282-300 path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 282-300 path?

Hit 282 with molten metal bow cams recently and was wondering if there is any "obvious" skillup path to 300 that I have missed?

I am pretty resourcefull in terms of farming, and dont mind doing it, just gotta be a decent drop rate

Crap crackers to 288 seems an option, but knuckle joints are really rare, and the few that are in baz are way to expensive for me to even consider buying them.
    Servolinked arms to 290 would be ok if my ranger isnt hoarding all the Yttrium for WE smithing atm.
    Wok, would most likely get a few clockwork carapace while farming for knuckle joints, but again they are super rare so doesnt really seem a likely way to skillup either.
    GVDs are also an option, but again haze panther eyes are restricting this combine a lot. ( got 4 eyes in around 3 hours while killing all panthers )

Then there is the new DoDh gearboxes, they are easy to make but it seems like this path will require a huge ammount of plat, which I dont really have atm.

Any other suggestions / ideas?

Originally posted by Ladwenae_AB
    Crap crackers to 288 seems an option
    My suggestion?

Eat more fiber!

-- C.

Comment

LOL...

Just got to this point on my little gnome. I had about 50 knuckle joints saved up, used 20 for crap crackers and saving the rest for DoN armor. I've also got a fair number of carapaces to try for woks.

I'm looking at DoN master level as a farm-for-skill path now, since it seems more farmable than Knuckle Joints (too rare) and there's the bonus skillup chance. I'll probably give that a few runs, then just stop worrying about it around late 280s and get skill as it comes.
      Redi of Qeynos
      Warder of Tunare
      http://www.thekeepers-eq.orgThe Keepers

Comment

For the Big Bucks...

If you're going to go with building gearboxes then it's a lot easier to make Clockwork Observer or Shadowwalker armor. Sure, it's very expensive, but unlike DoN armor it tributes for a good amount (sale point there) and the gnome plate and chain classes will often buy them for the click-effect, even if they have better armor to wear. Greaves and vambraces always did well by me for sales. It's not fast or cheap but at least you've got some options for recovering the cost (heck, it even sells to merchants for a not-abysmal amount if you get desperate).

Silverfish

Comment

Try the Don Tailored armor

it uses nightmare arachnid silks and can be tinkered

although i'd say go Yttrium- By far the easiest route to go and avoid the plate

chain= no knuckle joints= speedy skillups because it is only one bottleneck

Comment

Thx for the usefull replies

Gonna go the Yttrium route I guess, especially since I found out I can skillup his spell research to 182 at the same time from quite common drops while farming the ore.

Comment

The servolink sleeves are a great skillup path to 290. From 265-282, for every stack of yttrium that I've combined, I've gotten 2-4 skillups (6 stacks of molten cams in there got me a whopping 3 skillups - about my long-term average for them)!

It takes me about 2-3 hours to farm a stack of yttrium (and bazaar prices for it are stupid on EMarr), so it isn't fast, but way faster than foraging grease + farming ore. Still, the end is in sight.

I shudder at the thought of farming 3 stacks/20 combines when I get to 290. ?Come se dice "AE group"?
              Zlatin Cogbottom, gnomish magician of Crimson Eternity, Erollisi Marr

Baking 300, Brewing 268, Fishing 200, Fletching 254, Jewelry 250, Pottery 220, Smithing 220, Tailoring 240, Tinkering 282

Comment

I have been farming the deep for a while for WE smithing, and I can usually get 5 stacks in perhaps 5-7 hours there depending on how much I slack.

Havent done any of the sleeves on my tinker yet tho, been darn busy with making AAAAs, made 7 so far and only 1 skillup, so thats not really viable as skillups either.

Comment

Well my tinker Napp just hit Tinker (290). He had 76 yttrium ore to make the sleeves and went up 8 levels in 70 combines ( from 282 to 290 ) ... Yay ! !

Had banked 37 Clockwork Carapace and guildie gave me 2 more. Did 39 Wok combines plus 2 leg combines with the remaining yttrium .... No Skillups ...Yuk ! !

Pharming Yttrium gonna be a pain, 3 per attempt, but prob the route to go to 300.

Comment

Originally posted by trapp
                    He had 76 yttrium ore to make the sleeves and went up 8 levels in 70 combines ( from 282 to 290 ) ... Yay ! !
                    Nice, I did about 90 combines on them and got one skill up from 288 to 289. Got so annoyed that I haven't tried to skill up since...
                    Evram
                    300 Expert Tinker on Quellious (Rodcet Nife)
                    80th Necromancer of the Brew Masters

Comment

Originally posted by Evram2
                      Nice, I did about 90 combines on them and got one skill up from 288 to 289. Got so annoyed that I haven't tried to skill up since...
                      Has any of you used tribute to increase your INT cap +10?
                      I've been doing combines with a 425 INT and find that I get more skill ups when I apply this method.

~ Once I drempt of death, now it dreams of me / And only rats and rotting flesh can hear my silent plea ~

Comment

Originally posted by Necrognome_MM
                        Has any of you used tribute to increase your INT cap +10?
                        I've been doing combines with a 425 INT and find that I get more skill ups when I apply this method.
                        From my undestanding, any stats above 400 is useless. I found that out on this link. Yes, it helps to get it up to 400 but above that does not help.

Taushar

Carpe Diem, Carpe Nocturn
                        Taushar Tigris
                        High Elf Exemplar of 85th circle
                        Druzzil Ro server

Necshar Tigris
                        Gnome Necromancer of 32nd circle

Krugan
                        Barbarian Rogue of 61st circle

Katshar
                        Vah Shir Shaman of 26th circle

Comment

Only in smithing... that is not universally true.

Comment

Originally posted by Evram2
                            I looked at the listings, you're a gnome int caster, how are you making sleves with Yttrium? I thought the recipies for tinkering with Yttrium required a Mold, not a Pattern, are they interchangable? Or can any class produce the molds by just doing that combine?
                            Last edited by Xislaben; 12-28-2005, 02:50 PM.
                            Xislaben The Rising Sun - Crimson Tempest

Dead Things

Comment

Any class can do any of the combines.
                              Evram
                              300 Expert Tinker on Quellious (Rodcet Nife)
                              80th Necromancer of the Brew Masters

Comment

Working...
                              X