Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to Master Poison Making

Beenbsin's Master Poison Making Skill up guide Guide

This is my little guide to taking you to master in poison making. This is my first guild but I hope it will not be my last. This is also made by a rogue for other rogue's to use. I try to include everything that I can into this so that way you do not have to go to links that take you to different pages and take up more time for you then it would just to copy and paste or type a name and location. I would like feedback on this if you are willing. Any comments are appreciated and accepted.

Vials:
    Vials can either be made by you (cheaper in the long run but takes more time) or bought from other players (can get REALLY expensive and that is if you can even find them). I personally recomend making them yourself. It may take longer but you can't always find the vials you need and you do not want to depend on anyone else cause they will not always be there. One thing you can be sure of is that you will have one of these every time you try to make a poison.

Note: I will not tell you how to get your pottery up to make the Unfired Vials in this guide. There are very good guides to do this on the site EQTraders.com (this site if you didn't know). This is a guide for Poison Making not Pottery and Poison Making, though pottery is kinda required. =p

Poison Vial:
    1. High Quality Firing Sheet (bought in same place as Crows special brew)
    2. Unfired Poison Vial (1x Crows special brew, 1x small block of clay, 1x Vial sketch, 1x water flask in a pottery wheel (Trivial 148)
    3. Combine in a Kiln (trivial 17)

Vial Components:
    Crows Special Brew: Bought from Malkidiv U'Ycionuz in Abysmal Sea @ neg 248, pos 210, pos 99 in the hold or Hiloan O'Yviania @ -242, 232, 99 (Cost 3s1c)

Small block of clay: same as Crows Special Brew (Cost 1s5c)

Vial sketch: same as above (cost 3g1s5c)

Lined Poison Vial:
    1. High Quality Firing Sheet (bought in same place as Crows special brew)
    2. Unfired Lined Poison Vial (1x Lined Vial Sketch, 1x Small block of clay, 1x Water Flask, 1x Various Pelts** in a pottery wheel (Trivial 168)
    3. Combine in a Kiln (Trivial 17)

**Various pelts include Crows Special Brew (hey I know it is not a pelt but it works so it is here), almost all wolf pelts (black*, white*, HQ - LQ wolf), Cat pelts (Lion*, Puma*, Tiger*, and HQ - LQ cat), Bear (Grizzly*, Polar*, HQ - LQ bear), and Zombie skins.
    *Includes HQ to LQ Versions

Now on to the poisons............
    These are a few ways to get your skill up. One is by purchasing everything you can and the other is by farming.... though you will have to farm either way at some point and time to master the skill.

If you have alot of plat and don't care where it goes do this:

All Combines listed take place in a Mortar and Pestle!

This route is a "Quest", at least it is till skill 54. Go to Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix' in Abysmal sea and You say, 'Hail, Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix'
    After the dialog you say 'I am willing.' Then after that dialog you say 'What muramite blood?' After that dialog you say 'How can I be useful?'. After that you do the combines for him and turn them in 4 at a time UNstacked. After you make about 100 of each and turn them in you will be able to go to the next combine by saying 'How can I be useful?' or just hail him. I am not sure as I myself did not go this route.

Simple Solvents:
    1. 1x Ounce of Mild Acid*
    2. 1x Vial of Abysmal Sea water*
    3. Combine (Trivial 38)
    *Purchased from Uiyaniv Tu'Vrozix @ neg 191, pos 229, pos 96 in Abysmal Sea - Hold area

Simple Contact Poison:
    1. 1x Ounce of weak spider venom*
    2. 1x Vial of simple suspension*
    3. Combine (Trivial 46)
    *Purchased from Uiyaniv Tu'Vrozix

Simple Injected Poison:
    1. 1x Ounce of weak snake venom*
    2. 1x Vial of simple solvent* (this is NOT simple solvent from the step above)
    3. Combine (Trivial 54)

Anti-element: (Trivial jump here)
    1. 1x Lined Poison Vial
    2. 1x suspension
    3. 1x Ground Garlic*
    4. 1x Red Hellebore*
    5. Combine (Trivial 76)

Atrophic Sap: (Another jump)
    1. 2x Alocasia Root*
    2. 1x Lined Poison Vial
    3. 1x Constrict Suspension*
    4. Combine (Trivial 98)

Aching Blood:
    1. 2x Lactera*
    2. 1x Lined Poison Vial
    4. Combine (Trivial 108)

Conga'rats!!! You have mastered the art of Poison Making!

