Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for fishing, just invest in a bait dispenser (expecially if you want to fish for items for other tradeskills) buy a stack of fresh fish in PoK, make up a couple stacks of bait (stacks to 250) and have at it until your 200.. worked great for me that way and you can do other things based on your lvl like spell casting practice, non combat skill practice, talk with friends, or just work on that AT skill

Comment

I have to agree, making the Epicthieck's stuff is way too expensive for a viable skill-up route on tailoring. Even if a person is made of plat, it should only be used in the 243-252 range.

Instead, an alternative is expert's symbols from 200-222. Drachnid silk drops often and one can readily farm lambent stones and make some plat, or just vendor buy them as they are all over the place... kinda pricey buying them from vendor tho.

From 223-231 make barbed whip stocks. Hynid manes drop a lot.
      232-242 the traditional acrylia method, or some of the velious masks (trivial at 252, but you need a lot of stuff)

From 253-276 prepared sporali skin.
      277-282 Holgresh fur moccasins
      283-295 othmir fur cloak.
      296-300 ice silk whatever, or don cultural.
      Cariella - Level 55 Drakkin Warrior on Tunare.

-300 Tailoring.
      -200 Brewing
      -300 Smithing
      -200 Baking
      -200 Pottery
      -200 Fletching
      -200 Jewelcrafting
      -200 Fishing
      -224 Begging
      Aspiring to become the first 300 Drakkin Smith/Tailorer on Tunare. And succeeded
      Making GM smithed/tailored armor on Tunare for very reasonable rates on the following races, Drakkin both smithed and tailored, HIE, both smithed and tailored (only smithing 1, but salvage 3), Human, tailoring only ATM, Wood Elf, any combine, master artisan. Please contact me in game by mail or tell.

Comment

Baking triv 282 alternative

Jord Meat Pie trivial 282 gave me some easy skillups. You just need some eggs and some Jord meat and just two combines.
        Last edited by Kumudil; 07-25-2006, 08:23 AM.
        Kumudil

Comment

Pottery

I recommend the Unfired Poison Vial vice the Unfired Large Bowl. The vial is significantly cheaper and, with Crow's Special Brew, can be all store bought (or partially farmed for those really trying to save cp's). A large bowl scetch is 1.5p, total for all components of a unfired poison vial is less than .5p.
          Arfyak Reflux
          "Is that fresh, killed today?"
          of Brell

Comment

One day of farming (3 hours) on a 70 warrior in ML yeilded the following rockhopper hides:

87 Damaged
            98 Low Quality
            78 Medium Quality
            14 High Quality (was surprised at how low that count was)
            59 Supurb
            45 Flawless

I always knew the flawless rockhopper hides were common, never knew they were that common tho. I always seen them for sale in the bazaar 150-500pp when they were in my skill-up range. So I always assumed they were rare w/o actually going out to farm them. Now I feel like a stoop for when I got all excited for getting them at 100pp ea thinking it was a hot deal.

After seeing how common they do indeed drop, I take back my earlier post. Use them for skilling up 223-242. As we all know acrylia drops even more common then the hides, so that is not really a concern. 243-252 I reevaluated as the best skill-up route is arctic wyvern hides and cobalt drake hides / velium method. Farming flawlesses at that rate, 14 days of playing time can yield you 430-830 range or there abouts range of flawlesses. Which is more then enough to skill from 223-242 unless you have a really crappy run in with the RNG like my rogue is having >
            Cariella - Level 55 Drakkin Warrior on Tunare.

-300 Tailoring.
            -200 Brewing
            -300 Smithing
            -200 Baking
            -200 Pottery
            -200 Fletching
            -200 Jewelcrafting
            -200 Fishing
            -224 Begging
            Aspiring to become the first 300 Drakkin Smith/Tailorer on Tunare. And succeeded
            Making GM smithed/tailored armor on Tunare for very reasonable rates on the following races, Drakkin both smithed and tailored, HIE, both smithed and tailored (only smithing 1, but salvage 3), Human, tailoring only ATM, Wood Elf, any combine, master artisan. Please contact me in game by mail or tell.

Comment

I would add Palladium Fire Opal Ring, it's a level 1 70 HP ring. On Luclin, Scale ore is about 250 plat each, and the Fire opal is 50 plat. The Palladium Fire Opal Rings should sell quickly at 200-300 plat, so in my opinion, it would be much better than some other routes. (I did Velium BD, and GSC, so I'm not sure, but it seems to probably be better.)
              Kyroskrane tells you, 'AwwoooOOOOooAaawwaa!'

