X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Baking Recipie in PoR

Attn: Bakers!
    There is at least 1 hidden food item to be found in the PoR expantion. No real headway was made in finding it in beta.

I told Ngreth I would post this on release day and move the hunt for it from beta to live. So keep an eye out for a combine that is not in the books.

Current Guess: This will be a new Misty Thicket Picknic or Bristlebanes Party Platter type of item combining multiple foods. ****This is only my guess****

Ngreth feel free to post anything you think appropriate pointing us twords or away from any food items that may seem "hidden" but arnt what were looking for. (for example not all the GoD style meat/veg recipies are mentioned in the books but arnt really hidden)
    I'm going to hit you until candy comes out!
    --Philiak Mortus Necromancer -Povar-

I still think the research trophy should be called "Philiak's Phantasmal Quill"

Going to wait at least a week until I even give any hints.

Nah. The eggs are spelled ou in one of the books

Originally posted by Chakua
    It was on a "Scrap of Paper" that I found. It's possible that there are more pages yet to be found.
    me?

would I EVER do anything like that?

I am purely inocent!

{walks away giggling}
    Last edited by Angelsyn; 03-29-2006, 03:10 AM. Reason: Making Room
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Is this where what I learned by accident and posted about comes into play?

(The eggs and such?)

Bristlebane's Champion meats,veggies,sauces,cheeses,picnic basket,qeynos juice DNC:-P
      Probally need stuff like candels and napkins? and some sorta desert?

How did you make the Bristlebane stuff?

I played around with allot of combonations there were also a few other unconfirmed items on the merchants that wasn't used either I think

Ok had an idear that the Bristlebane items are used in Subcombines then those are used to make the final combine gift basket whatever:-)
      Gonna try Dragon maonasee(sp) with vinagar to see if this make some kinda dressing and then combine with Bristlebane Champ veggies maybe:-)

Haha, and as everyone posts their ideas that they're trying, Ngreth can get all kinds of brilliant ideas for the future hehe

One idea would be to look for items (like end-combine foods) that were previously not TS-tagged but which are now. Anybody notice any such changes?

fennel and cream sounds like creamy fennel sauce... (fennel, cream, and 1 c flour)

Probably food item not drink item

"Wet and tasty" could be fish?

"oil of the brainless" = something to do with zombies?

ok tried combining creamy fennel sauce, dragon mayonaise,vegetable oil and dwarven stout as well as blacburrow stout with dnc on either mixing bowl or in a brewbarrel. if in a bowl cant be more than 4 so was trying different sub combines to include ingredients. and neither blackburrow stout creamy fennel sauce jug of sauces dragon mayonaise or vegetable oil combined together in the mixing bowl

try Dwarven dressing, rather than Dwarven stoout...

if its a mix of sauces, perhaps a mix of meats and cheeses?

Will try to track down some cheeses and give those a shot later.

Q

was actually thinking it might go on Ngreth's "pizza" talosian flat bread etc. dnc with just flat bread and sauce or flat bread sauce and either gouda cheese mature cheese and regular cheese. guess i need to find the meat

awesome cant wait to start trying

"taps foot" also testing sig

How are people making the Dragon Mayo?

When I put a dragon egg (foraged in Western Wastes) with a Dairy Spoon... I got Mixed Egg (20).

*EDIT*Gah... I misread the scrap of paper.

Says whip the OIL....

Jug of Sauces
      Dragon Mayo
      Drawven Dressing
      Vegetable Oil
      Creamy Fennel Sauce...Combiend these 5 in a spit.. failed the combine.. will keep working.. but with 336 skill thats one hefty combine...unless i am really unlucky...and have to go get more dragon eggs

Ok... those 5 sauces create the challenge sauce (details submitted in new item). Now to find the meat/veggie/cheese/whatnot to put it in.

Think we need to look around for more scraps of hints. First thought is Treant and Horse...

Mature Cheese + new sauce in mixing bowl/spit DNC.

