Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Researchers! Tell us about Rune of Fulguration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Researchers! Tell us about Rune of Fulguration!

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...=8921&menustr=

I've tried the combine in a sorcer's lexicon and the spell research kit just in case, the runes are correct as per recipe (and I even checked the ID for the rune as per the eqtraders database as I know the Rune of Fulguration is a..)

After some research I realized that the Rune of Fulguration that the recipe points to is the wrong one. (I did the lightning storm combine and it worked meaning that it is switched)

I bought the Rune of Fulguration ID: 11759 and it worked to create Energy Storm.
    I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Ah! I didn't know that there were two Runes of Fulguration in the game.
    We may have other recipes with this same issue.

I've added both into our database now and placed a note on them indicating that we need additional information on how to tell them apart. (As far as I can tell, they have the same stats.) Does anyone know what the difference is between them? Is one bought and one dropped, for example??

Any information would be appreciated so I can update the notes on the items and perhaps try to straighten out any other recipes that use these.

Thanks,
    Data Trout
    Ashwith Fairfever
    Elder of Luclin & Quellious

Comment

Known duplicate spell components. Unfortunately, I don't know which is used in which recipe(s). I also don't know where particular ones are obtained, and Allakhazam's drop lists are probably sketchy on this front. Hopefully someone else can fill in those gaps (or maybe a dev will notice this and just merge the duplicate versions).

Rune of Attraction (ID 11177)
      Rune of Attraction (ID 11748)

Rune of Frost (ID 11880)
      Rune of Frost (ID 11780)

Rune of Fulguration (ID 11741)
      Rune of Fulguration (ID 11759)

Rune of Karana (ID 11753)
      Rune of Karana (ID 16058)

Rune of Proximity (ID 11742)
      Rune of Proximity (ID 16050)

Rune of the Astral (ID 11781)
      Rune of the Astral (ID 11881)

Words of Dominion (ID 11828)
      Words of Dominion (ID 11788)
      Muse Doremi Fasolatido, 99.4% retired
      Magelo || AllaKhazam

Comment

Originally posted by Doremi View Post
        Known duplicate spell components. Unfortunately, I don't know which is used in which recipe(s). I also don't know where particular ones are obtained, and Allakhazam's drop lists are probably sketchy on this front. Hopefully someone else can fill in those gaps (or maybe a dev will notice this and just merge the duplicate versions).

Rune of Attraction (ID 11177)
        Rune of Attraction (ID 11748)

Rune of Frost (ID 11880)
        Rune of Frost (ID 11780)

Rune of Fulguration (ID 11741)
        Rune of Fulguration (ID 11759)

Rune of Karana (ID 11753)
        Rune of Karana (ID 16058)

Rune of Proximity (ID 11742)
        Rune of Proximity (ID 16050)

Rune of the Astral (ID 11781)
        Rune of the Astral (ID 11881)

Words of Dominion (ID 11828)
        Words of Dominion (ID 11788)
        To complicate matters, there are also duplicate versions of many spell scrolls, and no, I don't know which is which on that score either.
        Magelo || AllaKhazam

Comment

It has been a while since I saw this discussed in the forums, but I think the way to tell the vendor sale-able ones apart, is by price. Going on very fuzzy memories.
          Zuklaak - 62 Shadow Knight

Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an axe

Comment

On the runes of frost & astral, the two can be differenciated because 1 of each is no trade and result from the final turn in with the Tarton's Wheel quest http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=258
            These runes are used to research the Ice Comet spell for wizards. When made with the quested runes, the resulting spell is also no trade. The tradable version of frost & astral are normal mob drops.

I remember the issue with attraction & fulguration from years ago. I never ID'd them, but there was no visible difference in the game between them.
            Master Artisan Hidron
            Veritable Quandary
            Drinal

Comment

Combines verified

It was a team effort.

The magician Rooney, collects runes and had the requisite runes to test these combines. Attraction and Fulgaration are the only runes he has found that do not stack together. He has no idea where the drops come from, since his collection comes from vendors everywhere. Rooney notes that he has never seen the rarer runes (Astral Celerity, Coruscating, Coruscation, Fortune, Judgement, Souls, Torment, Xor, Yirno, and Zota) and cannot comment on any issues regarding them.

Pages, an enchanter, collects words. She has not found had any words that fail to stack nor has she had reports of failures in combines. Words of Darkness, Mastery, Resolution and Wealth are complete mysteries to her.

Another enchanter, Tralez, has the complete works of Yaeth, Finnok, Kerris, Toharon, and Zeannor. He has had no stacking or combining complaints. Unfortunately he doesn't collect the works of lesser researchers (Salil, Velishoul, Nilitim and Tasarin), so he cannot vouch for those grimories.

Misspell, the 336-skill necro researcher, has not seen any issues with the stacking or combining of Hides, Spell Scrolls, Papyri, Parchments, or Vellums.

