This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipes Still Missing?

I have two items left for the Freeport Tradeskill quest...

Tonic of Regeneration, and Distillate of Regeneration. There might be numbers by those...I can check if it makes a difference.

I'm ready to make them. I have the will. I have the skill.

I don't have the recipe...this doesn't seem too fun then, as I have no clue how to find out the recipe. And I've put a lot of time into completing the others, and I know other players with higher level toons and higher skill levels (and I assume thus a different list of tradeskill recipes) have successfully completed higher level tradeskill quests for their trophies. So the lowbies aren't to be left behind...right?

Can anyone direct me please?

first off you WILL need to know if they have a number next to them... then figure out the appropriate vial... then i suggest purchaseing the book off of Jorlan Hedgeway called "letters to Jonas vol 6" this will give you a perspective of the active ingredeant and its "booster" drop item IF needed. i do beleive the heals and cures are talked about on page 5 6 and 7. but i also suggest reading all of the books he has to offer...

sorry i cant be more help. but its late here, been up too long, and going to bed....

Good luck in your quest...

Comment

Ok the Tonic is I and the Distillate is IX. I'll try buying and reading all of Jorlan's books--hopefully I can get the info from those! Or if anyone else figures it out...

Comment

Well two of the books on the vendors there talk about cutting augs. Two talks about what sounds like poisons (throwing things better). And Jorlan's books talk about cold resists, cures, etc.

The potions I need, of course, weren't mentioned nor alluded to. And there are no other books. I am guessing that the potions I need to make extend buffs--but of course I have to guess, since there are no hints in any of those books.

This typifies my experience trying to get this info off npcs and is why early in the game I decided it wasn't the path to figure things out as putting in tons of time with no reward isn't the most fun thing...maybe I'll see if alchemy (as this stuff I'm doing IS alchemy) vendors in pok have any books that I haven't already checked for info that isn't there on the Abysmal Sea ones!

Barring that I'll wait till someone with an inside contact with trader designers finds out the recipe, or someone smarter than me somehow does it.

I sure don't think it is fair that higher skilled people get the recipes in the books for their quest items, while mine may or may not even exist in the game atm. I know they do because I have other chars with recipes for every quest item for their trophies already available.

I guess the next question is...can I still make the old trophy?
        Last edited by Ideaz; 03-09-2006, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideaz
          I sure don't think it is fair that higher skilled people get the recipes in the books for their quest items, while mine may or may not even exist in the game atm. I know they do because I have other chars with recipes for every quest item for their trophies already available.
          Ahem. That'd be because people here and on the Cruicible forums shared information and testing to figure out the recipes. Not because the Devs handed out the recipes to everyone else with 'high skill'. If you don't want to figure it out yourself, wait a few weeks for someone else to do the work.

I guess the next question is...can I still make the old trophy?
          Yes -- and it is required for the level 5 and 6 trophies.
          Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

As I said, I'll wait for people smarter than me to figure these out. There aren't as many doing this quest at lower levels I suspect.

I don't have time to randomly combine the many ingredients on these vendors, and I actually don't understand how people narrow down their choices. There are many potion vials available. There are many ingredients available.

And although I know only one of the several choices for potion vials are needed in each recipe, each ingredient that is possible to combine could be in multiples of one, two, three or four. So the possible combinations are astronomical. I don't believe people just randomly combine therefore.

I don't start even knowing how many items are to be combined, whatever their identity. Five? Four? Six? No idea.

So I think there is some kind of inside information going on here. Or please, enlighten me on the pattern.

Lets say you suspect you need sage leaf in a recipe. Do you try with one, two, three or four?

So stick a sage leaf with one vial of each type. Failure message. Try with two of each type. Failure message. Maybe you need two sage leaves and a yellow rheum. But you get no info to direct you closer, that I can see.

Totally random attempts, and if you get closer, you get the same message as if you are totally out of the ballpark. No way to narrow it down. So yeah, I think some insider info has to be going on.

Comment

If you'd actually bothered to read the threads in this forum, starting from when the Change went live, you'd see that the patterns have pretty much been figured out by people working on them - and Samanna has a pretty good guide to them.

But of course, you're welcome to stick to your conspiracy theories that confirm your belief that no-one else has done any work to figure this out, and has instead been spoon-fed by Developers.
              Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

Well the last resort of the incompetent who pretends he understands more than he does...insults. (Saying I "didn't bother to" whatever, lol!) So I return the favor--you don't know what you're talking about. You're full of hot air. Take it the way you intended me to take your insult, how about that?

You didn't say even in theory how it was possible to narrow down a recipe with ZERO hints in the npc recipe books. With ZERO hints if you get closer or farther when you try combines based on total guesses in the first place. With ZERO information on what the item effect is, how many ingredients it has, or ANY link to ANY past recipe from in game information, because the name is different from ANY previous recipe.

The books on Jorlan, which you directed me to, with arrogance considering your own, in retrospect, total ignorance on your part (you obviously hadn't read those books yourself or you'd have known they wouldn't help me), had ZERO hint, ZERO information to guide me to the recipes for the items I was needing.

I'll go check the link you gave, but my hopes for information are dim given your past record of poor advice.

If you intended no insult well I don't know what to say. But you've led me a wild goose chase so far and I do think you intended to insult me in your last post...so I'd like help from someone more knowledgeable and nicer next time, please. I don't post on here to get verbal abuse, FYI, I don't care how subtle you make it. Keep that in k-12 school please. I'm an adult and I don't put up with that stuff.

Comment

Well the link looks like it will be useful so thank you for the link, even though it did come with gratuitious insulting...

I still have no idea how anyone could possible by random combines have figured it out (inside information--meaning NOT in game information--is my primary suspect till pointed to the source in game or otherwise enlightened by those who discovered this stuff).

Possibly they're just way smarter than me at this type of thing...and I'd love those people to walk me through an example of their thought patterns, as I'd love to learn from them. Without any insults, as those I won't put up quietly with no matter what they have to offer. I've had enough of schoolyard behavior in EQ and I won't accept it.

Comment

Recipe Information for Tonic of Regeneration Affinity I, Trivial 95

Larkspur
                    Makeshift Potion Vial
                    2 Marsh Algae Leaf
                    Briar Thistle Thorn
                    Measure of Pickleberry Extract

Unfortunately I have to farm some ingredients to try out stuff for the other one it looks like.

Comment

Ok, closing this thread. start another if you like but keep it civil, no personal attacks and no ranting.
                      Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
                      Silky Moderator Lady
                      Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Working...
                      X