Returning...Advice on Useful Craft Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning...Advice on Useful Craft Items

I'm dipping my toes back into EQ after a long absence (almost 2 years). I have a 66 druid with 200 tradeskills except pottery (238, GM trophy). My gear is certainly underpowered and I'm not yet willing to spring for the 4 expansions since OoW. The natural thing to do (while I try to remember how to play the game!) is to craft up some items and sell them in the bazaar to upgrade gear, etc. My question is what items, at least from OoW and before, actually have a market. e.g.

Is it worth pursuing cultural armor for woodelfs at the master level, which I gather doesn't require dragons of norrath? Charms? Are people still using blessed fishing rods/golden idols of tunare/etc (my prior crafting bread and butter)? If not, are there viable crafting paths for the newer expansions, and which of them would be the most useful?

I can initially probably only count on drops I can solo with elemental plane (air/earth/water) level gear and a 66 druid...

Thanks much for any advice/etc. that anyone has.

Originally posted by Aaneras
    I'm dipping my toes back into EQ after a long absence (almost 2 years). I have a 66 druid with 200 tradeskills except pottery (238, GM trophy). My gear is certainly underpowered and I'm not yet willing to spring for the 4 expansions since OoW. The natural thing to do (while I try to remember how to play the game!) is to craft up some items and sell them in the bazaar to upgrade gear, etc. My question is what items, at least from OoW and before, actually have a market. e.g.

Is it worth pursuing cultural armor for woodelfs at the master level, which I gather doesn't require dragons of norrath? Charms? Are people still using blessed fishing rods/golden idols of tunare/etc (my prior crafting bread and butter)? If not, are there viable crafting paths for the newer expansions, and which of them would be the most useful?

I can initially probably only count on drops I can solo with elemental plane (air/earth/water) level gear and a 66 druid...

Thanks much for any advice/etc. that anyone has.
    You have really missed out on some really great trade skill times. If you like trade skills, the trophies (PoR required) and especially the master / gransmaster armor (DoN required), tradeskill or artisan pottery charms (TSS items needed, expansion not required) would be great places to start once you get some upgrades.

Every server has it's economy, so I won't go specifics, but look for the need. My experience is that the only OOW and earlier items that sell are items that are convenient to use to twink an alt. The OOW augments are nice, but requires Jewelry crafting, then a shaman or rogue to add the focus effects.

I would think your best bet would be to focus on trade skill parts (or maybe doing some sub-combines) and selling them for skill ups for others.

Your missing expansions can provide a lot more options as those are the items people are looking for (especially the grandmaster armors).

Gorse

Comment

Since you can forage I recommend Juice of Quellious.Its a great stat drink and only need 7 types of foraged berrys/fruits plus a vial of viscious mana.You'll have to buy the two PoR fruits in the baz however.
      P.S. you can now make three celestial essenses at a time now ! YAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorse
        the master / gransmaster armor (DoN required)
        Just a quick note. None of the DoN cultural armors actually require DoN; you can get the book to make any tier armor by killing low-ish level mobs around your home city. You do need DoN to make Grandmaster augments (the quest to get the book for the patterns sends you to DoN zones), but I believe all the other tiers of augment quests don't require DoN either.
        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

p.s. Druids and Necros aren't allowed to Kite Dwarfs in Butcherblock anymore.

(Grins sheepishly through his often fire and beverage blasted beard)
          Yes I am He!
          EQ's Very own Beer God!
          The Vicar of Liquor! Baron in a Barrel!
          The Priest of Yeast! Wielder of Brell's BattleMug

sigpic

Comment

We still sell a ton of Oow armour- Bazu, Feran, Magnetized etc, but to make those items its a lot more efficient if you have the tradeskill above 200. Welcome back and goodluck!
            Heynanni Majere
            Barbarian Beastlady of Maelin Starpyre- 300 brewing, 300! tailoring, 300 smihing, and 200 everything else

Marvy Lous- drakkin SK 300 smithing+smithing charm
            Jeign- 300 medicine stick'd alchemist+alchemist charm
            Heyarcher Forageur- 275 wood elf fletcher
            Dott- 300 Tailoring +tailor charm and ugly Bolt
            Shaleste- drakkin ranger 300 tailoring with ugly Bolt (did I mention that darn trophy is ugly?)
            Lilnastie- 300 tinker

Comment

p.s. Druids and Necros aren't allowed to Kite Dwarfs in Butcherblock anymore
              Nah we nuke'em dead now, no kiting needed.
              Liwsa 75 Druid Prexus - Retired

Comment

(Adds Liwsa to list of in need of Crossbow prickling or a good kneecapping)

( )

Have you met my friend Mr Hammer yet? And remember I got a mage side kick with several drunken elementals just itching for some fun or to test some tinkered devices upon.

Or I could simply send Cornflunk a lub letter signed by you...you'll never escape that Ogre's Lubbings!
                Yes I am He!
                EQ's Very own Beer God!
                The Vicar of Liquor! Baron in a Barrel!
                The Priest of Yeast! Wielder of Brell's BattleMug

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X