Nest Drake Meat
      Hero Parts
      Hobgoblin Meat
      Mephit Meat
      Dragon Meat

Tried all with the new sauce in Mixing bowl DNC Just trying stuff with what i have odds and ends of in my bank. Still looking for some Horse meat and Treant Veggies. The buyer window shows, meat, cheese, sauce.

Hopefully there are separate recipes, like that slip of paper, for the meat and cheese and then the 3 are combined to form a new super food.

Originally posted by Zaltak
      Dwarven dressing,Dragon mayo,veggie oil,Jug of Sauces and Creamy Fennel sauce DNC in brew barrow:-P
      Maybe try to make treant heart oil?
      That is because it is combined in a spit/oven.

Originally posted by Kealii
      Guildies found this note:
      title: Fry your Food
      this note is rolled up
      wt. 5.0 size: small
      "peppers can be fried in a non stick pan with just a hint of grilling sauce to lubricate the pan.
      And to really bring out the taste in treant hearts boil some vegetable oil in a pot, and coat your treant heart in egg batter and taelosian mountain wheat. Dip it in the oil in the pot and you have a taste that will not match.
      If it is still not enough, whip some dragon oil many times in a mixing bowl using a spoon. this mixture will add flavor to many foods"
      Guessing these are 3 new recipes. The last one, is dragon mayo.

Have not tried the first 2 on the note.

"Far between the mountains of bad breath
      lies cheese and bread with fillings of red,
      hearts of trees powdered white and scorched,
      and the young of lizards boiled and dead
      while vegetables are frozen and torched.

All shall join in the challenge with the four
      to make one's tummy happy and sore."
      Wow.. This note is tougher than the last 2. The first item definitely sounds like the cheesy tomato taelosian mountain bread.

Treant hearts powdered in something white, it could be as simple as candied treant hearts but I have yet to find some treant hearts or horse meat in PoR to try anything with.

Vegetables frozen and torched. I do not recall if the dessicated veggies were flagged tradeskill usable. These are tough to crack.

Fry your Food is not for the hidden recipe. It is sold on an arcstone vendor and simply explains the grilled peppers, dragon mayo, and a deep fried treant hearts it seems... though no one seems to know where to get treant hearts or horse meat.

Originally posted by mallissah
      Is it possible that the dryad meat is supposed to be combined using alchemy or poisonmaking and on the same note could the second apothecary be referring to a poison sack?
      This recipe(s) were presented as being baking recipes and so far, have been all baking, except for 2 brewing subcombines. I would hope that I do not need alchemy or poisonmaking to make this as I do not have access to either of these skills.

On the 2nd one, your guess is as good as mine. Can you think of any things with a poison sack that have a shell?

Originally posted by MedailMeadmezzer-eci
      ok so then assuming that the tunrpbra liver is correct, lets see what we have

To get to the meat of the matter
      Include the apothecary of one with a shell
      The muscles of dragons so wet
      Stone lizards ground in a gut so well
      The heart of trees wrapped tight
      More of the draft that carries you on
      Make the ones you ride slippery and stinky
      Once more to the nest with a drake in tripe
      And of the last two grill away
      Beast of the Mountain top
      And Wolf of war and discord

so the thereecticaly it would be somthing like

truprna liver + ?? + baslisk sausage + (2) nest drake sausage + fryed trent heart + buttered horse meat +grilled gragbeast meat + grilled hynid meat.

the only question left is wtf is wet dragon meat?
      Turepta Liver
      ??? (Muscles of dragons so wet= Sea Dragon Meat??? Also, heard possibly Dragon Bay Snapper)
      Darkhollow Basilisk Sausage
      ??? (meat of dragon who roost at home = Nest DRAGON meat, not nest drake meat???)
      ??? (we know its something with treants... I think treant rolls maybe will fit the description)
      Nest Drake Sausage
      Garlic Butter Horse Meat
      Grilled Cragbeast Meat
      Grilled Hynid Meat

This is the recipe as best I can decipher. Still the 2 pieces left to figure out. Also, I have yet to get any treant hearts or horse meat and have no sea/nest dragon meat to attempt this.