Another way ( the way I like though is more time consuming though you get poisons earlier) is:

All Combines listed take place in a Mortar and Pestle!

Step One:
    1. 2x Asp or Spider poison sac (Asp's in East Commons, Carrion and Crag Spiders in East Karana)
    2. 1x Poison Vial (see above)
    3. 1x Suspension (Abysmal sea: bought same place as Crows Special brew)
    4. Combine (Spider Trivial 16, Asp Trivial 24)

Step Two:
    1. 2x Basilisk Eye Stalk
    2. 1x Lined Poison Vial (see above)
    3. 1x Suspension (see above)
    4. Combine (Trivial 32)

Step Three: (Small skill jump here)
    1. 2x Putrid Bile (Dropped from a fire drake and a Magma War Drake in Lavastorm Mountains)
    2. 1x Lined Poison Vial (see above)
    3. 1x Suspension (see above)
    4. Combine (Trivial 56)

Step Four:
    1. 2x ichor (dropped from Wooly, Giant, and Gigantic wooly spiders in Everfrost Peaks)
    2. 1x Lined Poison Vial
    3. 1x Giant wasp venom sack
    4. 1x Suspension
    5. Combine (Trivial 66)

Step Five:
    1. 2x Embalming dust (Various Mummies in East Commonlands, and where other mummies are found)
    2. 1x Lined poison Vial
    3. 1x Suspension
    4. Combine (Trivial 76)

Step Six:
    1. 2x Succulent Sap (Dropped off a Thorny Succulent, a Prickly Succulent, and Succulent Model in Overthere)
    2. 1x Lined Poison Vial
    3. 1x Suspension
    4. Combine (Trivial 87)

Step Seven: (a bit of a jump here)
    1. 2x Coyotetail*
    2. 1x Lined Poison Vial
    4. 1x Muddite Mud (Found on various Muddites in Gorge of King Xorbb.... for those of who do not know where this is it is off of East Karana and/or Runnyeye)
    5. Combine (Trivial 108)
    *Purchased from Uiyaniv Tu'Vrozix @ neg 191, pos 229, pos 96 in Abysmal Sea - Hold area

Conga'rats! You have now mastered the art of Poison Making!
    Last edited by Gnomeyboy; 03-17-2006, 05:50 PM.

Don't forget - FREE to 54 doing the GoD quest.

Comment

Ahh. yes I forgot to put that down LOL. sorry all for the confusion. Will edit my other post to make it correct.

Comment

how about over 100?

Comment

I made a list which I never published because it's intended to be part of a larger guide to be finished sometime between now and, oh, the year 2056 or so, LOL. Most of my pre-100 list is similar to the one here, so I won't bother listing that stuff, but I'll chime in for the over 100 part for ya, and add a few other notes of possible interest since it'll probably be a long long time before my own huge guide is finished.

Mind you, my list is not intended to show the cheapest way of skilling up. My primary concern was "the path of least resistance". With that in mind, this list is for recipes where all the ingredients can be merchant-bought. You can skill up as high as 275 on merchant-bought stuff.

As Gnomeyboy noted in his post, Aching Blood will take you all the way to skill 108. I'm making a few huge leaps here, but they really aren't so bad as they look.

From 108-172, make Beastchoker:
          -Sealed Poison Vial
          -Constrict Suspension
          -Chunk of Meat (Buy in East Freeport from Lunce Nasin in Seafarer's Roost)
          -Castorbean (Buy in East Freeport Arena from Eyasie Dyrius or Quareran Borius; can also buy from poison merchants in Abysmal Sea)
          -Hound's Tongue (Buy from same merchants as Castorbean, above)

================================================== ========

*Side note here: Another method which can be used up to skill 159 is to make Nematocyst Poison. The bad news about this is you need to go fishing in Gulf of Gunthak to get one of the ingredients, Ovate Jellyfish. The good news is that Nematocyst is an EXCELLENT poison to use at lower skill levels when you aren't yet good enough or high enough in level to use the PoP poisons, so you can keep the stuff that you are skilling up with and use it in daily adventuring. Nematocyst is a "proc poison". You don't need apply poison skill to use it, just right-click it like you would a potion and it "casts" a buff on you. The buff stays for 10 minutes and procs the poison. The poison will do up to 75 points of straight damage every time it procs, depending on your rogue's level. Note that if you want to, you can put Nematocyst poison in your Ammo slot also and click it from there. Here's the recipe:

