Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repost of Coldain Shawl with better formatting (3 of 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repost of Coldain Shawl with better formatting (3 of 5)

First, Yes I know SoE said they werent. But if we can make it easy enough maybe they will =) Hope you don't mind me using your name Verdandi, but you're in the original quest text on this site so I thought it fitting =)

Suggested Script for Coldain Shawl Quest 2.0

Initial thoughts:
    1) I made this so that programming would take a minimal amount of effort. I felt it may be necessary to get SoE to actually do this.

2) This is not designed for only 2100 club members, but it is designed for serious tradeskillers. Every major combine is a 200 or greater trivial.

3) At no point of this process can you lose the shawl and have to start all over from the beginning. That is fine for the original quest, but I think that having to start all over at shawl #1 would be just too terrible. Also, all the combined stuff is of course no trade. No MQs. You have to do it yourself.

4) The final shawl is end game type stuff. Many will grouch quite loudly about that, but it is very reasonable. Why? Well, end-game raiders do tradeskills too. What is the point of them doing this quest if the gear they get is not wearable. For those who will do the quest but aren’t in end game raiding guilds, one piece of end game gear is not going to unbalance the game. It isn’t a 15 delay 100 damage weapon or a 50k nuke clicky, it is only nice shoulders. Some that anyone can wear and be proud of. Recommended level 70 with no required level means anyone can wear it so everyone is happy. And by the way, people who have not gone through the process of getting all 7 tradeskills to the levels needed for this should make the attempt before being brass enough to say that such a nice item is too good for “just” tradeskilling.

Ninth Shawl

(With 8th Shawl in inventory)
    You say, “Hail Loremaster Borannin”

Loremaster Borannin says “Hello there Verdandi. I am afraid I have sad news. Grave news indeed. Those hated Giants have made an alliance with [beings of Discord]. The strength of even our most ancient armor and weapons wanes even now because of their dread power. Something must be done Verdandi, but I know not what. Perhaps you can [aid] us once again, as you have so often before."

You say, "Beings of Discord?”

Loremaster Borannin says “Aye, they are from a plane of existence I do not fully understand. How our foes even made contact which such as they, I cannot fathom. But it has happened. They have attacked us, and without sending even one of their number to our gates. If not for the Giants wagging their tongues in mockery of our [plight] we would have no idea what was even happening to us."

You say, "What plight?”

Loremaster Borannin says “Our armor and weapons are losing their power, more so every day. With my axe not 2 months hence, I could cleave the tallest Giants down to size in but a few mighty swings. Now sadly, it is all I can do to survive such a battle. So it is with all the proud work of our crafts."

You say, "I will aid you.” (this keyword is in Loremaster Borannin’s reply to your first hail)

Loremaster Borannin says “For that I am very grateful Verdandi. And all my people as well. I know not how to guide you Verdandi, except to say that perhaps you can again find the The Avatar of Below. Once, he found you worthy of his blessing. Perhaps he will guide you in this matter."

After accepting Loremaster Borannin’s request for help, approach the place where the Avatar of Below spawns in the original event with the 8th shawl in inventory. He will spawn again as “A Shadow of the Avatar of Below”

You say, “Hail A Shadow of the Avatar of Below”

A Shadow of the Avatar of Below says "Verdandi. You have come. There are things you must [know]. Things you must [do]. Only you can set things right again. Without you the strength of the dwarves will fail, and the Giants will drive them from the land.

You say, "What must I know?”

A Shadow of the Avatar of Below says "Verdandi. The beings of Discord have focused their energy into a barrier surrounding the dwarven homeland. As you have been told, it slowly drains the magical power from everything inside. The only way to stop this is to change the nature of the dwarven magic so that the barrier can no longer affect it. This will not be easy. But it is the only way.”

You say, "What must I do?”

A Shadow of the Avatar of Below says "Verdandi. First you must protect yourself from the power of Discord. Your Blessed Coldain Shawl contains dwarven magic. You must alter the magic within so it cannot be lost. “

The Shadow of the Avatar of Below ceases to speak, and stretches forth his hand touching your brow. Memories begin to come sharply to mind as you recall in vivid detail all that was done to bring your shawl into being. Much of the craftwork you have learned in the effort will be needed in the quest before you. Many new skills will be needed as well.

