Fishing in DoD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing in DoD

Anyone have a truly safe noninvis fishing spot in Undershore? It seems that all the fishies path everywhere, or am I missing something? Any help would be wonderful!
    Heynanni Majere
    Barbarian Beastlady of Maelin Starpyre- 300 brewing, 300! tailoring, 300 smihing, and 200 everything else

Marvy Lous- drakkin SK 300 smithing+smithing charm
    Jeign- 300 medicine stick'd alchemist+alchemist charm
    Heyarcher Forageur- 275 wood elf fletcher
    Dott- 300 Tailoring +tailor charm and ugly Bolt
    Shaleste- drakkin ranger 300 tailoring with ugly Bolt (did I mention that darn trophy is ugly?)
    Lilnastie- 300 tinker

I haven't tried fishing, but two places where I've done extended afks near water are at the Freemind Cypher, and an island full of 'friendlies' south of the zombie island.

Comment

Safe non-invis fishing is easy in COrathus Creep.. no need to go to undershore. go up near the head of the river in CC. Just below the pool are some rocks if yuo stand on the rocks and fish downstream, no mobs will aggro and you can safely forag/fish while you are there.

Alliance Artisan
      Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

If corathus creep has the same fish as undershore, you can fish just about anywhere by the river. The eels are non-aggro, and there's only a couple places right by the river where corathus-type mobs are nearby.

Comment

I usually fish just down from the clockworks and to the right there's a pool at the dead end, it's safe there if you haven't messed up your faction with the sporali yet.
          Kaaba Cloudberry
          75 Ranger of Prexus
          Fuschia Bloodflowers
          75 Druid
          Talionis

Comment

Heh, that's why I love being a monk... FD then just start fishin'. With my new bait dispenser, I found an additional bonus to the way it is as opposed to tradtional clickie: I can do combinations while feigned, I cannot clickie while feigned.

I'm loving this bait dispenser more and more!

Comment

all things you can fish in cc undershore illsalin and stoneroot, you can also fish up in the hive...thought i'd add ;-)

anyway, has anyone figured out what the gravestone loach is for?

Comment

gravestone loach

lmao ...this fish is used in making your own bait...recipe found here on eq tracers corner.

Comment

that recipe wasn't found when i first posted ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaaba
                    I usually fish just down from the clockworks and to the right there's a pool at the dead end, it's safe there if you haven't messed up your faction with the sporali yet.
                    Thanks for the info . I had assumed that everything aggros. After reading this, I finally tried fishing for the Tiny Blind Cave Fish x 5 and got my Brewing Trophy.

Comment

My fav spot is in RoI just in the little cove near the zone in from Undershore:-)

Comment

ok then, a topic about the DoD fishing, heh just what i was looking for. I am a tradeskiller at heart, but never have cash for it hehe, my old war is 200 fletching 165 smith 199 brewing 198 baking 100 potter 100 tailor
                        my new monk is 100 in everything but 108 in tailoring
                        I am considering farming about 3k and getting my brewing up to 245, then fishing the DoD fish until i have enough of one ingredient to trivial it
                        im planning on going to 245 on minotaur, then 268 on Mossmatt mead, then 282 on fish fungus wine, then 295 on the Blindfish Pale Ale, so, if i was to start with the brells fishing pole with 0 fishing skill or so, (it would probly go up pretty fast heh), how long do you think it would take me to get them, in seperate sections?
                        Mossmatt Mead: Mossmattx2
                        Fish Fungus Wine: Fungus-Covered Plecostomusx2
                        Blindfish Pale Ale: Tiny Blind Cave Fishx5
                        thanks
                        also, should this actually work, and i not drop dead from exhaustion of fishing, how much you think it would cost on whatever trivials at 300+ making that? heh
                        Ddemons Ddemise

200 Fletching
                        200 Brewing
                        201 Tailoring
                        198 Baking
                        100 Jewelcraft
                        100 Pottery
                        152 Smithing

Comment

You will fish ALOT. I mean DAYS and DAYS. this is almost exactly whay I did. and to get enough of all 3 I seriously suggest getting the http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=8385
                          and http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=035000000000. save yourself running time. seriously.

Alliance Artisan
                          Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Estebar
                            I haven't tried fishing, but two places where I've done extended afks near water are at the Freemind Cypher....
                            Carefull this spot is mostly safe but if someone pulls the lizard things (sorry forget their name) then you are in trouble.
                            One day i was up the wall and because of someon training a whole bunch of people got wiped in secs

Comment

Originally posted by Elyssanda
                              You will fish ALOT. I mean DAYS and DAYS. this is almost exactly whay I did. and to get enough of all 3 I seriously suggest getting the http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=8385
                              and http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=035000000000. save yourself running time. seriously.

I have to agree with the Fishermans Companion being an absolute must.

The Bait Dispenser would be nice but isn't really necessary.

Basically, for around every hour you want to spend fishing in Corathus Creep, you need a 10 slot backpack full of stacks of bait. Give or take a stack.

The big thing to do here is to stay invised, or hide/sneak so that those trains dragged by morons who are just passing thru and don't care about others will simply head back to their spawn point after the moron either zones or dies.

Going from 250 to 295 took me around 4 weeks of on/off fishing, and if you keep all the stakable fish, you can actually make enough selling the non-TS fish to vendors to be able to buy your load of bait for your next fishing expidition as well as paying a bit toward your brewing components for the combines. Bait costs 3c and the junk fish sells for just short of 3s IIRC (scales sell for 5c). You can sell 2 of the products for a a few pp each in bazaar since they are nice stat drinks, But you do need lots of space in the bank.

P.S. My Sig is wrong and needs to have the brewing updated.. It is now 300, heading toward the Absolute Finale on the advancement of the trophy, but not there yet
                              Last edited by tomojo; 04-09-2006, 04:39 PM.
                              Tomojo Wizard of the 67th house of the Seventh Hammer

Comment

Working...
                              X