Jewel Crafting - How Fun it Was!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewel Crafting - How Fun it Was!

The title really says it all. I was, in the day, one of Fennin Ro's most active Jewelers. My wood elf was the 1st Ranger on Fennin Ro to reach 200 (this was back in 1999 during the original release). I made Baltazor originally to enchant metal for my growing JC business but then found that he was also a lot of fun to play... now Baltazor is 300 in everything but Tailoring and Fletching.

Jewel Crafting was so much fun back in the days before Luclin. I use to carry my JC kit and a bag of gems and precious metal bars with me everywhere I traveled. I made tons and tons of jewelry /sigh. My crafted jewelry could be found all over Norrath! I kept a chart of all the combinations on my desk next to my Norrath interface device (computer) for ready reference. Thinking back to those days now, and comparing them to the present, nothing really compares with the other tradeskills except perhaps for the brief period when everyone was gearing up with banded armor at the game's inception.

Oh well... I suppose I should be happy that I at least had the opportunity to have been a part of those days and had the opportunity to use the tradeskill as it was originally intended!
    Last edited by Maevenniia; 01-03-2006, 09:22 AM.
    Baltazor Goldsinger
    Enigma - Fennin Ro

/cough - little spelling error there, end of first paragraph...

Didn't know they snuck THAT skill into EQ
    Aleksandros Baelmah
    70 Arch Magus, Infinite Jest
    Green Lantern, Felwithe Sector, Norrath, Xegony
    Journeyman Artisan
    Expert Smith (266)
    Spell Research (197)
    Journeyman Fletcher, Baker, Brewer, Jeweller, Potter, Fisherman (200), Tailor (212)

Comment

ahh the good ole days. i was the smae with smithing getting banded triv heh and making arrows by the bag full for everyone. they were sticking in of every orc and skelleton on faydwer

Comment

I remember making banded armor and running up to Halas to sell it to the barbarian players for 5pp per AC (or something like that), those were the days.
        Pootle Pennypincher
        Short in the eyes of some...
        Tall in the hearts of many!

Comment

10p per AC if i recall right

Comment

The Market must have been depressed on the hammer, was 1pp per AC just before the kunark expansion.

And I had to walk uphill to the forge, both ways, while fending off gnolls.

Bah, you young whippersnappers.
            I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

On the flip side, we ancient types got to skillup all the way to 175 on banded cloaks (and fine plate to what... 248?)

One of the few places where it was better back in the old days.

Comment

Working...
              X