Nematocyst Poison:
          -Lined Poison Vial
          -Constrict Suspension
          -Ovate Jellyfish (Go fishing in Gulf of Gunthak)
          *Also, don't forget to check the merchants inside the Gunthak Lighthouse to see if they're selling the jellyfish. People fish in Gunthak for a spell quest and alot of the time they'll sell (especially to the ogre fishing merchant) the extra "junk" they fish up. I've found as much as 20+ stacks on the ogre merchant before.

You can also make Nematocyst Poison into 5 or 10 dose poisons later on if you complete your Grandmaster Assassin's Seal quest (more on that below).
          ================================================== ========

From skill 172-275 (yeah, another insane leap, lol) make Spirit of Sloth:
          -Sealed Poison Vial
          -Ethereal Suspension
          -2x Creeper Ivy (Buy in PoK poison shoppe, or Abysmal Sea merchants, or the merchants already mentioned in East Freeport Arena)

From 275-300, it gets rough on you. You can no longer skill up using only merchant-bought stuff. You're going to have to farm stuff or buy in bazaar or rely on your friends and guildmates to help you acquire ingredients.

There are several different thoughts for what to do in this range. If you do not have your Grandmaster Assassin's Seal quest finished, I don't recommend making PoP poisons because they all require advanced poison vials, which are a pain to make and cannot be purchased from npc merchants. If you DO have the quest finished, then PoP poisons are probably an easier way to go.

The reason the Grandmaster Assassin's Seal makes the PoP poison route easier is this: When you fail a combine on a PoP poison, you get back your advanced poison vial. When you combine 5 or 10 PoP poisons in the coffin bottles that the Grandmaster Assassin's Seal summons up, you get back ALL of your advanced poison vials. So, if you have Grandmaster Assassin's Seal, you can just go buy a stack or so of advanced poison vials in the bazaar (or make them, if you're inclined) and you can use them forever and ever. You will never need more, since you'll always get your vials back whether you fail the combine or succeed (and make 5 or 10 dose poisons to get back your vials).

Link to the quest:
          http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=2253

If you need to raise faction with Circle of Unseen hands, I recommend camping Guards Bixby and Philbin in Qeynos Hills. These two guards are stationed outside the tunnel leading to Surefall Glade. They are low level, easy to kill, and respawn fast.

Okay, if you have the Grandmaster Assassin's Seal, one of the easiest routes to 300, in my opinion, is to make Scoriae Bite:
          -Advanced Poison Vial
          -Celestial Suspension (requires sub-combine)
          -Drop of Mercury (requires sub-combine)
          -Golden Ember Powder (super-common drop from Plane of Innovation trash)
          -Phosphorous Powder (very common drop from various PoP trash in several zones)

Sub-combine for Celestial Suspension (Trivial 46):
          1) Get a mixing bowl
          2) In mixing bowl, combine (no-fail) to make Celestial Essence:
          -Celestial Solvent(from dark elf coffin merchant in West PoK, Darius Gandril)
          -The Scent of Marr (buy in West PoK, poison shoppe)
          3) In mortar and pestle combine to make Celestial Suspension:
          -Celestial Essence (from previous sub-combine, above)
          -Ethereal Suspension (buy in West PoK, poison shoppe)

Sub-combine for Drop of Mercury (Trivial 46, use mortar and pestle):
          -Mercuric Ore (Does NOT stack; buy in West PoK poison shoppe)
          -Gnomish Spirits (Buy in PoK from gnome merchant Caden Zharik, located near the small bank)
          NOTE: You get TWO Drop of Mercury from a successful combine.

The reason I advocate this particular recipe for skilling up over other PoP poison recipes is simply because the dropped ingredients (Golden Ember Powder and Phosphorous Powder) are INSANELY common drops. Alot of people will sell them to merchants, so check out merchants in PoK and PoTranquility for them. Check the bazaar for them (but don't pay over 5p in bazaar for them, it's too easy to farm this stuff to pay more). Ask your friends and guildmates to save it up for you or come along and group with you to farm it.