The tinker-wizard Gollee Geewiz, verified the following combines. Both Attraction runes made both spells, with the designated entries in his Sorceror's Lexicon. The Fulgaration runes are virtually identical, except that they will not stack with each other and each only makes the one combine (DNC for the other spell).

----------------------------
            Rune of Attraction
            ID 11748
            Identifies as: Rune of Attraction
            Buys 1.238pp
            Sells 5.459pp
            Spell: Levitate
            Spell: Gravity Flux
            Rune of Attraction
            ID 11777
            Buys 1.524pp
            Sells 2.359pp
            Spell: Levitate (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
            Spell: Gravity Flux (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
            Rune of Fulguration
            ID 11741
            Identifies as: Rune of Fulgaration
            Buys 0.857pp
            Sells 3.779pp
            Spell: Project Lightning
            Rune of Fulguration
            ID 11759
            Buys 0.857pp
            Sells 3.779pp
            Spell: Energy Storm
            Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Bah, look it over 3 times and still miss something.
              Vendors sell Rune of Attraction, ID 11777, for 3.359pp.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadrok View Post
                It was a team effort.

The magician Rooney, collects runes and had the requisite runes to test these combines. Attraction and Fulgaration are the only runes he has found that do not stack together. He has no idea where the drops come from, since his collection comes from vendors everywhere. Rooney notes that he has never seen the rarer runes (Astral Celerity, Coruscating, Coruscation, Fortune, Judgement, Souls, Torment, Xor, Yirno, and Zota) and cannot comment on any issues regarding them.

Pages, an enchanter, collects words. She has not found had any words that fail to stack nor has she had reports of failures in combines. Words of Darkness, Mastery, Resolution and Wealth are complete mysteries to her.

Another enchanter, Tralez, has the complete works of Yaeth, Finnok, Kerris, Toharon, and Zeannor. He has had no stacking or combining complaints. Unfortunately he doesn't collect the works of lesser researchers (Salil, Velishoul, Nilitim and Tasarin), so he cannot vouch for those grimories.

Misspell, the 336-skill necro researcher, has not seen any issues with the stacking or combining of Hides, Spell Scrolls, Papyri, Parchments, or Vellums.

The tinker-wizard Gollee Geewiz, verified the following combines. Both Attraction runes made both spells, with the designated entries in his Sorceror's Lexicon. The Fulgaration runes are virtually identical, except that they will not stack with each other and each only makes the one combine (DNC for the other spell).

Rune of Attraction
                ID 11748
                Buys 1.238pp
                Sells 5.459pp
                Spell: Levitate
                Spell: Gravity Flux
                Rune of Attraction
                ID 11777
                Buys 1.524pp
                Sells 2.359pp
                Spell: Levitate (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
                Spell: Gravity Flux (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
                Rune of Fulguration
                ID 11741
                Buys 0.857pp
                Sells 3.779pp
                Spell: Project Lightning
                Rune of Fulguration
                ID 11759
                Buys 0.857pp
                Sells 3.779pp
                Spell: Energy Storm
                It'd be useful to know the IDs of the spells produced as well, to be able to differentiate them (e.g., the two versions of Spell: Project Lightning).
                Magelo || AllaKhazam

Comment

Spell IDs

I checked the combines once again. To clarify:

Either "Rune of Attraction" (EQID: 11748 or 11777) can be used to make the spells:
                  Spell: Gravity Flux, EQID: 16336
                  Spell: Levitate, EQID: 16322

The resulting spells differ not at all, they stack. However, your Lexicon or Sorcerer's Lexicon will identify formulas using Rune of Attraction, EQID: 11777, as using "Rune of Attraction - Seb".

Rune of Fulguration, EQID: 11741 only makes:
                  Spell: Project Lightning, EQID: 16318

Rune of Fulguration, EQID: 11759 only makes:
                  Spell: Energy Storm, EQID: 15468

Comment

How do you see the ID number of the rune you have?

Comment

Just as a note Mewgirl, the spell recipes for Project Lightning and Energy Storm now follow the new spell research system (I believe this is also on the progression server - spell research was supposed to follow the new system and not the old....right? It's Jewelcraft and alchemy that follow the old systems/recipes). I'm not sure if there's any way to check this - maybe Magelo?
                      Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
                      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

/outputfile [ guild | raid | spellbook | inventory | guildbank ] [ optional filename ]
                        to output a list of the relevant section to a text file in your EverQuest folder.

Example:
                        /outputfile inventory ShadrokStuff

Information in the text file include the item ID. The command takes a little time ( a few minutes), so don't expect a file to appear immediately.

Comment

Thanks shadrok! I didn't realize the output file had the item IDs.
                          Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
                          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Does using the 'Inventory' option include items in your regualr bank?
                            Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
                            Smithing 300 7/7
                            Tailoring 300 7/7
                            Fletching 300 7/7
                            Pottery 300 6/7
                            Baking 300 7/7
                            Brewing 300 6/7
                            Jewelry 300 6/7
                            Dagnora Drakkin
                            Poison Making 300 7/7

Comment

• Working...