Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible pass 250+ skill ? (+skill item)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible pass 250+ skill ? (+skill item)

I notice lots of you GM pottery still try raise 250 after have GM Trophy or +5% item;

isn't 230skill with GM Trophy(+10) will make you max skill(250) ? or are there any difference on fail rate between 230 and 250 with GM Trophy ?

Not certain if this does make a difference, but I did notice an increase in the number of ruby steins I made per stack.

My reason for getting 250 was partially a personal goal and partially having a score to settle with the wheel.
    Suva WoodFeather

Comment

Technically, once you hit 243 skill with a 5% mod item, you're at max (255) skill. The last 7 points are purely for bragging rights
      Venerable Velisaris Groovenhymer
      Archon of Quellious
      Maelin Starpyre server
      ---------------------------
      Funny...I don't *feel* balanced.

Comment

max skill is 252
        Mudcrush Durtfeet
        65 Ogre Shaman

A founding member of Legacy of Steel on the Nameless Server.
        Begging (40) Fishing (200) Fletching (242+5%) Smithing (250+10%) Pottery (249) Alchemy (200) Jewelry Making (247 +5%) Bind Wound (210) Tailoring (247 +15%) Baking (250 +5%) Brewing (250 +5%) /played = 622 days AA = 615 Max Buffed HP = 8614. HAW

Comment

Sheesh Mud, I would be very interested to see your magelo profile (if u bothered making one heh)
          Prizzle
          Curley

Comment

logic provides yet another answer

Trade skill trphies and skill modifiers do not raise your skill lvl, but raise the sucess rate even when your skill is at lvl 250. Why would the hardest item in the game to make (tradeskill tropy) not help combinds at 250 skill? Skill modifiers increases the chance of sucess, it DOES NOT raise skill. This is a fact because lets say something is almost trivial and you euquipt a tradeskill modifyier, it DOES NOT become trivial, meaning that your skill level didnt change from the tradeskill bonus. If you have 250 skill and arent using tradeskill modifiers then your just plain ignorant. You wont catch me ever making a pottery combind without a gearlok and my bong(tradeskill trophy) adding 10 percent to sucess. While i dont have any raw data on sucess rates increasing at 250 skill with skill modifies, ive done enuff 250+ combinds (at least 50) to see a differance keeping other stats constant.

Croni RZ 250 potter / pot whore

Comment

logic provides yet another answer

Trade skill trphies and skill modifiers do not raise your skill lvl, but raise the sucess rate even when your skill is at lvl 250. Why would the hardest item in the game to make (tradeskill tropy) not help combinds at 250 skill? Skill modifiers increases the chance of sucess, it DOES NOT raise skill. This is a fact because lets say something is almost trivial and you euquipt a tradeskill modifyier, it DOES NOT become trivial, meaning that your skill level didnt change from the tradeskill bonus. If you have 250 skill and arent using tradeskill modifiers then your just plain ignorant. You wont catch me ever making a pottery combind without a gearlok and my tradeskill trophy adding 10 percent to sucess. While i dont have any raw data on sucess rates increasing at 250 skill with skill modifies, ive done enuff 250+ combinds (at least 50) to see a differance keeping other stats constant.

Croni RZ 250 potter / pot whore

Comment

You wont catch me ever making a pottery combind without a gearlok and my tradeskill trophy adding 10 percent to sucess.
                Didn't everyone say trophy and geerlok don't stack?
                Raiya

Jinling

Comment

Yup, they don't stack.
                  Somnabulist Meisekimu
                  70 days of Coercive noctambulism (and 364 rude awakenings).

Comment

Re: logic provides yet another answer

Originally posted by Croni
                    Trade skill trphies and skill modifiers do not raise your skill lvl, but raise the sucess rate even when your skill is at lvl 250.
                    Croni, I hate to say it, but you are just wrong. (1) The designers have told us that max effective skill is 252 and that trade skill modifiers will raise the effective skill up to that max cap. (2) There are planar smithing, tailoring, and brewing items that have a minimum level needed before you can combine them. If you add a Geerlok, you are allowed to make them below when you normally would be able to. Therefore, the Geerlok increases your effective skill level.

Zep

68 Storm Warden of Tunare
                    Erollisi Marr

Comment

In addition

Also, by the same method, tradeskill modifier items were proven not to stack. A person at 191 smithing was not allowed to attempt a combine. A person at 191 + geerlok was allowed to attempt the combine (200 skill). And another person at 188 + gm item + geerlok was not allowed to attempt the combine. Or maybe it was tailoring. You can search around for the post. It was either ethereal sheets or ethereal threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X