You see in your mind’s eye an image of a beautiful vessel, basin shaped, with an engraved, raised surface adorning one side. You immediately recognize the engraving as the exact same one sewn into your shawl. You innately know that you will need to make another rune, and that you will also need magical clay and purified water for this task. You see in the basin luminous, obviously enchanted water. Somehow you know it will require a considerable amount of the most potent of the waters from below, and a like amount of the wurm bile you collected for your shawl. You see yourself submerging your shawl into the basin and into the water. As you see yourself remove it from the basin, you see it change, now protected from the power of Discord. The Shadow of the Avatar of Below disappears, and you know you must complete this first task as soon as possible. Also you feel led to speak to the Dwarves as soon as you have done so.

Make Sacred Basin of the Avatar: In a Pottery Wheel combine purified water + block of magic clay + encased velium etched rune (trivial 225) to make Unfired Sacred Basin of the Avatar. In a Kiln combine Unfired Sacred Basin of the Avatar + High Quality Firing Sheet to make Sacred Basin of the Avatar (trivial 15). Yes the same rune from the 7th shawl. Fun. Fun. =) Please note that this is a 10 slot large container, so have an open slot. Side note here, I hope all quest containers in the future will be 10 slot large or giant. Tradeskillers never have extra room to give up a 10 slot in their bank for a 4 slot quest container.

Make Sacred Water of Below: In a Brew Barrel combine 5 x Grandmaster’s Water of Below (from DoN cultural) + 5 x Glowing Wurm Bile (EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeePPPPPPPP!!!! Not that again!!!!) (trivial 225).

Make Altered Coldain Prayer Shawl: In Sacred Basin of the Avatar combine 8th Coldain Shawl + Sacred Water of Below (tailoring trivial 225, returns 8th Coldain shawl on failure).

Altered Coldain Prayer Shawl: AC 9, Str/Sta/Chr/Wis/Int +9, All resists +9, +100 hp/mana/end, Mana Regen +3, Breath of Brell (as Zephyr of Brell but includes level 70 spells)
    Last edited by Asolandri; 05-11-2006, 03:27 PM.
    Asolandri's Gear
    300 Tailor +15% + Mastery Rk3
    300 Baker +12%
    300 Fletcher +15%
    300 Jeweller +15% + Mastery Rk3
    300 Smith +15% + Mastery Rk3
    300 Brewer +12%
    300 Potter +12% + Mastery Rk3
    Salvage 3
    ----2100 Club 8/9/07 (Wood Elf/Ranger/Erollisi Marr)

300 Tinker +12%
    300 Alchemist +15%
    300 Spell Research +12%
    ----3000 Club 9/28/08

Tenth Shawl

Tenth Shawl

(With 9th Shawl in inventory)
    You say, “Hail Loremaster Borannin”

Loremaster Borannin says “Verdandi! Hah hah! The Avatar spoke to me in a dream and said you would be coming! He also told me that he cannot appear again until you have done all that needs to be done. He left a sealed scroll for you. When I awoke from the dream, it was clutched in my hand. That’s all I know. Here is the scroll.”

[Receive: Avatar’s Sealed Scroll of Warming]

The scroll reads: “Verdandi. You have done well. Your shawl is now forever protected from the power of Discord. But it will grow stronger yet. As you complete the steps needed to save the Dwarves their power will grow, and the shawl you wear will attune itself in kind, being of the same magic. Here is what you must do next. The strength of the Dwarves is focused in their King. His heart is full of despair and coldness. Until this changes, nothing else can happen. Seek out Mordin Frostcleaver. He will know how to warm the King’s heart and revive his spirit."

(With 9th Shawl in inventory)
    You say, "Hail Mordin Frostcleaver"

Mordin Frostcleaver says "Ah, hello there Verdandi. I hear you are trying to help out. Thank you so kindly. I was almost out of hope. It seems to me that King Dain actually has [lost hope]…”

You say, "Lost hope?”

