Question from a returning player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from a returning player

Hi all! I have just returned to EQ after a much needed two year break from the game. I last played just as OoW was being released and my memory is pretty foggy. Has the tradeskill cap been raised since then? I have 1 tradeskill (baking) at 250, tailoring at 242, and the rest at or near 200. I can't for the life of me think if any others can be raised or did I need to spend AA points to get them any further? I currently have all 6 levels of New Taanan Crafting Mastery trained, but none of the other AA's for tradeskills are trained. Can anything go above 250 as of now, or do I need to do something else before I can try for the trophies that came out with PoR?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

The 7 tradekills' cap was raised to 300.

You need New Tanaan Crafting Mastery to raise the second to seventh tradeskill above the 200 mark. Since you already bought all 6 ability levels you are free to skill-up all tradeskills to the cap.
    Last edited by Tiroon; 09-05-2006, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiroon
      The 7 tradekills' cap was raised to 300.
      The cap was raised for all trades, not just the 7 ones that are common to everyone. For the class/race restricted ones, the cap is no longer based on level (except that you have to be a certain level to start skilling up, but once you hit that level, you could skill all the way to 300.)

Comment

This is great news! Thank you

Comment

Furthermore: Skill mods actually mean something, even after your skill is capped.

As an example: I've got my GM trophy in X skill that I have capped at 300. I've got a 15% mod, which brings my modded skill up to 345. The old trophies were good, but since your skill was HARD CAPPED at 252, it really didn't do you any good. These days, it most certainly does. This makes getting your trophies VERY worthwhile. As a suggestion: Get your trophies as early as possible. Delaying getting your trophy means having to do more difficult combines to get your trophy, normally with more obnoxious materials. All of the 250+ skill trophies require the old GM trophy to make.

Comment

Working...
          X