Odd drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd drinks

Instead of getting drunk WHILE you read the news...

I found these two recipes in the PoK brew barrel tonight:

Blindfish Pale Ale (triv 295)

Water Flask
    Cask
    Barley
    Malt
    The Paineel Register Vol. 9 No. 6 (x 5)

Fish Fungus Wine (triv 282)

Water Flask
    Wine Yeast
    Bottle
    Cork
    The Outpost Inquirer Vol. 9 No. 2 (x 2)

I didn't try them out. I'm not exactly welcome in Paineel, and if the other paper is from the outpost in OT, I'm not welcome there either.

Kemie

Confused.

Are you saying the newspaper is a part of the combines?

If so, where does the roleplaying come from putting a specific version of a newspaper in a brew barrel?
    Druzzil Ro
    Halfling: 250 tailor /|\ Froglok: 296 smith BM3 /|\ Human: 220 smith
    Ogre: 290 smith, 250 tailor /|\ Erudite: 290 smith BM3, 250 tailor

Comment

I am Welcome in Paineel, after killing Massive amounts of Kobolds, I got a key to enter. Anyway, I tried to look for Vol 9 no. 6 of the Paineel Register and was unable to find it. If you happen to knwo where one is let me know too please.
      Tranquillity De'Magi
      70 Magi
      Fennin Ro

Comment

Yes, that's what the recipe showed - 5 copies of the same issue of the Paineel Register for the first drink, 2 copies of issue of The Outpost Inquirer for the second one.

I neglected to get right click info on the drinks. Will have to do that next time I manage to get on.

These are just what the UI showed, I've no clue where the volumes come from or why the recipes appeared. Hehe the mysteries of patches. I'd assume one needs to check the Town Criers for the news, logically.

Kemie

Comment

The right click info (yes its odd):

Blindfish Pale Ale
          The Foreign Quarterly Vol. 9 No. 9
          The book is closed
          WT: 0.1 Size: Tiny

Fish Fungus Wine
          The Outpost Inquirer Vol. 9 No. 1
          The book is closed
          WT: 0.1 Size: Tiny

Comment

In Paineel, Town Crier Henly Nictropus has The Paineel Register Vol. 8 No. 1-6.
            No Vol.9

As I got near, I had a message " Free news! Come get your [free news]!
            I asked him, "What free news" he repiled "Here it is" but i recieved nothing.

Delete that character, make a frog:

In Gukta, Zok Maika sells The Outpost Inquirer Vol. 8 No. 1-6.
            Same free news message as before, same result.

Comment

Thought I'd copy this thread from the Data Submissions to Brewing for more comments (which don't always belong there), so we can work this out. Sounds like maybe this is a quest?

I'm wondering about that hint in the recent patch that more of the NPC's in Abysmal Sea will talk to us now...

Any other ideas?

Kemie

Comment

Well...

In the old days (early & mid-1900's), people used to wrap fish in newspaper...

I also received the "free news" message when I was in Felwithe last... but it was just as I was zoning out.
                Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Here is what I found out today. I looged onto Test Server, ran all my characters to home town and guess what I got a Free Copy of the Local Paper Vol. 9 No. 2.

No number 6, However; Vol 2 does say something about High Elves doing some kind of Ritual and Frogs Fighting with them in Innothule.

Logged onto Regular EQ and ran all over Innothule and nothing new. And no Vol 9 No. 6.

I bug reported it should petition to see what I get back.
                  Tranquillity De'Magi
                  70 Magi
                  Fennin Ro

Comment

Whoops, should have posted this here....

Got the message in Ak'Anon as well, near the bank, couldn't track down the NPC though...
                    I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Update: on 7/8/05 at about 9:30 pm entered Neriak and got the Free News and Guess what I got? Vol 9. no 2. so that has been finally placed in game. Now to find out more. Keep us up to date folks.
                      Tranquillity De'Magi
                      70 Magi
                      Fennin Ro

Comment

Halfway

I recieved The Paineel Register Vol. 9 No. 2 today also - however the recipe calls for #6.

I then went and recieved The Outpost Inquirer Vol. 9 No. 2, and made the Fish Fungus Wine from the UI.

pages 1,2
                        pages 3,4
                        pages 5,6
                        page 7

Comment

can you please post all the relevant information for the fish fungus wine into the database updates submissions forum please? Thanks!
                          ~Tudani
                          Retired Shamaness of Talisman
                          Tunare

"Measure twice, cut once."

Comment

Scroll up 5 or 6 post it was already there and Moved by Kemie.
                            Tranquillity De'Magi
                            70 Magi
                            Fennin Ro

Comment

The relevant info includes much more than the skeleton recipe information that was already posted. Specifically it includes item stats for all items involved in the recipe that are not already in the database (ingrediants and result), trivial, if anything is returned on sucess and/or failure if known, and source information for any new items involved in the combine if known.
                              ~Tudani
                              Retired Shamaness of Talisman
                              Tunare

"Measure twice, cut once."

Comment

Working...
                              X