Comment

Spell Research

Instead of training runes, buy an advanced research book in Abysmal Sea for 52.5p (select one appropiate for class) and do LoY swatches..trivials are 92 to 154. It is easy to find the parts for first 3 swatches (e.g. Rune of Socery, Essence of Rathe, Tears of Prexus) which will take you to 132. It is still possible to find parts for remaining three levels, just becomes progessively rare.

There is quest in Gunthak to get a free research book, but you need to be 101+ in research to receive book. Buying the book will allow you research the first two swatches prior to reaching 101+. After trying to find runes for wizard, i gave up and used swatches to go from 61 to 128 (and still currently checking merchants for swatch components).
                Last edited by adrift; 08-21-2006, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Tinkering Suggestions

I'm new to tinkering but my gnome chanter found these recipes cheap, easy, and fast to get to 135.

Flameless Lantern 68
                  Stalking Probe 102
                  Powered Gloves 122
                  Tinkered Catapult 135

Powered Gloves and Tinkered Catapult were very easy and cheap. Saved a lot of time from farming for geerlocks to say the least.

Ozadar of the 70th Corpse
                  Erudite Tradeskiller of Zek
                  Member of 1450 Club

Baking - 264
                  Brewing - 250
                  Fletching - 251
                  Jewelry - 266
                  Pottery - 249
                  Smithing - 233
                  Tailoring - 223
                  Research - 200
                  Fishing - 200

(+5-8% to all skills) + Salvage 3

Comment

Originally posted by Ozadar
                    Powered Gloves 122
                    Tinkered Catapult 135

Powered Gloves and Tinkered Catapult were very easy and cheap. Saved a lot of time from farming for geerlocks to say the least.
                    I think if you buy the acrylia for 10 pp each (I got them in bulk (a few hundred) for 8-9pp each), the Geerlok Hammers are only 25-30 plat, which is cheaper than both Powered Gloves and Tinkered Catapults. Prices on acrylia always depend on server though. Also, I prefer more combines of one item rather than 3 different combines if there isn't that much of a difference in plat (MTP from 192+ rather than 10 lb pies then MTPs, or switching directly to Gold Malachite Bracelet after Electrum Malachite Bracelet).

Comment

Originally posted by Lillanu
                      I think if you buy the acrylia for 10 pp each (I got them in bulk (a few hundred) for 8-9pp each), the Geerlok Hammers are only 25-30 plat, which is cheaper than both Powered Gloves and Tinkered Catapults. Prices on acrylia always depend on server though.
                      I believe the hammers were included because it's rather easy to FARM acrylia which makes the price even lower.

Alliance Artisan
                      Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Elyssanda
                        I believe the hammers were included because it's rather easy to FARM acrylia which makes the price even lower.
                        Yep, and I meant that even buying the acrylia is still cheaper than powered gloves/tinkered catapults

Comment

Originally posted by Lillanu
                          I think if you buy the acrylia for 10 pp each (I got them in bulk (a few hundred) for 8-9pp each), the Geerlok Hammers are only 25-30 plat, which is cheaper than both Powered Gloves and Tinkered Catapults. Prices on acrylia always depend on server though. Also, I prefer more combines of one item rather than 3 different combines if there isn't that much of a difference in plat (MTP from 192+ rather than 10 lb pies then MTPs, or switching directly to Gold Malachite Bracelet after Electrum Malachite Bracelet).
                          Powered Gloves cost 42.071p and trivial at 122.
                          Tinkered Catapults cost 32.238p and trivial at 135.
                          Geerlok Hammers cost 30.448p + the cost/time of acrylia and trivial at 215.

My suggestion would be dependant on if you are/know a decent fletcher.

1) If so, skip the gloves and do catapults up to 135, then switch to Geerloks.

2) If not, then see if you can get the acrylia for cheaper than 11.623 each (or have the patience to farm and save that much per combine.)
                          a) If you can't, do Powered Gloves to 122, then switch to Geerloks.
                          b) If you can, then go directly to Geerloks.

So, pretty much, it depends on your bow supply and/or your acrylia supply.

Comment

Sub 100 tailoring

Not sure if I missed this combine, so:

Greyhopper Hide Mask - 1x greyhopper hide(Marus Seru) + Mask pattern(5silver 2copper) Trivial 88

-- or --

Greyhopper Hide Boots - 1x greyhopper hide(Marus Seru) + Boot pattern(5silver 2copper) Trivial 95

I did masks to 75, then boots to 95 - took 60 greyhopper hides for a total cost of 3pp 12sp.
                            Last edited by Mukkle; 10-01-2006, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Ahh, Sticky went away!

Comment

I noticed this they unstickied it../sniff.
                                Strokker~Fennin Ro
                                What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.John Myer~Hellboy 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X