Mordin Frostcleaver says "Yes, our great King Dain is a man of action. Being unable to do anything has driven him to despair. I believe I know what would cheer him up, but I am unable to leave to leave Thurgadin to get what I need. Perhaps you would be able to sneak past the Giants and get what is [needed].”

You say, "What is needed?”

Mordin Frostcleaver says "Well, in my many years of experience here, I have noticed that whenever the King is upset about anything, one of his “special” meals gets him right back on track. But I am afraid it would need to be a very [special dish] indeed for this occasion.”

You say, "What special dish?”

Mordin Frostcleaver says "Hmmm, I know the one it will take. First, a banquet of all his favorite dishes. Let’s see, there’s Tundrabear Sandwich, and Snow Bunny Stew. Also, Ulthork Meat Pie, and Snow Griffin Souffle, and don’t forget the Frost Giant Toe garnish. Bake all of those up together. And that should do the job! Oh wait. Have to have some dwarven ale with that as well, but that will be a [problem].

You say, "What problem?”

Mordin Frostcleaver says "His ale goblet was magical of course. Can’t have a king drinking from any old ordinary glass you know. But last week he found his goblet crumbled to dust, affected by the power of Discord. You will have to make a new one unfortunately. It was based off a stein crafted in by the dwarves of Crystal Caverns. You will need to retrieve one to start. Also if memory serves, you will need one of those exquisite crystals sometimes found in permafrost and the magic of purified mana. Finally, put some ale in the new goblet and give King Dain the ale and the meal. I believe it will lift his spirits enough to be his old self again. I don’t have the time right now, but after you complete this task, could I examine your shawl? It seems to have changed somehow since I saw you last.”

Make Dain’s Heart Warming Banquet: In an Oven combine Tundrabear Sandwich + Snow Bunny Stew + Ulthork Meat Pie + Snow Griffin Souffle + Frost Giant Toes (trivial 250). The toes are the same ones from shawl#1, and the rest are the recipes from shawl#3.

Make Dain’s Goblet of Warmth: In a Pottery Wheel combine Froststone Stein + permafrost crystal + vial of purfied mana (trivial 225).

Make Dain’s Heart Warming Ale: In a Brew Barrel combine Dain’s Goblet of Warmth + dwaven ale (trivial 250).

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Dain’s Heart Warming Banquet and Dain’s Heart Warming Ale]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "That was unbelievable! I did not think I would ever have such a meal again Verdandi. My spirits are lifted! The Giants had better be wary, I am renewed! Go now and see Mordin. He was just asking about you. And please give him this note as well. I have plans to make.”

[Receive: Letter of Summons]

[Give Mordin Frostcleaver: Letter of Summons and Altered Coldain Prayer Shawl]

Mordin Frostcleaver says "Amazing! I have been summoned to a meeting with the great Dain to help in the plans with the Giant attack. It is a great honor indeed. But thanks to you Verdandi, because I am sure that without your efforts, there would be no plan making anymore. Ah! This is a marvelous shawl! It has been enhanced beyond the skill of our people. There is none like this in all the land. Oh! It is beginning to glow Verdandi! It has strengthened again somehow here in my hands, but I have no idea how. Here take it back Verdandi. Go and show it to the Dain before the planning meeting takes place. Perhaps it may spark an idea that will help us defeat this awful curse.”

[Receive: Coldain Prayer Shawl of Warmth: AC 10, Str/Sta/Agi/Chr/Wis/Int +10, CR +30/other resists +10, +150 hp/mana/end, Mana Regen +3, Regen +3, Breath of Brell (as Zephyr of Brell but includes level 70 spells ]
    Last edited by Asolandri; 05-05-2006, 05:24 AM.
    Asolandri's Gear
    300 Baker +12%
    300 Fletcher +15%
    300 Brewer +12%
    Salvage 3

