Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are going to post a Primal scream...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are going to post a Primal scream...

If you are going to post a Primal scream...

YOU MUST accept that other people will have a different opinion from yours, and defend it just as strongly as you defend your opinion.

running off and saying "Sorry I must not be allowed to have an opinion" is the wrong way to end a discussion. If you really want to stop talking about it, the better way is to say "We will just have to agree to disagree..." This lets people know you are done talking about it, and are not changing your opinion, and seems less like a Tantrum than the other way.

Just because you are outnumbered, also does not mean you are wrong, just that more people disagree with you. Maybe it is time to rethink your opinion a bit, but it does not REQUIRE that you change your opinion.

And I expect that some people will be offended by me saying this, but I am sorry... but I have finally seen the behavior enough and wanted to stop it from continuing in the future. No it is not against the rules here, but people really shouldn't go off in a huff just because someone disagree's with them.
    Last edited by Ngreth Thergn; 09-16-2004, 09:41 AM.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Very very wise words.

I am probably as guilty as the next guy of getting flustered. But even then, when debating, there should still be certian rules of conduct, I would imagine.

Perhaps this could be stickied? (After few days, editing out the responses?)

-Lilosh
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

I still say it'd be easier if everyone agreed with me...
      Master Iannyen Sparklybitz
      Coercer of 65 Dissapointing Illusions
      Bearer of the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl

Tradeskills were once displayed here

Comment

I'll agree with you as soon as you say a single thing worthwhile.

<grin>

-Lilosh
        (Ngreth: Iannyen knows I am just kidding, It's not an actual insult)
        Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

No no, he flamed me! Stomp him flat!

Comment

Let's just compromise and do it my way then? : :mrgreen:
            Cigarskunk!
            No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

A good compromise leaves everybody mad.
              -Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by Iannyen
                I still say it'd be easier if everyone agreed with me...
                Sorry, I can't agree with that.

But Ngreth does have a good point, one that is missed a lot on message boards (I've even seen it waaaaay back in the days of BBS's & Telnet..)
                Draggar De'Vir
                92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh
                57 Druid of Tunare - Povar
                47 Druid of Tunare - Lockjaw

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)

Comment

Understood Ngreth.

I shouldn't have brought the subject of the healing change up on these boards since it has nothing to do with tradeskills. That was my bad. I guess I thought I could blow off a bit of steam amongst friends - I didn't know I had to defend it to the death.

I wrote that particular response several times - the one that is there is the nicest thing I could say. I shouldn't have said anything at all - again, my bad.

I let this one get too personal for me and my feelings got hurt - so, I'll follow my own advice and not say anything more.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
                  Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
                  Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

/e sets up a booth and starts selling tickets

Step right up, folks! Single file behind the podium, please. Only 500 plat for three whacks to the druid cupcake! A bargin at twice the price!

/e blows Chenier a kiss

You know I love you, Sister!
                    No matter how subtle the wizard, a dagger between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.

Comment

Khev, I'm worried about you.

Thats the second time today you've tried to sell tickets to Chenier.

And the second time today I've bought one. <grin>

*hands over 500 plat*

-Lilosh
                      Also, Smalltim

Comment

Getting me in trouble

STOP IT!

/em wipes tears from eyes.

My students keep looking at me funny when you keep making me snort.

/em tries not to laugh out loud.

If it weren't for posts like these, I'd go insane. Oh yeah, too late.
                        Pottery 159 Tailoring 188 Brewing 170 Baking 178 Smithing 205 Alchemy 114, Fishing 35, JC 15, Fletching 0

Comment

I love you guys Trades Folks are the best.... and no amount of flaming could evermake me change my mind... though a few good spankings might make me defend it more visceraly!!

Comment

are you a teacher quinner?
                            I knew i shouldnt have lit that match....

Comment

A great King!

There was once a great King! Rodney King! He said," Ouch ouch awww omg that hurts, Please officer stop it!" He also said, "Can't we all just get along!"

Neferteti Nazguul
                              56 Erudite Necromancer
                              "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Working...
                              X