Minimum Skill for BFT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Skill for BFT

Would there be any point in trying to make a BFT at 202 with a geerlock?

Or would it still be cheaper to try to skill up more before attempting it?

tia

whaerf

At 250+trophy (i.e. effective skill 252) you run about a 50% failure rate.

Based on what people have worked out with the success formula, we can grossly approximate 1% less chance of success per skill point drop (little more than that actually but for this discussion it will do).

So your effective skill is about 212 so a 40 point difference so your success chance is probably around 10%.

Is it worth trying? That all depends on how easy you have access to raw materials. But I bet it would be easier to buy it than keep trying til you succeeded.
    Osprey
    Deceiver
    Luclin Server

Comment

Last batch of attempts was 1 for 9 at 205 with gearlock.

Would not recommend it if you're actually hoping for a success.
      Huntress Jannelle Silverthorne
      Forest Stalker of Ashborne (Karana)

Comment

Others?

How about for Swiftbolts and Cloudbursters? I've got several people in my guild I've made Stingers for who are now wondering when I'll be able to make the next in the line. I'm at 202 now and have a geerlok, but the trivial range listed for these two bows is fairly large. Anyone know when I would have a decent chance of success on these two? I'd hate to make them waste blue diamonds on too many failures.

Comment

Well the analysis is based on the trivial level, and as you noted the trivial range is wide. Why? Because few people want to risk blue diamonds not knowing if their skill is high enough. The exact same problem you have is the same reason the trivial range is wide right now. Add to that the fact that most people don't see the lower bows as being worth making, and you get our current situation.

If you're 202, the swiftbolt is already trivial so not sure what you're asking about for this.

The Cloudburster is known to be trivial at 233 at highest and your effective skill is 212ish. Same math as above applies. Adjusting for the built in failure and I'd ballpark your odds at a Cloudburster at around 70 percent, give or take. Figure 2 out of 3 for ease.
          Osprey
          Deceiver
          Luclin Server

Comment

Thanks for the input. I see the Swiftbolt as between 202 and 239, so I don't see how it's trivial already for me. But yeah, with the blue diamond going through 5 subcombines at a max of 95% chance each, there's a 23% chance of loosing at least one for a combine even at 250 for each skill. I can see how the lower bows are not worth making if you're higher, but for this level a Thunderbolt isn't worth even trying.

Comment

D'oh sorry, I scanned across the wrong line when I was looking at the trivials.

I'd guess that the trivial for the swiftbolt isn't much over 202, but I have only made maybe one of them tops. If you're going to burn a BD, generally better to do a cloudburster.

But even at the trivial point, the failure rate won't be 5% - typically 10 or so skill points higher gets you to that sweet spot.
              Osprey
              Deceiver
              Luclin Server

Comment

At 239 skill, with geerlok, I failed on the first 2 of 3 combines on the BFT (and that was after burning two BDs in the kiln /shudder).
                Serenya Soulhealer
                Guild Leader of The Revellers, Tribunal

Comment

Cloudburster

CLoudburster was not Trivial at 225. Didn't verify as I skilled up past there for obvious reasons.
                  Serano
                  http://www.tribalfury.org

Comment

I must be lucky

1/3 at 202
                    5/6 at 212
                    2/4 at 220
                    1/6 at 229

The 1/6 is really pissing me off though, 4 of the combines were made with 255 dex. All of the combines were made with the geerlock, and the first three sets my dex was around 225.

Also on the GM knife:

0/1 at 212
                    0/2 at 220

Think I will wait till I get to 250 to try again.

Petrog Dobro
                    54 Ranger
                    Vallon Zek server

Comment

Save your materials. If you are hell bent on using all that stuff for Wood Elf cultural bows, wait till youre 250+geerlok yourself or find a 250+g fletcher to attempt it for you.

Theres just too many Nightmarewoods runnin around for next to nothing and they are FAR FAR easier to make and easier to get parts for.
                      Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
                      Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

Working...
                      X