Since the Deep Fried Treant Heart (recipe from "Fry Your Food") appears to be used in another challenge recipe I doubt it is here as well.

Also, I doubt it would give 2 different clues to the same thing. So it is probably NOT 2 nest drake sausages.

If this does require Nest and/or Sea dragon meat, it will be near impossible to get this item. Ngreth, are we even on the right track?

Taelosian Cheesy Tomato Mountain Bread
      Deep Fried Treant Hearts
      Rockhopper Egg? the new no drop ones?
      Dessicated Vegetables?

maybe? i so not have any treant hearts yet to test.

While in Beta trying to figure this out some and chatting with Ngreth, and based on the rarity of some of these components, the stats of 150hp/mana + 10/15 to other stats/resists? does not seem too unreasonable.

Most likely, final combine is no drop, I hope it is. This is going to lose some steam when Anniversary stuff hits as everyone will be flocking back to get the uber items, but will also bring some more dragon meat into the world can't wait for Fabled ToV.

However, this meal seems incomplete without a drink of some kind. However, the 2 big drinks, Juice of Quellious and Brodder's Remedy, from PoR are not tagged as tradeskill.

Also, a picnic basket maybe needed, that has not really been stated in any recipes of any way to combine all the items together.

I do not recall ever seeing Nest Dragon Meat drop in all the times my guild has killed Rikkikun, Kessdona, Yarlir, or Vishimtar.

Sea Dragon Meat drops from 2 mobs with a 1 week respawn. And these are not even for the final combine.

These are for a subcombine that is a tradeable 50hp/mana food.

Originally posted by Caladel
      Personally i would revamp food so you cant save it. Apply the stats of the last food eaten(with mabye a duration of 72 minutes a eq day, not too short that it will fade during an encounter but not too long either, 36 minutes half an eq day would make more sense, but would be annoying, it would fade during quite a few boss encountes).

Would have to do an extensive revamp of food stats so they are a good bit larger as well as upping quantity made and lowering rarity of ingredients.

The upside is baking and brewing would have real sales potential.

Having a normal food on auto eat and consumable stat food is really the way to go.

And if you are worried about complanints, add a 1 aa point aa skill called whatever that gives you 100hp/100mana(currently the most you can get out of the best food and drink known) or give it free so no one can complain that they lost any stats with the change.
      I do not like this idea at all.

I do not force feed myself and keep my stat food in the top slot and consume it. Your time restrictions are way too short in my opinion especially when you consider Metabolism aa extends that time. I eat 1 MTP in what seems like 3-4 RL hours.

To get back on the topic of this thread. I have said my piece on this ultra rare meat drops and I think this hidden recipe is very well thought out but I think it has hit a roadblock in the rarity of some of the meats is just too much to make it viable to show up in game. Even after we get the 4-5 notes solved we still have the overall combine of all the parts together.

More of the dragons who roost at home
      Beast of the mountaintop
      And wolf of war and discord

"More of the dragons who roost at home"

I think you are wrong Maevenniia about this. I have a feeling it is Nest Dragon Meat... which seems to be equally as rare as the sea dragon meat.
      Last edited by Angelsyn; 04-21-2006, 02:14 AM.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

"Of the wet and tasty one must know
        that a simple spiced jug must go
        Fennel and cream does make it tasty
        Oil of the brainless does not make it hasty
        Whip the oil from the child of the dragon
        and dressing from the stout often drunken"

I found this scrap in a somewhat hidden out of the way place. It looks like a brewing recipe in some regards but mention of oil, dressing and fennel make it appear to be a food item. I didn't see anything about this on boards. I could be way off base and I can totally admit that. If you know what this is for and it needs to go somewhere else, let me know so it can go to the right place.