Now for you poor souls who DON'T yet have your Grandmaster Assassin's Seal. The following are what I believe to be your best options, just pick whichever one you like best:

Twisting Disorientation:
          -Sealed Poison Vial
          -Ethereal Suspension
          -Crystal Nightshade (buy from Abysmal Sea poison merchants or East Freeport Arena merchants)
          -Black Henbane (farm kobolds in Sol B - Nagafen's Lair)
          -Death Cap (again, farm kobolds in Sol B)

Mind Melt:
          -Sealed Poison Vial
          -Ethereal Suspension
          -Quicksilver (requires sub-combine)
          ==>Sub-combine in mortar and pestle:
          -Cinnabar (buy from Abysmal Sea poison merchants or East Freeport Arena merchants)
          -Gnomish Spirits (Buy in PoK from gnome merchant Caden Zharik, located near the small bank)
          -2x Mt. Death Mineral Salts (farm goblins in Mines of Nurga, Frontier Mtns., or Temple of Droga)

Soul Burn:
          -Sealed Poison Vial
          -Ethereal Suspension
          -2x Scorpikis Venom (farm from scorpikis mobs in Overthere, in the pit)

A few final thoughts; using poisons while adventuring:

I'm one of the rare rogues that uses poison constantly, even in exp grind groups. Just wanted to share with you the ones I think are nice choices for the daily grind. Some of these require a quested sketch as an ingredient, and the only one I would recommend for those who don't have Grandmaster Assassin's Seal is Nematocyst Poison. Rather than put the recipes here, I'll just name the poisons and their effects. The recipes can be found here on EQtraders in the appropriate section.

If you have Grandmaster Assassin's Seal, you can combine ALL of these poisons in your summoned coffin bottles to make 5 and 10 dose poisons.

These are all "proc poisons". You do not require the apply poisons skill to use them. Just right-click them like a potion and you will "cast" the poison (like casting a spell) and get a buff that procs the poison. The proc buff will last 10 or 15 minutes depending on which poison you use, and it will stay with you even if you are zoning.

1) Nematocyst Poison, proc 75 points of direct damage from poison
          -This one is cheap, easy, and nice. Gets your fishing skill up, too.

2) Bite of the Shissar, proc 125 points of direct damage from poison

3) Dreams of Drusella, proc hate reduction
          -This will help you to avoid stealing aggro from your tanks
          -This poison requires either the quested "Remiss Sketch" or the "Master
          Poison Sketch" (Master is result of finishing all 4 sketch quests). To get
          your Remiss Sketch, go to Kelethin rogue's guild and pickpocket an NPC
          named Expin until you get a crumpled note. Give him back his note and
          he gives you the sketch.

4) Mangled Tendon, proc hate reduction and debuffs mob STR by 60 points
          -The mob will hit for less damage with its strength debuffed
          -The hate reduction part is primarily just to cancel out the extra hate
          you would get from debuffing the mob's strength

5) Rage of Incapacitation, proc hate reduction and debuffs mob DEX 60 points
          *In case anyone is curious, this is the poison I use regularly and like the
          most.
          -The mob will land hits less often with its dexterity debuffed
          -Also thought by some that debuffing dexterity lowers frequency of flurries
          and rampages (not confirmed to my knowledge)
          -The hate reduction part is primarily just to cancel out the extra hate
          you would get from debuffing the mob's dexterity
          -This poison requires either the quested "Sluggish Sketch" or the final
          "Master Poison Sketch". To get your Sluggish Sketch, go to Plane of Hate
          and kill the named abhorrent, Avatar of Abhorrence (Level 55, he will try
          to snare / DoT his targets), and loot from him the Shrieking Ahlspiess.
          Even though I have read that normal abhorrents can drop it also, I farmed
          them for two weeks and never saw it. When I went after the Avatar, he
          dropped it on the first kill. Once you have the Shrieking Ahlspiess, give it
          to Ysanna MacGibbon in the rogue area of Halas and she will give you the
          sketch.

I personally shy away from poisons that proc stuns because I don't like the
          extra hate they generate. Also, I stay away from DoT poisons because if something goes wrong and I need to burn escape, a DoT poison on a mob will
          stick you back on the mob's hate list one tick later, making it pointless to use
          escape.

Higher Dexterity will make your poisons proc more frequently and will also help you to skill up faster in poison making; so make the investment in your dexterity if you want to use poisons, folks; it's worth it.

Good luck!
          Qmaus' Magelo

Comment

Working...
          X