300 Tinker +12%
    300 Alchemist +15%
    300 Spell Research +12%
    ----3000 Club 9/28/08

Comment

Eleventh Shawl

Eleventh Shawl

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Coldain Prayer Shawl of Warmth]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "Remarkable! This is better than even the one I wear. Your skills are matchless! In better times, I may commission you to craft one for me. This is of a new and different magic, similar to that used in Dwarven craft but altered. We must study this new kind of enchantment. Reports have come in regarding the armor the Giants now wear, that it is also of a different kind of magic. We must procure some of this armor for inspection. But how? Hmm…we must sneak into their fort and steal it. From one of their Captains I think. They would have the strongest armor. We could kill their lookout with a bow and arrow from afar, but we don’t have such weapons that are still usable. Have you the [skill] to make such weapons if you were taught the ingredients Verdandi?”

You say, "I have the skill.”

Dain Frostreaver IV says "Very well Verdandi, I will tell you what to do. You have proven yourself trustworthy of all of our secrets. You will only need 5 items. For the bow you will need a branch of sylvan oak and a sacred coldain thread. For the arrow you must use a LarkTwitter arrow and treat it with pickled frost giant so it will do them more hurt, and phase spider blood so the Lookout will not be able to see the arrow coming. With the Lookout down we will be able to infiltrate the fort and steal some armor for study. Return with these as soon as you can Verdandi.

Make Arrow of Frost Giant Slaying: In a Fletching Kit combine LarkTwitter arrow + phase spider blood + pickled frost giant (trivial 200). The arrow is 6 damage + Giant Bane damage + 1 range 150’.

Make Dwarven Bow of Far Reaching: In a Fletching Kit combine branch of sylvan oak + sacred coldain thread (trivial 250). The thread is the same one from shawl#6. The bow is 50 delay, 10 damage, 500’ range, no rent. Don’t want people making these to pull mobs from half way across Norrath. So do this combine right in front of the Dain and immediately do the turn in with the arrow.

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Arrow of Frost Giant Slaying and Dwarven Bow of Far Reaching]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "Excellent work Verdandi! These will be put to immediate use. Please bring this note to Loremaster Borannin now.”

[Receive: Letter of Requisition]

[Give Loremaster Borannin: Letter of Requisition]

Loremaster Borannin says "King Dain says to give you this trophy from Giant wars past. This smithy hammer was captured from the greatest of the Giant craftsmen, and may prove useful in examining the armor we hope to soon capture. Please return to King Dain and give it to him as he has instructed me.”

[Receive: Smithy Hammer of Frost]

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Smithy Hammer of Frost]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "Fantastic news Verdandi! The Lookout fell like an old rotten tree. He never saw it coming. After that it was easy to sneak in and take this breastplate. The Giants were all in a drunken stupor from celebrating their “eminent” victory. Ashame we have no working weapons or we could have done away with the lot of them on the spot. Meltdown the armor into raw metal then cleanse it with purified water. Bring the result back for me to examine.”

[Receive: Breastplate of a Frost Giant Captain and Smithy Hammer of Frost]

Make discordant velium: In a forge combine Breastplate of a Frost Giant Captain + Smithy Hammer of Frost + coldain velium temper (trivial 250 – also returns Smithy Hammer of Frost on success or failure).

Make cleansed discordant velium: In a forge combine discordant velium + purified water (trivial 250 - also returns Smithy Hammer of Frost on success or failure).

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: cleansed discordant velium]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "This is what is needed. Here is the new metal and my breastplate. Reforge my breastplate and return it and the hammer. If I am correct, this new armor will partially block the power of Discord. Hurry Verdandi, there is not a moment to spare!”

[Receive: Breastplate of Dain FrostReaver IV, cleansed discordant velium]

Make Enchanted Breastplate of Dain FrostReaver IV: In a forge combine Breastplate of Dain FrostReaver IV + Smithy Hammer of Frost + coldain velium temper + cleansed discordant velium (trivial 250).