I found this scrap in a somewhat hidden out of the way place. It looks like a brewing recipe in some regards but mention of oil, dressing and fennel make it appear to be a food item. I didn't see anything about this on boards. I could be way off base and I can totally admit that. If you know what this is for and it needs to go somewhere else, let me know so it can go to the right place.

I found it in a PoR zone. It is a ground spawn and not easy to find even when I knew exactly where to look. It was "hidden" so to speak.

It was on a "Scrap of Paper" that I found. It's possible that there are more pages yet to be found.

First "official" acknowledgement that we are on the right track. With that being said, this will more than likely be the sauce for some type of meat or perhaps a gravy. Horsemeat, perhaps? Ewwwww. Maybe unicorn. I think pallies will like that.

I'll release the text shortly. It's gonna be a tough one. Ngreth, you outdid yourself on the meat portion!

Ngreth did NOT make these notes easy to find. The first one was a total fluke. The second one took me nearly twelve hours of searching. I now have over fifteen hours into trying to find the third and, possibly, fourth one. The plus side of this is that I can say that I have pretty much seen every single inch of uninstanced, non-keyed zones...several times over.

Well, not sure about this one, but here it is. I have lost track of the hours searching for pages but it's become an obsession now.

My eyes are blurry and my head is pounding but the search continues. It appears that two more pages await discovery.

I'm hoping it's not sea dragon meat. We'll probably never be able to confirm the recipe if it is.

Yes, I know where I found them. Basically. I at least know the zones so I can concentrate my focus on the ones I haven't found a page in yet. This most recent page mention four recipes so there seems to be five pages total. I hope that's the case, anyway. I don't think I can play the "sick card" anymore and stay home from work any longer!!

It disappeared because I first posted it and then decided I wanted to give some friends the chance to help decipher it first. I deleted it within seconds of posting it and it remained deleted for several days and then it mysteriously appeared on the forum again. I deleted it again because we weren't finished.

Cool. Consider me "slapped down" then. Shushed it is.

You have access to Poison maker, Aldier.

Rare is fine. Ultra-rare (or possibly does not exist) kind of takes the fun out of it. If it is Sea Dragon Meat and Nest Dragon Meat that is required, hopefully the final combine yields a fairly high quantity. I can see that it would it be entirely possible that Nest Dragon Meat is awarded as a raid loot. It would be sad if this became an item that existed but nobody was able to ever make.

The best part of this was finding all the pages. I just wish I could combine them in a nifty little book now.

One thing that I hadn't even considered is that we need the meats to experiment and there is no guarantee that we are even on the right track. Personally, I will not be one of the first to try and confirm a recipe with items this rare, even if I could find them.

The simple reality of this situation is that we do not know if the "rare meats" are even the ones that we need. All we know is that Ngreth has direction to make this a rare recipe. We have the unsolved recipes and lots of speculation but we do not have confirmation. It's unfortunate that we will probably have to wait for someone to get the ultra-rare drop and risk it on a combine that may yield something that does not help us solve this. There is no room for trial and error and I give major props to whomever it is that has the luck to get the meats and then has the cajones to risk wasting them.

There are only four challenge items based on this text.

These items are combined with the four challenge items to make the final product. I believe that this will be a platter when finished.

That could definitely be the meat we are looking for.

Item Type Combinable
        Stackable 20
        Merchant Value 0 pp 0 gp 1 sp 0 cp
        Source Live
        Updated 2006-02-24 02:20:45
        Verified 2006-03-14 11:55:45
        Link Allakhazam's Entry
        Last edited by Angelsyn; 03-29-2006, 03:14 AM. Reason: Making Room

Comment

Where did this come from?

Comment

that a simple spiced jug must go"

Isnt there some spice that is made from a fish in DoDh? Mossmat spice?
            Or maybe its simpler...fish fillets (fish+jug of sauce)

"Fennel and cream does make it tasty"
            Creamy fenel sauce

"oil of the brainless"
            Vegetable Oil? (lol, vegetable=brainless, get it? heehee)

"Whip the oil from the child of the dragon"
            Dragon Egg oil? Whipped? (maybe in a mixing bowl)
            hmm...dragon egg mayonnaise?

