X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I just have more time than plat

Comment

The LoY swatches link under spell research points to the trophy bags.
      Shortmid Isnotadruid
      70 Halfling Ranger
      Brindlewood Leader
      Bert (TP)

Comment

fixed
        Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
        70 Paladin of Tunare
        My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
        (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
        (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
        Salvage3
        Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
        Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

It would be really helpful if you would denote some combines that are used in other combines (possibly related to other tradeskills). For example:

- Fetid Essence (Brewing) is needed for Bile Spine (Smithing)
          - Woven Mandrake is needed to make Picnic Baskets (both Tailoring)

Also, the Picnic Baskets require Steel Boning (smithing, triv. 37) which might as well be part of your skill-up path for smithing if you happen to need to start both.

Comment

Originally posted by Grolyn
            I would also suggest offering corathus entrail as an alternative skillup path over acrylis reinforced gorget. Suberb sking are rare and often very expensive in bazaar while corathus entrail are common and you'd only need to spend a little over 200pp per attempt. Defiantly faster as there's less farming required.

Was just wondering what the resale value on these is....if any? 200 pp per combine is a lot to me

Comment

Entrails+2 Ribbons for two combines assuming you don't fail first combine (400 plat if you farm entrails). The second combine yields 5, and the item it yields sells to a vendor for ~50. So around 75((400-250)/2) plat per combine if you do your own farming.
              Kyroskrane tells you, 'AwwoooOOOOooAaawwaa!'

Comment

Fletching 183 - 202

This combine Class 1 Steel Point Arrow (large Groove) is around 1pp less than the one you suggest (if I've done my math right). I actually use it for 162 - 202. Anyone else have the same experience?

Great guide btw! Love it!
                Last edited by Rundle Allnighter; 06-05-2006, 12:41 AM.
                Rundle Allnighter
                Warrior of The Tribunal (formally of Ayonae Ro)
                80 seasons spent defending Norrath

Comment

Another aletnative to brewing is Fish Fungus Wine to 282 and then Blindfish Pale Ale to 295. Both using fish fished in DoD zones.
                  Shortmid Isnotadruid
                  70 Halfling Ranger
                  Brindlewood Leader
                  Bert (TP)

Comment

suggestions on fletching

Just a couple of thoughts on fletching as I was working on it tonight. You use the discordian or seratted tips to skill fletching to 237, but the step to actually make those arrowheads can get you to 188. Having done the freebie to 54 I had about a bag of chunks to do the initial convertion on and was able to not only skill from 162-188 making the arrowheads, but then turned around and immediately used those to skill to 237 (and rng was with me, I had some serrated arrowheads left over).

Also, a side suggestion if you want to save some plat on the bows. Standard bow cams are around 37plat in PoK at 365 cha. I happen to be a tinker but if you have a bot or a tinker friend, standard bow cams are less that 10 plat to tinker at a 75 trivial (keep in mind tinkering starts at 50). Saves you about 50pp per combine.

Comment

213 - 252 Epicthieck's Power Beltthen Small Epicthieck's Power Belt
                      253 - 262 Othmir Fur Cap

I am wondering the thinking on these combines (after a particularly frustrating run with the power belts). If I am doing the math correctly it seems Othmir Fur caps are tons cheaper. Here's my math:

Epitheck - 1 corrathus entrail (Free if farmed), 2 platinum threads(209p each), skinning knife (lets just say free after first combine). So 418p per two combines with the second combine giving a buyback of 47.6p for 5 items. Assuming you 100% of the time had zero failures the cost of this combine is 91p.

Othmir - Othmir fur*2 (free if farmed), cap pattern (5 silver), SIlver Thread (1p), Emerald (13.6p), Poison vial (1.5p), and the cost of a chanter (free if you have a friend or are like me and are one). So that's 16.15p per combine with a buyback of zero.

So why would you spend your hard earned plat on the entrails combine when othmir furs are a much cheaper combine. Of course if your a bazaar tailorer then epithek is a cheaper combine as othmir furs seems to sell for about 500+ while the entrails sell between 75p and 250p each so that will significantly change your ratio. But since farming each of these mobs is about as easy as gaining the plat required to buy the components it seems like a nil issue.

I guess what I'm asking is, am I missing something?

Comment

Othmir farming involves trashing a faction. Many people prefer not to do that.

Comment

And for those that values othmir faction or are too lazy to farm, othmir fur usually sells for around 500 on Maelin so that is more expensive than the corathus entrail route.

Comment

Originally posted by Krioni1979
                            213 - 252 Epicthieck's Power Beltthen Small Epicthieck's Power Belt
                            253 - 262 Othmir Fur Cap

I am wondering the thinking on these combines (after a particularly frustrating run with the power belts). If I am doing the math correctly it seems Othmir Fur caps are tons cheaper. Here's my math:

Epitheck - 1 corrathus entrail (Free if farmed), 2 platinum threads(209p each), skinning knife (lets just say free after first combine). So 418p per two combines with the second combine giving a buyback of 47.6p for 5 items. Assuming you 100% of the time had zero failures the cost of this combine is 91p.

Othmir - Othmir fur*2 (free if farmed), cap pattern (5 silver), SIlver Thread (1p), Emerald (13.6p), Poison vial (1.5p), and the cost of a chanter (free if you have a friend or are like me and are one). So that's 16.15p per combine with a buyback of zero.

So why would you spend your hard earned plat on the entrails combine when othmir furs are a much cheaper combine. Of course if your a bazaar tailorer then epithek is a cheaper combine as othmir furs seems to sell for about 500+ while the entrails sell between 75p and 250p each so that will significantly change your ratio. But since farming each of these mobs is about as easy as gaining the plat required to buy the components it seems like a nil issue.

I guess what I'm asking is, am I missing something?
                            Also, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I think the farm rate on one Corathus Entrails is better than two othmir fur...

Comment

204 - 216 Fine Vellum Parchment solution
                              217 - 243 Runic Parchment Solution
                              244 - 262 Any spell thats 262 trivial
                              263 - 292 Any spell thats 292 trivial
                              293 - 300 Any spell thats 292+ trivial
                              I was wondering... Wouldn't it be better to add in some level 61 spells (231 triv)? On Luclin anyways, used parchments are around 50 plat each... which I think would make them cheaper than Runic Parchment solutions (if you saved your parchment solutions anyway).

Comment

For fishing it's probably better to just fish. I spent 3k pp from 0-53 in fishing doing the celedine herb combines and then switched to fishing in north karana. Fishing goes up about as fast and I was able to forage plains pebbles at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X