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Enchanted Breastplate of Dain FrostReaver IV and Smithy Hammer of Frost]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "Yes it is working! I can feel the difference already! The drain has lessened, but is far from gone. Even still the Giants will soon be able to rout us if we don’t completely block this curse. We must enhance my helm as well then. But for this we will need to use a helm forged from the deepest source of velium we can find. The deeper we go, the better chance that the power of the barrier will not have touched it in any way. You will have to seek out such a helm if one even exists. Ah, what is this? I see a residue on the hammer, perhaps it will be enough to treat your shawl. Try it and see!”

[Receive: cleansed discordant velium residue]

Make Cleansed Coldain Prayer Shawl: In a Tailoring Kit combine Altered Coldain Prayer Shawl + cleansed discordant velium residue (tailoring trivial 200, returns 8th Coldain shawl on failure).

Cleansed Coldain Prayer Shawl: AC 15, Str/Sta/Dex/Agi/Chr/Wis/Int +15, CR +30/other resists +15, +200 hp/mana/end, Mana Regen +4, Regen +4, +5% Stun resist, Breath of Brell (as Zephyr of Brell but includes level 70 spells ]

If at any point on this part of the quest you have a failed combine that stops you, give Dain your Coldain Prayer Shawl of Warmth and you can start over on this stage.
      Last edited by Asolandri; 05-04-2006, 03:16 PM.
      Asolandri's Gear
      300 Baker +12%
      300 Fletcher +15%
      300 Brewer +12%
      Salvage 3

300 Tinker +12%
      300 Alchemist +15%
      300 Spell Research +12%
      ----3000 Club 9/28/08

Comment

Make Dain’s Heart Warming Ale: In a Brew Barrel combine Dain’s Goblet of Warmth + dwaven ale (trivial 400 – returns Dain’s Goblet of Warmth on failure).
        like the last thread said - thats too easy a way to skillup to 300 with a fully evolved trophy--throw in a few farmed ingredients or sometin that arent returned..
        Ddemons Ddemise

200 Fletching
        200 Brewing
        201 Tailoring
        198 Baking
        100 Jewelcraft
        100 Pottery
        152 Smithing

Comment

Fixed.

Changed Dain’s Heart Warming Ale recipe to not return the Dain’s Goblet of Warmth on failure and lowered the trivial to 250.
          Last edited by Asolandri; 05-05-2006, 05:25 AM.
          Asolandri's Gear
          300 Baker +12%
          300 Fletcher +15%
          300 Brewer +12%
          Salvage 3

300 Tinker +12%
          300 Alchemist +15%
          300 Spell Research +12%
          ----3000 Club 9/28/08

Comment

The bow is 50 delay, 10 damage, 500’ range, no rent

Even NoRent it could be used for quite a while.... Make it class: none, race: none
            Pootle Pennypincher
            Short in the eyes of some...
            Tall in the hearts of many!

Comment

Update fairly soon

I am working on the final 2 legs of this, but it will take a couple days or so. The storyline is fun but a lot of typing, as well as researching items for combines and such. I have a pretty good grasp on how the rest of this is going to go now, so it won't take too long =)
              Asolandri's Gear
              300 Baker +12%
              300 Fletcher +15%
              300 Brewer +12%
              Salvage 3

300 Tinker +12%
              300 Alchemist +15%
              300 Spell Research +12%
              ----3000 Club 9/28/08

Comment

Part 4 of 5

Twelfth Shawl

Go to Crystal Caverns and kill the Foreman until you get a Foreman’s Skull Cap. Return this to King Dain.

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Foreman’s Skull Cap]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "This will do I believe. I sense that it is pure and yet untainted. I fear though It may be too late. My own helm, which I hoped to reforge, has turned to dust. Not long after you left, I went to my armory and found it so. Take some of the dust, perhaps if you remold it with this helm you have brought, our goal may yet be achieved. Let me see the new helm if you are successful.

[Receive: royal velium dust]

Make Reforged Royal Helm: In a forge combine Foreman’s Skull Cap + royal velium dust + plate helm mold + coldain velium temper (trivial 200, returns royal velium dust on failure).