"dressing from the stout often drunken"
            Dwarven dressing maybe?

Beast of the mountaintop
            reposting text from one of the notes, which "mysteriously" disappeared....

now for some analysis:

"To get to the meat of the matter
            Include the apothecary of one with a shell"

referencing: shellfish or meat of a shelled creature... shrimp? crab? crawfish? turtle?

But what the heck is the apothecary reference? A pharamcist? huh? hmmmmmm

"The muscles of dragons so wet"
            ack, please not Sea Dragon meat or Water Dragon Meat?

"Stone lizards ground in a gut so well"
            Cragbeast sausage. or maybe darkhollow basilisk sausage?

"The heart of trees wrapped tight"
            Treant hearts, do something with them, see other note-text

Nest Drake Meat
            edit - eep, Nest Dragon Meat maybe? ack!

"Make the ones you ride slippery and stinky"
            erm....yuck? hehe
            probably refers to garlic buttered Nest Drake meat
            {edit: NO NO - HORSE meat...we ride horses.... /smacks self in forehead}

"Once more to the nest with a drake in tripe"
            Nest Drake Sausage

"And of the last two grill away
            Beast of the mountaintop
            "
            Grilled meats
            Grilled Hynid? Cragbeast?

lies cheese and bread with fillings of red"

Taelosian MOUNTAIN Wheat Cheesy Tomato bread?
            there's a recipe for that somewhere.....

"hearts of trees powdered white and scorched"
            see the "How to fry" note-text....re: Treant Heart,
            or maybe this refers to Dessicated Treant Heart....?

"and the young of lizards boiled and dead"
            Boiled alligator, Shissar, nest drake or basilisk eggs ?
            or maybe Boiled Rockhopper Egg (bah, no trade)

"while vegetables are frozen and torched"
            Dessicated vegetables, Dessicated roots ?

or do we need to combine some veggies with Chunk of Ice and then fry them or something?

Originally posted by Elyssanda
            Now, see I'd read that as one I ride.. what would I ride? a horse... so garlic buttered horse meat.
            Opps, YEP, I agree...sorry, Im going cross-eyed I think, lol

Originally posted by Aldier

I think you are wrong Maevenniia about this. I have a feeling it is Nest Dragon Meat... which seems to be equally as rare as the sea dragon meat.
            Oh dear...

Oh well, either Ngreth intended some of the meats to be this rare (Sea Dragon Meat and Nest Dragon Meat) due to the INCREDIBLY AWESOME final result

or

he's been "naughty" again and included components that he did not intend to be THAT rare. hehehehehe

I'm not sure which option I hope is true...lol...

It disappeared because I first posted it and then decided I wanted to give some friends the chance to help decipher it first. I deleted it within seconds of posting it and it remained deleted for several days and then it mysteriously appeared on the forum again. I deleted it again because we weren't finished.
            Please review the Rules then, with attention to #4 - Share your Info or Shush.

It didn't mysteriously reappear, a mod PUT it back, because we do not approve of teasing your fellow tradeskillers.

You want to keep the info to yourself, and only post once you've figured it all out for yourselves....ok then.....so do not post teasers here, saying you will "release the text shortly"...

Originally posted by Cantatus
            Where are the French in the game?
            Eh?

Bah, link fixed.

lol, ok, I see now.

Turepta liver is a definite possibility...it is tradeskill tagged...yet not in the EQTC database as such...which makes me think the tag was recently added....

Isn't Sea Dragon Meat required for teh Othmir Prexus Totem quest?

I really think that this particular meat needs to be changed from the recipe, because of that, as it creates a conflict. It's already a rare meat, and now folks will have to choose between a permanent item and a consumable food?

or maybe teh dragons in WW that sit on nests will drop meat?....

DOH.

