No announcement yet.

Artisan Charm Stats Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed the red text and fiddled with the calculation again. It now matches the three test cases reported so far.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

If it's possible, could you please post the in-game stats for level 65 and 66, with 300x7? I'm not sure I've got it entirely right just yet.
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

The calculator for 300x7 at lvl 66 is now correct. I didn't do a screenshot at lvl 65 so unfortunately I cannot re-confirm.

The calculator for my lvl 56's case is now correct as well.

Perhaps "no red numbers and no numbers in brackets" was the clue you needed?

Comment

OK, just so I don't lose the info again. =) At 66, 300x7, AC=28, stats = 23, hp = 211, saves = 18.

The "no red text" part was a big clue. I had been assuming that the charm would first determine the base power (as if the user were level 70), then apply the recommended level like any other item. That would be two calculations. Since it doesn't show red text, that meant the recommended level calculation was being handled as part of the base power. That in turn means there's only one calculation. Based on that, I tried a couple of different options for calculations and rounding before I hit on the current one.

Comment

Recommended levels have never actually worked on other charms or charm augments. Ngreth said he specifically coded player level into the charm calculation so it would work (which I suppose means if recommended levels on charms ever actually gets fixed, the artisan charm will need to be changed so it doesn't get a double whammy).

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
              OK, now that's just plain wierd. I guess the charm script handles the recommended level calculation as well.
              yes it does charm scripts stomp all over the recommended level calculations... so... I had to estimate it within the charm script. (I actually made another script that other people can call in case they want to do the same)
              Originally posted by Bobaten View Post
              Recommended levels have never actually worked on other charms or charm augments. Ngreth said he specifically coded player level into the charm calculation so it would work (which I suppose means if recommended levels on charms ever actually gets fixed, the artisan charm will need to be changed so it doesn't get a double whammy).
              yup
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

The calculator proves one thing. For those who are only raising skills to maximize the usefulness of the charm, skilling up to:

Fletching 282 (all store bought)
                Jewelry 282 (all store bought)
                Pottery 300 (store bought except for Magic Clay and easy subcombines)
                Smithing 262 (up to Steppes Ore if Sickles is too much subcombines)
                Tailoring 252 (before it gets hard)
                Baking 300 (this one is either 200 or 300, not too much of an in-between)
                Brewing 300 (store bought except for Enchanted Gold)

at lvl 70 will already give you 27 AC / 22 Stats / 204 HP Mana / 18 saves. This is only 3 AC / 3 Stats / 21 HP Mana / 2 saves less than max. PLing to 300x7 is no longer cost/time effective from this point onwards.

For example, pushing onwards with JC from 282 to 300 is only gonna give you 5 more HP / mana (less than 5 if you're not 300 in all other 6 skills already). In fact, if you stop at Mino Hero Brew (248) for Brewing, you're only gonna lose 9 HP / Mana (less than 9 if you're not 300 in all other 6 skills already).

There are those who argue that the last 18 points for every skill should show more of a jump in the Charm stats to reflect the cost/time spent.

I see it the other way. The way the Charm stats are calculated now discourages those who only want the Charm (and don't care about tradeskills) to stop PLing the last points. This will leave tradeskills back in the hands of tradeskillers and soften the after-effects to the tradeskill market as seen after Aid Grimel.

You'll still spend that 150-200k to raise JC from 282 to 300 if you're a tradeskiller. But I don't think you'll do it for 5 HP / Mana. And that's the way it should be. This design hopes to separate the tradeskillers from the non-tradeskillers. A tradeskiller shouldn't need the Charm's jump in stats to encourage him to push forward.
                Last edited by Elfdruidess; 11-26-2006, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Any chance there is one of these for the normal single tradeskill charms?
                  Don't have enough cash to buy all the ingredients for numerous attempts (might go ahead and grab 1 combine worth if i can afford later on but thats all :P)
                  so, wanna know if making one of the single ones would be worth it..
                  Ddemons Ddemise

200 Fletching
                  200 Brewing
                  201 Tailoring
                  198 Baking
                  100 Jewelcraft
                  100 Pottery
                  152 Smithing

Comment

So... my Alchemy prowess doesn't contribute to this thing at all? =/

Comment

Not the Artisan Charm, no. That one is just for the seven unrestricted tradeskills. I believe there is a dedicated Alchemy Charm, though. The final stats will be lower, of course, since it's only one tradeskill, but it's also far easier to get and max.

Comment

Originally posted by Ddemons Ddemise View Post
                        Any chance there is one of these for the normal single tradeskill charms?
                        I suppose I could adapt the code to work with a single tradeskill, but I don't know the formula for the single charms off hand. I'd have to research it to make sure I got it right. If someone can point me to a post Ngreth made somewhere saying how the stats are calculated for the single charms, I can probably write a calculator for that pretty quick.

Comment

I'd be nice to have both charms displayed side by side (or one above the other). For several characters I have, I'd like to know which charm would be better. Good job, btw.
                          -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                          try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

the same. jsut one instead of 7 And I think the stats were such that I did not need recomended level? Not sure there. I forget without looking it up.
                            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                            Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200
                            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I made a first pass at the single tradeskill charms. Let me know if it works as expected, and as before, please post your charm stats and tradeskill/level info if there's a difference.

Comment

Sorry, I can't get the calculator to work for the Artisan Charm anymore. When I put in numbers for the 7 basic skills, and click calculate, it jumps back to the default screen. There isn't a "round slot" for the Artisan Charm for me to click on anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X