Crafted goods get no respect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafted goods get no respect!

After reading posts and surfing through the Bazaar. There seems to be little motivation for anyone to wear certain types of cultural armor. It's too easy to find farmed stuff that sells for a great deal less than our crafted goods. I originally suggested that there be added bonuses for wearing completed sets but someone suggested it would be too hard to code (like extra bank slots ) So, I offer up these suggestions for your comments instead.

1) Special quests for really cool Knickity-knacks (rings, etc) that require having a completed set of cultural.

2) With the new charm slot, really cool charms that can only be equipped if one is wearing a completed set of X. (ie. Boon of the Acrylia or Protection of the Tribunal)

3) Never gonna happen but raising ALL of the bonuses on crafted goods to be in line with the costs and effort that goes into crafting them.

Any other suggestions for making crafted goods more desirable to the general populace?
    Pottery 159 Tailoring 188 Brewing 170 Baking 178 Smithing 205 Alchemy 114, Fishing 35, JC 15, Fletching 0

The BD cultural is pretty darned good and comperable stuff is pretty hard to get one's hands on at all but the highest levels.
    Cigarskunk!
    No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

The BD cultural is pretty darned good and comperable stuff is pretty hard to get one's hands on at all but the highest levels.
      Crimson Darkscale Sleeves AC 16, WIS 5, HP 30, mana 30
      Hardened Greyflesh Sleeves AC 16, STR 6, STA 6, DEX 6, Cold 5, HP 25

Crimson Darkscale Gloves AC 12, DEX 5, WIS 5, HP 25, Mana 25
      Shissar Scaled Gauntlets AC 12 AC, WIS 5, INT 5, HP 40, Mana 40

Crimson Darkscale Veil AC 10, WIS 5, mana 30, HP 30
      Crystal Spider Eyes, AC 8, WIS 3, INT 3, Mana 35, HP 35

Crimson Darkscale Tunic AC 30, STA 10, WIS 10, HP 40, mana 40
      Barbed Ringmail AC 30, STR 9, HP 50

Comment

I think Skunk was referring to the Plate armours... The Chain stuff is a Dead Horse issue.
        Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
        Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
        Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
        Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

So is the tailored stuff /sigh

Comment

Dead horse

The dissatisfaction with chain IS a dead horse but discussing bonuses for wearing completed sets of crafted armor is not. 8) I was just throwing out some ideas for discusion, not engaging in sadonecrobestiality.
            Pottery 159 Tailoring 188 Brewing 170 Baking 178 Smithing 205 Alchemy 114, Fishing 35, JC 15, Fletching 0

Comment

One of the things that brought life back into the named armor sets of Diablo II was the indroduction of additional stats for wearing more than one peice. Some sets where so-so on their own, but the bonus for wearing the whole set was incredable.

I don't doubt that this sort of coding would be a real pain to put into the game and unlikely to happen without it being part of another paid for expansion.

However, taking use of the charm slot (And where on the body does this 'charm' go anyway? I hope it's placment isn't between the waist and legs ops: ) there could be, say, quests that one can undertake that yeild a charm that has no stats at all unless worn with a certain peice or armor. The more of that armor type worn, the better the stats of the charm get.

It would certainly add a whole new level to the customization of characters as the stats of an item arn't the only factor into why you'd wear it but also how that peice interacts with your charm. Perhaps some things have a NEGATIVE hit for some charms. So, say, wearing a charm and acrylia studded armor gives bonuses, but having on a FBSS or a Solstice Earring caused some negative effects, making it more worthwhile to wear a more appropriate level item to get benefits that might even outweigh the FBSS or Solstice earring.

Interesting idea.

Kitchi Behlakatz
              65th Season Feral Lord of Rodcet Nife
              Proud Owner of the 8th Coldain Shawl

Comment

Working...
              X