Just this once I wish cross-server trading were possible so we could get all the ingredients on one person, with 300 baking skill (+ the Masters or GM trophy)

lol

Thanks Ngreth

If I might make suggestions:

-There are dragons in WW who sit on nests...they seem like good candidates to also drop Nest Dragon Meat

or

-slight increase in quantities per drop...would it not be reasonable that a big dragon would drop up to 3 chunks of meat rather than only 1 at a time? Or perhaps if only 1 chunk, it could be filleted and similar to mammoth meat, could yield 10 fillets, which would then be used in the recipe instead of the chunk itself.....

Last edited by Angelsyn; 04-21-2006, 02:11 AM.
            Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
            Silky Moderator Lady
            Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Any eta on the 2nd text? Been asking guildies to hoarde any meat/forages for me till we work this out.
              Thanks!
              Kealii

Guildies found this note:
              title: Fry your Food
              this note is rolled up
              wt. 5.0 size: small
              "peppers can be fried in a non stick pan with just a hint of grilling sauce to lubricate the pan.
              And to really bring out the taste in treant hearts boil some vegetable oil in a pot, and coat your treant heart in egg batter and taelosian mountain wheat. Dip it in the oil in the pot and you have a taste that will not match.
              If it is still not enough, whip some dragon oil many times in a mixing bowl using a spoon. this mixture will add flavor to many foods"
              Last edited by Angelsyn; 04-21-2006, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Dwarven dressing,Dragon mayo,veggie oil,Jug of Sauces and Creamy Fennel sauce DNC in brew barrow:-P
                Maybe try to make treant heart oil?

Comment

um, fry your food is also sold on the scribe.. At least that's where I found it today.

Originally posted by Maevenniia
                  "Make the ones you ride slippery and stinky"
                  erm....yuck? hehe
                  probably refers to garlic buttered Nest Drake meat
                  Now, see I'd read that as one I ride.. what would I ride? a horse... so garlic buttered horse meat.

Turepta livers now are tradeskill flagged, and do NOT Stack.
                  Last edited by Angelsyn; 04-21-2006, 02:15 AM. Reason: Cleaning up thread

Alliance Artisan
                  Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Wow Chakua thanks for posting the texts. Any clues on where you found them? (just being a nosey halfling)

I really hope that the meat item is referring to something besides Sea Dragon Meat in the recipe. I don't think I have seen Kelorek Dar except one time in CS and have never seen the "real version" Faydedar.

And thanks Ngreth! you are putting some fun back into the way quests and recipes were long ago.

CHEERS!

I was wonder if the shelled apothecary was turepta liver - I know it is a stretch but it was the only shelled critter organ meat that seemed to make sense since I haven't seen any endocrine glands or pancreases in the game yet. (The liver is your body's chemical engineer.)

Tripe is either going to be guts or in a stretch some sausage casing.

I am guessing also grilled cragbeast and hynid as the last two meats (since I have never seen ukun meat).

Rockhopper eggs are really easy to come by with some patience if you can put up with the giant litterbox surrounding Shar Vahl. I hope it is that not something else.

Frozen and torched veggies - well there is frost turnips from Everfrost and lava pears from Lavastorm. Probably some other fire veggies somewhere too but I can't think of anything beyond some of the forages in scarlet desert right now.

New hope that the wet dragon meat is serpent meat from the silverfins in DoD. One of the lore descriptions for the drops referred to them as dragons.

So would stone lizards be rockhoppers or basilisks?

OK I think I was being to literal thinking that apothecary was referring to liver. Since the only things we know how to make from dryads are pate and pickles. Maybe apothecary is referring to a jar of pickles. Still need to figure out which shelled critter can make a pickle recipe but turpeta liver + brandy + plant shoot + spices was DNC for pate.

This is fun!

Ok the shelled critters that I can think of are the tureptas like I tried (not exhaustively though), other turtles, various crabs, reef crustaceans, armadillos, clams, oysters, spiders, scorpions, the coranthus things, and probably a few others....

