Minimum Skill up chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Skill up chance

Thought this was relevant enough to bring it out of the "discuss patch" topic so it doesn't just get buried.
    Originally posted by The Patch
    Added a minimum chance to gain a skill up on many of the Dragons of Norrath cultural tradeskill recipes and many of the Omens of War augmentation recipes. This will make it easier to gain an increase in skill when doing these recipes in most cases where the character has a high skill.
    Any ideas on which recipes these will be affected and by how much?

I thought I read something of up to 10% chance. Do you think things like Grand Master recipes will have a skill up minimum of 10%? And maybe Master recipes will have a skill up minimum of 5%?

Any guesses or anyone willing/able to test these out?
    Have Phro, Will Travel.
    Wire Gnekroe

Tailoring 254 mastery 1, Research 272 mastery 3, Salvage 3

Grandmaster 10%, Master 5%. That is what I remember hearing from one of the devs. Those are the only two levels of armor getting the bonus but it is for all races.

Comment

Far too small a sample set to be representative.. but.... 15 Master Gloves, 15 Master Sleeves, zero skillups, only failed 2 of the combines - I'm at 100% pass on check 1 for successes, ~92% for fails. Am a bit leery of burning through more of my ukun skin stockpile....
      Grishnar Dragonbane - 80 Armorer/Assassin & 400 Transmuter
      Beldimar - 80 Alchemist & 400 Tinker
      Gorthag - 80 Sage
      Bigsmot Thincktanck - 80 Jeweler
      Beldain Bladeforger - 80 Weaponsmith/ 75 Berserker & 400 Tinker
      Talmar - 80 Carpenter
      Beldar - 80 Provisioner
      Grishnark - 80 Tailor
      Bellimar - 80 Woodworker

Enlightened Dark
      Unrest

Formerly:

Gorthag Bashinfletcher
      Head Ogre Fletcher of Norrath
      Township Rebellion

Comment

Oh btw... the 'possibility of adding a tribute value to DoN cultural armor pieces' that Absor mentioned hasn't happened yet.
        Grishnar Dragonbane - 80 Armorer/Assassin & 400 Transmuter
        Beldimar - 80 Alchemist & 400 Tinker
        Gorthag - 80 Sage
        Bigsmot Thincktanck - 80 Jeweler
        Beldain Bladeforger - 80 Weaponsmith/ 75 Berserker & 400 Tinker
        Talmar - 80 Carpenter
        Beldar - 80 Provisioner
        Grishnark - 80 Tailor
        Bellimar - 80 Woodworker

Enlightened Dark
        Unrest

Formerly:

Gorthag Bashinfletcher
        Head Ogre Fletcher of Norrath
        Township Rebellion

Comment

Originally posted by CaiserSoze
          Oh btw... the 'possibility of adding a tribute value to DoN cultural armor pieces' that Absor mentioned hasn't happened yet.
          Doh! I was really hoping that this would happen, am about to burn through 300 or so cultural combines and I wouldn't mind getting something in return =)
          Have Phro, Will Travel.
          Wire Gnekroe

Tailoring 254 mastery 1, Research 272 mastery 3, Salvage 3

Comment

From what Ive tested so far.... making Master armor (human DoN) with 310wis

65 combines yesterday: 7 skill ups
            136 combines today: 4 skill ups =(

Back to endless shissar scale farming *sigh* I was sooo happy yesterday, guess it was just really good luck... anyways... doesn't seem like its 5% minimum skill up chance for master armor
            Last edited by Dutchy; 07-01-2005, 11:13 PM.
            Dutchy Blackrose < Midnite Council of the Black Rose >
            Master Artisan x3 ~ Master Alchemist ~ Master Poison Maker ~ Master Researcher ~ Master Melee Researcher

Originally posted by Dutchy
              65 combines yesterday: 7 skill ups
              136 combines today: 4 skill ups =(

anyways... doesn't seem like its 5% minimum skill up chance for master armor
              11 skillups in 201 combines... based on that, you got 1 every ~18 skillups, which is slightly OVER 5%, assuming you always succeed at pass 1.

Comment

does that mean also 201 shissar sclaes?? i wanna knwo how to do that trick

Comment

200 combines, 7 skill ups on WE smithing, from 269 to 276.

For comparison:
                  300 combines, 27 skill ups on sickles, from 242 to 269.
                  Last edited by Daine; 07-05-2005, 01:55 PM. Reason: to add information
                  Nature Goddess Daine Thornytree of the Dilidruids
                  Master Artisan of the 7th Hammer

Comment

Small sample size, purely anecdotal... but....

I made a full set of ogre grandmaster plate armor.

BP, Legs, Gaunts, Boots, Helm, Vambs, two bracers.

Zero skill ups.

-Bolas
                    Buy My Stuff!

Comment

60 combines of master's arms and went from 265 to 270 in tailoring so that comes to 1 in 12 skill up.
                      Master Artisan Cloud the Honorary Librarian of Stromm

Comment

Minimum Skill up chance

I saved my 39 shimmering ukun hides to perform skillups after the patch change went into affect for minimum skillup chance. Performed combines for Master's driftwalker items (gloves/sleeves trivials in 260-280 range).

Results were 2 skillups in 39 attempts which is approx 5%. However, I was already getting 5% or better before the patch (approx 4 skillups in prior 50 attempts before the patch).

For reference, I had 249 tailoring at start, 390 unbuffed WIS. (shouldn't affect skillup rate, but also had tailoring mastery 3 and 5% geerlok).

For GM level, I have done several post-patch combines without skillup (GM materials are so rare/expensive cannot really use them for skillup purpose, so I only make plate BPs/Legs 1-2 times a week (Smithing 277, 304 with 10%mod)...not enough for any measurement of GM rate improvement).
                        Last edited by Ratblaster; 07-03-2005, 11:44 AM.

Comment

shimmering ukun hides suck,not enough ukuns in oow zones. as well as there being extremely uncommon drop when you do find ukuns.add shimmering ukun hides to GoD zones as well,would help some.
                          just wish barbs got shissar scales.went to ssra and got stacks in a very short amount of time,for an elf friend.the bigest thing about farming in ssra is a warrior can solo those snakes, two or even three at a time without a healer.

that 5 to 10% really aint much for certain races,since there key component for master armor is to rare to really amass and skill up on.but if all the races got to use shissar scales,then that would be a different story.
                          besides, didnt we loose 20% from 250 to 300 when they smoothed things out? why wasnt it changed to at least 10 to 20%.so we got back what we lost before they smoothed it out.

Comment

Originally posted by allamar
                            shimmering ukun hides suck,not enough ukuns in oow zones. as well as there being extremely uncommon drop when you do find ukuns.add shimmering ukun hides to GoD zones as well,would help some.
                            just wish barbs got shissar scales.went to ssra and got stacks in a very short amount of time,for an elf friend.the bigest thing about farming in ssra is a warrior can solo those snakes, two or even three at a time without a healer.

that 5 to 10% really aint much for certain races,since there key component for master armor is to rare to really amass and skill up on.but if all the races got to use shissar scales,then that would be a different story.
                            besides, didnt we loose 20% from 250 to 300 when they smoothed things out? why wasnt it changed to at least 10 to 20%.so we got back what we lost before they smoothed it out.
                            I would assume they did it the way they did so they could have room to adjust it in the future, and/or add modifiers to old/new recipies in the future... all without totally imbalancing the skill-up rate situation.
                            Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                            Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                            Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                            Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Any news about fletching skill ups ? that path really need new recipes or incresed skill ups on elemental bows and/or the DoN arrows.

Comment

Working...
                              X