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Reforged Royal Helm]

Dain Frostreaver IV says "Whew! I was truly worried Verdandi. I thought all was lost. But there is more to do Verdandi. This is only the first step. We still must etch upon the helm the symbols of power and resistance. Finally we must adorn it with 3 magically bejeweled crests of my people. Only then will the helm be powerful enough to weaken the barrier. I know you are tired Verdandi, worn through and through, but there is no help for it. What must be done, must be done. To etch the 2 symbols, you will need a pattern. Give the helm to Loremaster Borannin and he will be able to help you.

[Give Loremaster Borannin: Reforged Royal Helm]

Loremaster Borannin says “This is nice work Verdandi. You should be proud of your efforts. I have some of the materials for the patterns ready to go. Unfortunately, I am missing some of the key ingredients. I will need 2 doses of deepwater ink, 1 reagent of power, and 1 reagent of resistance. The ink should be easy for someone like you, but the reagents will be somewhat more difficult to come by. To make a reagent of power you will need to brew 1 dust of discord, 1 polished bloodflow stone, 1 polished mudflow stone, 1 polished fireflow stone, and 1 polished waterflow stone, in purified water. To make a reagent of resistance you will need to brew 1 dust of discord, 1 polished emberflow stone, 1 polished mossflow stone, 1 polished shadowflow stone, 1 polished stormflow stone, and 1 polished voidflow stone, in purified water. I know this will be a monumental undertaking, but a small price for the lives of your friends. You will surely be greatly rewarded when this is all over. Good luck Verdandi. I will give you the patterns when you return with the ink and the reagents.

Get 2 x deepwater ink. These drop from various mobs in Siren’s grotto, Kedge Keep, and various PoP zones.

Make reagent of power: In a brew barrel combine dust of discord + polished bloodflow stone + polished mudflow stone + polished fireflow stone + polished waterflow stone + purified water (trivial 200).

Make reagent of resistance: In a brew barrel combine dust of discord + polished emberflow stone + polished mossflow stone + polished shadowflow stone + polished stormflow stone + polished voidflow stone + purified water (trivial 200).

[Give Loremaster Borannin: 2 x deepwater ink (unstacked), reagent of power, and reagent of resistance]

Loremaster Borannin says “I would take the time to praise this unfathomable accomplishment (only successfully done twice in the entire history of the Coldain) but alas! Time is of the essence! Take these patterns. There was enough ink and reagent for 2 of each pattern. If you are successful on your first try, return the second set to me, and I will give you something you may consider more useful. For now, use the patterns and a burin to inscribe the helm. You still have a burin don’t you Verdandi? Return the etched helm to me and I will give you instructions for the crests.

[Receive: set of royal helm patterns x 2]

Make Etched Royal Helm: In a fletching kit combine Reforged Royal Helm + set of royal helm patterns + burin (trivial 250 – returns Reforged Royal Helm, burin on failure).

If successful on first attempt, give the additional set to Loremaster Borannin for a reward.

[Give Loremaster Borannin: set of royal helm patterns]

Loremaster Borannin says “Thank you kindly Verdandi. Here is your reward.
                [Receive: Large Jug of Reagents (99 charges of summon 20 x celestial essence lore, tradable) and Large Jug of Curing Solutions (99 charges of summon 20 x heady kiola lore, tradable)]

[Give Loremaster Borannin: Etched Royal Helm]

Loremaster Borannin says “Okay you are ready for the final step. You will need to make 3 crests and attach them to this helm, one each of faceted diamond, emerald, and sapphire. Four stones are required on each crest. Something else will also be needed however. The beings of Discord have discovered your efforts, and knowing what you must be working on now they have spoiled the lands where the gems can be mined. To counteract their efforts you will need to mount a fifth stone on each crest, a crystal with the power to transcend time so that the gems will become as they were before our enemies ruined them. Where you can find such a thing I know not, but I have the utmost confidence that you will find them. If you are successful, show the result to King Dain.

Make Crest of Timeless Diamonds: In a jewelry kit combine 4 x faceted diamond + timeless quartz crystal (foraged in Plane of Time – tradable) + enchanted velium bar (trivial 225).

Make Crest of Timeless Emeralds: In a jewelry kit combine 4 x faceted emerald + timeless quartz crystal (foraged in Plane of Time – tradable) + enchanted velium bar (trivial 225).