Once I get a chance again I will try both making pate and pickles. It just seems like apothecary might just refer to a storage jar like the pickles are in.

Well know we know at least dryad-apothecary is the pate. So either we need to figure out the recipe for turepta pate or find whatever shelled critter can be turned into pate.

Are there any Taelosian brandy substitutes or something that would be used instead of plant shoots?

I didn't try much so far but:
                    Turpeta Liver + Brandy + Plant Shoots + Spices is DNC in both bowl and spit
                    Turpeta Liver + Brandy + Spices is DNC in both bowl and spit

OK I know this is being sort of naughty but if you use Lucy to look at the history of the boiled rockhopper eggs the tradeskill tag has changed with PoR. (circumstantial but unlikely to occur without some reason)

OK this was probably a very stupid idea but I noticed that that plain old "torch" has a tradeskill tag and couldn't find any recipe that uses it. Figured maybe I should be really literal to try and make the veggies that were frozen and torched.

So the following were DNC in bowl and oven:
                    Vegetables + Iceball
                    Vegetables + Chunk of Ice
                    Vegetables + Ice of Velious
                    Vegetables + Iceball + Torch
                    Vegetables + Chunk of Ice + Torch
                    Vegetables + Ice of Velious + Torch

I'll try with the frost turnip and stunted arctic root as soon as I figure out where I put them and have a bit of time.

On rarity....

I have seen a number of sea dragon meats in our bazaar but if it is an ingredient probably never again. Nest dragon - cough cough, got to be kidding.

So other ways to increase rarity of final product to consider:
                    -lore and/or no trade ingredients (doesn't limit it a lot)
                    -very high trivial (mastery AA impacts it but still if it is a pain to make and takes awhile to collect ingredients there will be attrition)
                    -requires hard to get tools (ice cream churn, or maybe something created by pottery like a black marble gem encrusted serving platter)
                    -ingredient drops as a very rare item from a random mob (like the Soul Anchor of the Ghoul of Takish-Hiz)
                    -ingredients from turn ins requiring max-ally speaking non-common language (elder dragon with CoV or elder elvish in Elddar... or make even harder by using hard to get ally factions or ones that are in opposition and not responsive to enchanter tricks.)

There are probably many more ways to control the rarity without making it inaccessible. Just some ideas - I am enjoying trying to figure out the puzzle more than anything else.

I have never seen sea dragon meat drop from the triggered Faydedar in many many druid epics.

i did not say trigered i sait static aka the one that acualy spawns in the zone and despawns later on, sorry if that was confusing
                    Your post was very clear - I was just adding another detail especially because very few people have ever seen the static Faydedar.
                    Last edited by Angelsyn; 04-21-2006, 02:17 AM. Reason: Cleaning up thread
                    Distracted Druid Storm Warden of JinXed on Vazaelle

(see that Moderator tag - well that is for the Vazaelle marketplace, my posts and opinions should not be considered as anything but my own and not reflect poorly on the folks doing all the hard stuff here. )

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn
                      me?

would I EVER do anything like that?

I am purely inocent!

{walks away giggling}

{eyes the ogre} You're married to a redhead and you think they're going to buy the innocent act?

Silly sneaky ogre.

Comment

"hearts of trees powdered white and scorched"

Beer battered fried treant hearts?

There's the recipie for it on the "fried foods" note. I have 4 in the bank, but its a moot point till we think we know the rest of it.

Q

Treant hearts also drop off the treants in Tak ruins (the big ones near the ghost mob that gives the 55 aura quest), but very rarely.. I have cleared the 4 spawns probably 15 times and gotten 4 hearts total.

Q

"For the Jokes so bad
                        Gather two of the milk so processed
                        and two of the older regressed
                        and simply add the apothecary mixed
                        of dryad that we missed"
                        My thoughts

Milk so processed - Cream
                        Older regressed - Mature Cheese
                        On the Apothecary - the Dryad pate sounds like a solid bet, will try to farm some to test it

Q

*edit - Possible too that "milk so processed" could just be store bought cheese

Confirmed...

