Returning to tradeskills, seeking advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to tradeskills, seeking advice

I haven't done tradeskills in about two years or so and I'm working on getting back into it.

My tradeskill toon is a wizard with spell reasearch at 200, which was the cap at some point if I remember correctly.

Is there any real path from 200 to 300, or just whatever runes one comes across?

I understand that as a wiz I can also reasearch items for other int casters, any advice with respect to that?

Thanks in advance!

Gordo
    What is the answer to life, the universe and everything? 42

Read the FAQ, and browse the other posts in the forum - lots of useful info there.

Post-200 research pretty much doesn't use runes. Depths of Darkhollow introduced a new research system involving solutions and parchments. As of TSS you can make almost any spell up to L70 (for any class) using research - check the recipes section.

Research post-243 is very time consuming and expensive, be prepared for a long haul.
    Carlo Curiosus, Erudite Wizard, EM (MT)

Comment

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=25961

Scroll down to the spell research part.

Once in to the 217-243 area I would actually recommend making a mix of the solutions, as you're going to need them at some point post 243. With the new Vellums there are alot of possibilites towards the end run, and it doesn't make much sense to be stuck with a few hundred Runic Parchment solutions when there are other spell combines that you can use to skill up on. As was mentioned it will be very expensive if you want to powerlevel your skill, if you're more patient you might be able to farm/find the parchments, and find the spells that are selling. Spell Research is my new favorite tradeskill (although I still wish Quills and Inks could be combine en mass, and stack higher than 20) I appreciate the way Ngreth set up the system, the inks, thickener, etc... I like how much sense it makes, when I was figuring out spells when TSS came out it really turned in to a fun puzzle for me to try to figure out. Anyway, welcome back to the fold, and good luck with your TS quest.

Q
      Queletan Heartforge - House of Sloth
      Exemplar of the Drunken Bearded Ones

...That which we are, we are,--
      One equal temper of heroic hearts,
      Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will,
      To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yeild.

Comment

IF, and that can be a big if, you have a toon in the post level 70 range that is reasonably equiped and/or has a couple handfuls of AA, you can farm drake wing webbing in sunderock springs...

Making researcher ceramic clay will get you to 262. But be prepared to have stacks and stacks of the stuff. Tedious, but aside from the webbing it's all vendor bought.

After 262, I'm pretty certain you are looking at a ton of spell combines. So, making the solutions up to 242 is no waste of time to be sure. Just pray you have a bank big enough for them until you need 'em. (Thank God they aren't no trade! Making a mule a viable option as well.)
        Mouse breaking crew --

Comment

Working...
        X