Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewing Skillup Path

/rant on.

So, I'm at 281 brewing. Which means, I have my choice of the super expensive champagne, or the time consuming Kaladim Constitutionals.

Since I have a lot of late late night play time, and next to no plat, I opted for the Kaladims. Now, having a ground spawn used in it is nice, and really, having the same number of EACH of the ground spawns is nice (300 extra Underfoot Mushrooms ring any bells?)

BUT, wouldn't it be MUCH nicer, if there were say... *10* of each, rather than 9? Trying to get a decent amount gathered up for a skill up run, AND trying to get them to stop in an even stack, turns into an INSANE amount gathered up, rather quickly.

Is there any way this could be looked into sometime in the future? It won't be soon enough to help me out, I'm sure, since I'm looking at having almost 600 of each in the bank by the time I finish this up, but it would certainly be nice to see it for future GM brewers!

/rant off.

Clearbrooke
    Druidess of Underguild
    Quellious Server

We cried for 7 years to get the ground spawn evened out (originally 10 of one type, and 7 of other type plus 1 bugged out of reach), you may be waiting another 7 years to get 2 more mushrooms added for an even 10 per round.

Grolyn Blacknife
    Beastlord
     T:7
     M:0
     T:6
     M:1
    Fletching:
     M:2
    Zira Blacknife
    Shaman
    Maelin Starpyre
    Vazaelle
    Reiseraa
    Necro
    Research:

Comment

never quite satisfied..........
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I will say this though...

If you take the time to farm the mushrooms, you are guaranteed to get the drop...unlike say othmir furs where you aren't. In addition, they are easy to get to, and the other components are cheap and store bought. If you don't want to spend a lot of time, do what I did. Every night before you log, head to Kaladim and pluck some up, then wait a few minutes to pluck up some more. When you log on the next time, do the same thing. Then wait til you stockpile a bunch before you start the combines.

In addition, I don't care that I get the extra (click, destroy, yes) because it doesn't hurt anything.

I just count the ease of getting these together and minimal stacking/subcombine issues as why brewing is the easiest TS to max.

Call this an issue, but it has to be wayyyy low priority compared to some of the other TS issues. (says the enchanter as he heads out to farm some coarse silks for his new boots)
        2100 Tradeskiller
        300 Researcher
        Maxed good looks

Comment

Clearbrooke,

I advise you to take a look at some of the skill up paths to 300 for other tradeskills. Some of them are brutally hard to non-existant, or ridiculously expensive.

Now take a look at the Kaladim Constitutionals, and shut up about uneven stacks. It's a minor annoyance at the most. You're still getting a freebie ride to 300, and the spawn rate is not that bad I think. Trust me, when you start getting smithing / tailoring / fletching to the 250+ mark, you'll wish fondly for the days of Kaladim Constitutionals.
          Qqnaua the Mithril Chef
          Cleric of Noble Blade

Comment

My fletching is already at 300. So is my baking. The rest are creeping up there. All but smithing and tailoring are over 250. Yes, I know about the other skills and getting to 300. I've already planned the route I'll be using.

As I seem to recall this being the "Primal Scream Room", I was merely venting my frustration at ending up with 560 combines worth of mushrooms, in order to have a "decent" amount (at least a bag) and then gathering until I had an even stack. Hopefully, I will be able to pass what's left on to a guildie who is also brewing, and save them some time gathering as well.

Clearbrooke

Comment

and I was just miniscreaming back not saying "don't scream" (at least I was not!)
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

That one wasn't directed at you, Ngreth. =P I saw yer smiley face! I know it's pretty low on the "things to be checked into" as it should be. It's just something that would be nice, eventually.

I remember the oddball numbers of stuff, heck, I remember doing Mino Hero Brew in Halas, because casks didn't stack, and that was the place with the merchants and the brew barrel close together. *grins* Am I showing my age yet?

Those things (especially the casks!) were important things to change. This one isn't. And honestly, I don't think it should be. But when you've been sitting there for 3 hours gathering the stuff, it gets to you after a while.

On a side note, I hit 300 brewing right before the servers came down, and dumped about 160 of each into the guild bank for the next person that wants to raise it. 3 tradeskills down, 4 more to go!

Clearbrooke
                Quellious

Comment

Clearbrooke--
                  I wasn't meaning to give you a STFU either....I was hoping to give you a little perspective so you could look at the brigh side of it. If it came off as something other than that I apologize.

If you are like me, I would rather pay the plat and do the non-farmable stuff like champagne than to spend hours farming anything, though like I said, mushrooms were pretty easy as farming goes. Sad thing is I hate the little cousins-of-athlete's-foot in RL and yet the constitutionals are my drink of choice in game.
                  2100 Tradeskiller
                  300 Researcher
                  Maxed good looks

Comment

Yeah, I ended up with 1460 of em stuffed on a mule to feed to all my chars lol. If I had the plat, I would have gone the more expensive route, but I'm broke. Discovered something nice with jeweling today. Since I have been stockpiling my high end gems for a few months, all I had to buy was the platinum bars.. and I made a hefty amount of plat on the sellback to vendors, doing it that way. Enough to supply me some cash to work on pottery some more!

Clearbrooke

Comment

Working...
                    X