Bristlebane's Challenge Cheeses

2x Cheese (vendor bought)
                        2x Mature Cheese
                        1x Dryad Pate
                        Oven

Tradeskills, Mirac meal
                        5.0 wt, medium
                        all/all

Q

Just had a thought..

The muscles of dragons so wet - pickled dragon?

I tried to make some treant wraps for the "heart of trees wrapped tight", tried meat+batwing, meat+wasp wing, and meat+dried seaweed, no luck on any of them.

Q

did you try to make them into sausages? you know the treant heart ( or grilled trent heart) into the sausage casing with the salt and whatnots?
                        Just tried it and it worked.. regular sausage recipie with Grilled Treant Hearts (posted in sumbissions)

who knows if it is the right one, but its a shot anyway.. now if only we could figure out the two dragon ones.

Q

So the only two we are missing are the Meat, and the something (Pasta, Bread, dessert? - we have sauce, cheese, and veggies already, what could the fifth be?).

-Consensus is this is the Taelosian Cheesey Tomato Mountain Bread

-Best guess here is Deep Fried Treant Heart - less sure than TCTMB

-The rockhopper egg soup, a new egg soup/stew, snake stew?

-Frost turnips, stunted arctic root, veggies mixed with chunk of ice some how? Not so inclined to go with the desicated veggies/roots, since desicated means "dried/exhausted"

-Frozen and torched... Deep fried veggie icecream on pizza?

"To get to the meat of the matter

-Consensus is Turepta Liver here

-Sea dragon meat/steaks, Picked dragon? (regular Dragon meat)

-Consensus is Darkhollow Basilisk sausage

-Guess: Treant Vegetable Sausage

-Nest Dragon something? Possibly Regular dragon meat/steaks, as the ones that drop that do "roost" at home in Western Wastes - lots of nests there
                        (also it says, "more of them" which makes me think it alludes back to the earlier dragon reference, and that the source would be the same, problem is 2 lines later it says "once more to the nest" which kinda ruins my theory unless we've been there already in the recipie" - could just be flavor text)

-Consensus is Garlic Buttered Horse - if only I could find some horse meat, maybe when that paladin isn't looking...

-Consensus is Nest Drake Sausage

Beast of the mountaintop

-Consensus is Grilled Cragbeast and Hynid

So for the mystery recipie, we've got 2, maybe 3 big question marks, for the meat, it looks like we have 2 big question marks, and 2-3 smaller question marks... closing in on it! Hopefully I can try some more combines tonight

Q
                        Last edited by Angelsyn; 04-21-2006, 02:23 AM.
                        Queletan Heartforge - House of Sloth
                        Exemplar of the Drunken Bearded Ones

...That which we are, we are,--
                        One equal temper of heroic hearts,
                        Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will,
                        To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yeild.

Comment

Cheesy Talosian Mountain Wheat Tomato bread! Why not just call it PIZZA!:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zaltak
                            Cheesy Talosian Mountain Wheat Tomato bread! Why not just call it PIZZA!:-)
                            Where are the Italians? (In game)
                            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                            Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200
                            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

There's prolly a bunch of role-playing gnomes out there somewhere. =) If gnomes can be pirates, then they can be pizza-bakers too!

If shell = exoskeleton, then would a spider do?

Kaladim Constitutionals are used in Twice-Brewed Constitutionals, so that's valid.

Misty Thicket Picnics are used to make Xanthe's Earring of Nature and the Protection of the Cabbage spell. Since it's done in a forge, that's technically a tradeskill combine, and therefore, valid too.

Aren't iguanas (and by extension, other lizards and alligators) sometimes called sea dragons?
                              Last edited by Angelsyn; 04-21-2006, 02:38 AM. Reason: Cleaning up thread
                              Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                              Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                              Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                              Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Working...
                              X