Make Crest of Timeless Sapphires: In a jewelry kit combine 4 x faceted sapphire + timeless quartz crystal (foraged in Plane of Time – tradable) + enchanted velium bar (trivial 225).

Make Discordant Helm of Dain Frostreaver IV: In a jewelry kit combine Crest of Timeless Diamonds + Crest of Timeless Emeralds + Crest of Timeless Sapphires + Etched Royal Helm (trivial 225 – returns Etched Royal Helm on failure).

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Discordant Helm of Dain Frostreaver IV]

Dain Frostreaver IV places the helm upon his head and immediately it radiates with intense energy. He says "Verdandi! Quickly! Give me your shawl!”

[Give Dain Frostreaver IV: Cleansed Coldain Prayer Shawl]

Dain Frostreaver IV touches the shawl to the helm and it begins to glow with the same brilliant light. For several moments, the King does not move, but then he speaks. He says "Take your shawl. It has been embued with greater power than ever. More importantly, the helm has counteracted the power of the Discordians. The drain effects us no more. But the loss already sustained is still present. All the magic power already drained has to be restored. After placing the helm upon my head I saw that the magic stolen is trapped within a crystal buried in Iceclad. It was the focal point of the barrier placed around our homeland. We must go and destroy this crystal to release the magic back into our land. To do that, my axe will need to be restored, so that I will have something with which to strike the crystal a shattering blow. Bring it to Loremaster Borannin and he will show you what to do.”

[Receive: Embued Coldain Prayer Shawl and Damaged Axe of King Dain Frostreaver IV]

Embued Coldain Prayer Shawl: AC 25, Str/Sta/Dex/Agi/Chr/Wis/Int +20, CR +30/other resists +20, +250 hp/mana/end, Mana Regen +5, Regen +6, +10% Stun resist, +10 Avoidance, +5% Shielding, Breath of Brell (as Zephyr of Brell but includes level 70 spells ]
                Last edited by Asolandri; 05-11-2006, 03:31 PM.
                Asolandri's Gear
                300 Baker +12%
                300 Fletcher +15%
                300 Brewer +12%
                Salvage 3

300 Tinker +12%
                300 Alchemist +15%
                300 Spell Research +12%
                ----3000 Club 9/28/08

Comment

one of the things i found to be really annoying about the shawl quest was the dorf in EW with the death squad. It might be good to add something of that nature like same area of EW but have it trigger off of having the shawl equipped so it does these triggers instead of the old ones.

Comment

Nicely done so far. I can only hope they take this idea and implement the continuing series. /crosses fingers.
                    Mordigan - 63 Enchanter
                    Khanjal - 52 Wizard

Comment

been busy

Still working on this, I have to type up the last leg, then go back and add in some details like item stats. Also some formatting tweaks. Been busy at work and RL so a little delayed in finishing it, but I'll get it =)
                      Asolandri's Gear
                      300 Baker +12%
                      300 Fletcher +15%
                      300 Brewer +12%
                      Salvage 3

300 Tinker +12%
                      300 Alchemist +15%
                      300 Spell Research +12%
                      ----3000 Club 9/28/08

Comment

I'm really impressed, the 9th and 10th seem perfect to me as far as difficulty to attain vs. stats. The 11th seems a little too easy (and I'm still wearing my 8th shawl and willing to say this.)

12th definetely seems in line, would be a GREAT pain in the *** to obtain all those components and then to still have the chance of failure (even at 300 raw skill ~5%)

Good work -- Just cross our fingers as I have doubts they love us crazy tradeskillers enough to give us something for our tireless efforts of skilling up (usually just for the ability to say we did)

I would suggest that for the 13th (i'm guessing that is the next step) add in some more difficult to get no drop items (Hope Stone comes to mind)

I would also recommend that for ALL combines on this quest add in a minimum skill to attempt (somewhere above 201, but below 252.. maybe in the ballpark of 235 or 242).
                        Ausversucht's stuff

Comment

Working...
                        X