purchase a file mold. Attempt to make a file. When you are
    successful, keep your file and run back to the iksar smiths and buy maybe 3 or 4 or 5 stacks of Small Brick of Ore. Buy another
    6 stacks of Water Flask. Using the forge, make Steel Boning until you reach the trivial, and then make more. You'll want a lot
    of them, maybe 3 stacks worth. Now its time to learn tailoring, yay!

Third, tailoring. With your tailoring kit, make Silk Swatches until you use all of your spider silks up. Next, run to the tailor merchants
    in the west tradeskill house and buy a stack of mask patterns. Using the ruined cat pelts, craft Tattered Masks until trivial of 26
    (although 22 would suffice). Once you've achieved this, run to the Shaman merchants, and buy from Severg O'Danos a good 6 to 10
    stacks of Mandrake Root. You'll need 'em. Craft Woven Mandrake until trivial (66). Once that's accomplished (and it won't take you long)
    craft Picnic Baskets until trivial (76). That's where your steel boning comes in. Now, with all your leftover silk swatches, we can make
    Cured Silk Masks (trivial 82). Attempt the Cured Silk Mask with the heady kiolas you made earlier. Once you've reached trivial, its
    farming time again. Make Reinforced Masks (trivial 108) using the leftover steel boning, and high quality cat pelts. HQ cat pelts drop
    commonly from the lions on the big hill in EK, and while you're at it, kill some more spiders for good measure.

This is as far as I have gotten so far. Good Luck.

LIST FORM:

farm 6 stacks spider silk
    farm 8 ruined pelts, 8 medium quality pelts, and 8 high quality pelts.

Brewing:
    make Malted Milk until 26.
    make Soda Water until 58.
    make Heady Kiola (in east freeport). make a stack.

Smithing:
    make Metal Bits until 18.
    make one File.
    make Steel Boning until 37. make several stacks.

Tailoring (finally):
    make silk swatches until you have no more spider silks.
    make Tattered Masks until 26.
    make Woven Mandrake to 66.
    make Picnic Baskets to 76.
    make Cured Silk Masks to 82.
    make Reinforced Masks to 108. at this point, you'll have to farm, unfortunately.
    take your sewing kit, a ton of steel boning and a ton of mask patterns and craft
    the reinforced masks as you find high quality cat pelts in East Karana.

i'll be updating this as i gain more tailoring skill. so long.

Brewing to 122 and never leave POK and spend under 50p. Fetid essence... Water flask + fishing grubs you buy from Caden near the pitt bank.

Alliance Artisan
    Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Good one on the brewing, although I would definately do the freebie 54 point quests in CR or abysmal sea on all skills. No cost and will give you enough points to get your trophy too!

Rolfus.

Comment

What are the malted milks for?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaltak View Post
          What are the malted milks for?
          Drinking?

For making egg nog and egg nog XXX but nothing else. You need aviak eggs and those are rather uncommon.

Grolyn Blacknife
          Beastlord
           T:7
           M:0
           T:6
           M:1
          Fletching:
           T:7