Artisan Charm Stats Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artisan Charm Stats Calculator

I made a calculator that helps you figure out the stats of your Artisan Charm, based on your level and skill. The formula is as close as I can get without looking at the game code -- which means it could be off by a point or two here or there. If you spot any discrepancies, please post here or email me using the link on the page.

Edit:
    I've moved the calculator to the EQTC site. The new link is:
    http://www.eqtraders.com/calculators...r=130100000000

Or, from the main site, click Calculator in the left hand menu, then Charm Stats.
    Last edited by KyrosKrane; 04-15-2007, 03:49 PM.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Excellent job..thanks!!!

Comment

What should I do if I am getting different results than what your calculator shows?

I did a run of combines in the guild hall and my charm did not seem to increase in power when I got skillups. I tried zoning and have done more combinations since then. It seems like my charm just did not register a series of skillups and is showing lower stats than what I should be having.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I should state, first and foremost, that the calculations are just my best guess. I don't have a magical pipeline to Sony's offices. =) I just read the boards a lot, and put together some info Ngreth posted in a couple of different places. There's also a few assumptions in there about how and when rounding is done that will cause the occasional difference between estimated and in-game results.

The best way to help me make it more accurate is to post character's level, each of your skill levels (remember, don't include a mod like a geerlok or trophy), and the stats you see on your trophy. Just listing AC=X, stats=Y, saves=Z, HP=W is fine (obviously substituting the actual values for X, Y, Z, and W). I'll see if I can use those to refine the estimate.
        Last edited by KyrosKrane; 11-23-2006, 01:06 AM.
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

I am curious as to how you calculated your stats.

I thought it was a linear progression as you increased in skill.

At 75, Baking = 300, Brewing = 300, Fletching = 300, Jewelrycraft = 291, Pottery= 289, Blacksmithing = 228, Tailoring = 202

stats in game are:
          25ac, 21stats, 193hp/mana/end, 17saves

Calculator shows should be:
          25ac, 21stats, 194hp/mana/end, 17saves

However, if I followed the math correctly in the other thread:
          Calculate total tradeskill points earned in 7 base tradeskills. Divide by 7 to get average tradeskill. Divide by 300 to get %age of max stats that should be applied to charm. Multiply by max value of any stat of the charm to gain value that should be applied.

With my case, my total is 1910. My average is 272. My %age of max should be 90%. Therefore, I should show 90% of max stat (225hp) or 202hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldier View Post
            However, if I followed the math correctly in the other thread:
            Calculate total tradeskill points earned in 7 base tradeskills. Divide by 7 to get average tradeskill. Divide by 300 to get %age of max stats that should be applied to charm. Multiply by max value of any stat of the charm to gain value that should be applied.
            This is incorrect. Ngreth said the actual formula is (sum (TS - 100) / 1400), where TS is each tradeskill. People interpreted this to mean ((sum(TS) - 700) / 1400), but that doesn't work. An example from the other thread showed that the TS-100 bit caps at 0; effectively, if your skill is 99 or less, that step calculates a zero, not a negative number. So, hypothetical example:

Skill = 300 --> use 200 for the calculation
            Skill = 250 --> use 150 for the calculation
            Skill = 150 --> use 50 for the calculation
            Skill = 100 --> use 0 for the calculation
            Skill = 50 --> use 0 for the calculation (not -50)

The 1hp difference is due to rounding somewhere; once I get a few more examples, I'll dive back in and see where it's going wonky.

Comment

For the programmatically inclined, the Javascript code that does all the heavy lifting is here:

http://www.gamesnet.org/KyrosKrane/T...CharmScript.js

Comment

A lot of the numbers I listed for averages and percentages were rounded down. It is possible 1 of the calculations in the sequence does not round off before the next step.

Comment

I tweaked the calculation script based on some advice I got. It now appears to return exact results, although there's always the chance I got it wrong and it could still be off by a point here or there. Essentially, I'd forgotten to truncate the calculation in one spot.
                  Last edited by KyrosKrane; 11-23-2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Skill: 300 x 7
                    At lvl 65: what calculator shows is correct
                    At lvl 66: HP/Mana/End = 211 (calculator shows 212) .. other stats correct

Thanks so much for the calculator. I was using Lucy to check the projected stats for lvl 66 when I was lvl 65. I thought Lucy will be correct, since for me, it should just be a rec lvl change. But Lucy's standard formula for rec lvl gives 1 point extra to AC, stats, HP/mana and saves for lvl 66. Your calculator got everything correct except for HP/mana.

Comment

Bleh, looks like I missed another spot where the game rounds. I tweaked it yet again. Please double check it and let me know if I got it right this time. =)

Comment

Got a new test case for you .

Char lvl: 56
                        Skill: 200, 200, 262, 286, 300, 300, 300

Calculator: 19 / 16 / 147 / 12
                        My Actual: 19 / 16 / 146 / 13

Comment

Hmm. This one is a little odd. I've run out of places to truncate the calculation. =)

Could you please list the full stats for the charm too? The ones you listed are affected by the recommended level. I'm not sure if the problem is in calculating the base stats for the charm or in applying the recommended level.

Comment

But the Artisan Charm only shows one set of stats (for both my lvl 66 and lvl 56), i.e. no numbers in red and no numbers in brackets.

Comment

OK, now that's just plain wierd. I guess the charm script handles the recommended level calculation as well.

I'll poke around some more.

Comment

Working...
                              X