300 Fletching + level 6 trophy
    300 Jewelery + level 6 trophy
    276 Pottery + level 5 trophy
    300 Tailoring + level 5 trophy + TM3 AA

Forest Scion Tillaini Stormblade
    Officer of The Stone Coven, Cazic-Thule Server

Comment

Originally posted by ldymech
      Also, Ethereal Silk Swatch trivials at 212 but requires a skill of 220. What's the point?
      The point of things like this is, it's not supposed to be a skill up path, but only for it's destined use. the fact that we choose to make it a skill up path when we have trophies/geerloks, doesn't negate it's intended purpose.

Alliance Artisan
      Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Secone
        For alternative skilling up path, check out DoN Cultural tailoring.
        They are not all good skill up path for every race, because of the different items needed farmed.
        Change this to DoN Expert Symbol's(Aug's). Or at least for the effective ranges.

Ive posted/suggested this skill up path on multiple board but seems people keep trying to do the armour. The armour is completely different quest than the slot 11 Augments. The Augments have the same trivial range as the armour but are much easier to do and cost less.

Drachnid Swatch (Drachnid Spider Silk x 2) + Augment Pattern + Bleesed Water (Lambent Stone + Deity specific Water) = 182 - 222 Trivial.

I "guess" this would have to be an alternative route as you have to be level 35 to do the Symbol Quest vs. level 15 for DoN Armour/Symbol, but the skill up route is much easier, imho, than LoY Ribbons or using up your corathus entrails so early in the skill up process. Also the Drachnid's and Lambent stones are both decent xp for those lvl 35-40'ish if you can find a group.

Safe Hunting's and may the force(RNG) be with you...
        Any comments are welcome.

AND this is an awsome guide, keep it up!!! The Bible to ALL trade skills. 3.0 and it keeps getting better
        Last edited by AbyssalMage; 05-11-2006, 05:16 AM.
        What is all the fuss about? So I forgot to pick you up at work...I just gained a level !!! -Favorite last words as I sleep on the couch

Comment

About Alchemy:
          Originally posted by Secone
          Actually, Nodding Blue Lily can also be Foraged in the Dreadlands, which make the level X potions that are more useful for higher-level characters (triv 348?). With the Forage AAs maxed, the forage rate for these is fairly reasonable -- especially if your forager is on a 2nd account, you can do other things on the main account and get audio reminders to forage.

First, record a custom sound: start the sound recorder a second or 2 after you hit forage, then say "Forage ready" or whatever when the button un-greys. Then, put this in your EQ audio triggers directory. Finally, link it to the messages messages you get ("You have foraged","You fail to find" or whatever the exact text is).

(WinEQ works nicely for running 2 sessions, especially where 1 is doing nothing risky, eg standing around in the 'hidden valley' in the Dreadlands. The author of WinEQ also has written a Log Parser called Fury that can do the text-to-speech stuff with delays as necessary, as an alternative to the delayed audio trigger method - this only looks at the EQ log file, but many people are not comfortable with 3rd party apps).
          Last edited by Gaell Stormracer; 04-26-2006, 06:56 AM.
          Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

This is my Tradeskill Bible lol.
            Shortmid Isnotadruid
            70 Halfling Ranger
            Brindlewood Leader
            Bert (TP)

Comment

Proper Credits

Secone,

Sincere apologies if I credited you incorrectly before. I had indeed copied your Guide v2.0 over to my Guild Website and stated the credits as "EQ Traders" vice Secone. I'm in the process of copying over the 3.0 and am ensuring proper credits this time!

Quoted from The Complete Tradeskill Guide v3.0, authored by Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle 70 Paladin of Tunare
              Great job. You should have a Diety named after you in the next expansion.
              Last edited by Drazzminius; 05-01-2006, 12:51 PM.
              Mikaal Drazzminius
              Tier'Dal Necromancer
              Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
              Necrotalk Admin
              EQ Traders Super Moderator
              EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Thank you
                Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
                70 Paladin of Tunare
                My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
                (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
                (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
                Salvage3
                Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
                Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

Tinkering Freebie

Tinkering is the only Abysmal Freebie not listed. I added it to the carryover's on my Guild Website.

Tinkering Freebie: Help Skelontorim.

Again, great job!
                  Mikaal Drazzminius
                  Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                  Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Gnomes get a base skill of 50 at birth. There is not much to doing the freebie task to get 4 points.
                    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

agree
                      Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
                      70 Paladin of Tunare
                      My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
                      (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
                      (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
                      Salvage3
                      Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
                      Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

I Acquiesce...

LOL, only made the recommendation for consistency.

Either way, impressive job on the lists and to all whom have given their input.
                        Mikaal Drazzminius
                        Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                        Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Doing tailoring I stuck with othmir fur to 295 mainly due to the mana vial cost being so low. Othmir Fur Moccasins to 268, then Othmir Fur Cloak to 295.
                          Master Artisan Hidron
                          Veritable Quandary
                          Drinal

Comment

Baking and Brewing Freebies?

Originally posted by Drazzminius
                          Tinkering is the only Abysmal Freebie not listed. I added it to the carryover's on my Guild Website.

Tinkering Freebie: Help Skelontorim.

Again, great job!
                          Actually I don't See the Baking Freebie:

Baking Freebie: Ordin's Tasks

or Brewing Freebie:

Brewing Freebie: Work for Yitimis

In the guide either... Is there some particular reason to skip these and make fish rolls and fetid essence?

Excellenct guide, and as I'm about to seriously start alchemy on my SHaman, I'm sure I'll be using it.. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Other Freebies...

Wow, I completely overlooked them. Prolly because I'd already gotten 200+ in each of them, but still....
                            Mikaal Drazzminius
                            Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                            Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Baking and brewing skillup are so cheap and it's actually easier and better to skip the freebies. I mean you got to do almost 400 combines just to get to mid 50's using freebie quests vs less than 100 if you skipped it.

The only reason one should do the freebie is to be able to self refine GOD materials.

You can also skip the freebie quests for other tradeskill but the cost would be signifint compred to baking and brewing.

Comment

• Working...
                                X