power skilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power skilling

Is there any tailoring power skilling paths remaining?

I know they removed solstice robes (capped at 252 now), is there anything like the smithing paths?

Smithing currently is Sickles (removed on the June 29th patch), Pure Enchanted Velium Bar (quest combine, roughly 700 pp) and the Inferno Scepter (2500 pp per combine?)

I need/want something I can sit down to a good 1500 or so combines in a few hours that costs between 300 and 1000 pp per combine. Does anything like that exist for Tailoring now after the nerfage?
    Druzzil Ro
    Halfling: 250 tailor /|\ Froglok: 296 smith BM3 /|\ Human: 220 smith
    Ogre: 290 smith, 250 tailor /|\ Erudite: 290 smith BM3, 250 tailor

Originally posted by ba****r
    Is there any tailoring power skilling paths remaining?

I know they removed solstice robes (capped at 252 now), is there anything like the smithing paths?

Smithing currently is Sickles (removed on the June 29th patch), Pure Enchanted Velium Bar (quest combine, roughly 700 pp) and the Inferno Scepter (2500 pp per combine?)

I need/want something I can sit down to a good 1500 or so combines in a few hours that costs between 300 and 1000 pp per combine. Does anything like that exist for Tailoring now after the nerfage?
    That would depend on your race.
    Try BD cultural, or the new DoN cultural.
    Ilona - Gwenae - Amarantha - Deandra - Minim

Comment

Originally posted by Ilona
      That would depend on your race.
      Try BD cultural, or the new DoN cultural.
      Sorry, I was not clear.

DoN is no where near an option due to lack of availability.

You are right, for races that have BD cultural, that is THE option.
      You can easily buy 1000+ blue diamonds in 2 or 3 days.

Unfortunately, I am looking to skill up a toon that doesn't have BD cultural (Ogre) and I am looking to something that I can skill up that doesn't take 6 months.

I need something that I can buy hundreds of the parts from the baz daily or I can buy the parts from a merchant with unlimited supply.
      Druzzil Ro

Comment

Smithing currently is Sickles (removed on the June 29th patch)
        And where did you dig that rumor up from? Because I play on Test fulltime, and I am currently looking at my forge UI and I am seeing 335 trivial. Its less then 24 hours from the patch.

Please post facts, opinions represented as facts tend to whip the Tradeskill community into hysteria. Just like the guy posting 300+ skill is bugged to fail more with ZERO facts to back it up.
        Gherig McComas
        Coyote Moon
        Test Server

Comment

Originally posted by Aethn
          Please post facts, opinions represented as facts tend to whip the Tradeskill community into hysteria.
          Fact:
          Absor told me in person (face to face) that shadow scream and sickles will be lowered asap to a trivial more in tune with the quality of the item. This change will happen as soon as possible and will be similar to the trivial change made to tailoring recently.

If you would like to consider the trivial change coming soon an "opinion", fine. No biggie.

Your comment was also off topic, since I am trying to find out if anyone knows any combines I don't know about similar to the only viable smithing combines (pure enchanted velium bar and inferno sceptre). If you know a combine, please post it.

I am guessing I am am screwed. It looks like Barb, Dwarf, Froglok, Ogre, Troll, and Vah Sir are all screwed. There isn't any way (quest or not) to skill up without using DoN cultural and it's associated massive cost or massive camp time to get a ton of combines.

Unlike smithing with several quests that require high smithing skill, tailoring doesn't have anything that doesn't require a lot of camping.

So, NO Shimmering Ukun Hide for sale and only one Glossy Drake Hide at 29k.
          Unless you want to spend the next year camping, you will not get 300 skill on any Ogre (for example) at time soon.

Even if they go to 25 percent skillup chance (I heard 25% at fan faire, but not 50% as has also been said), that is still 192 combines at $29k each for a total of 5.5 million pp. Even then, I doubt you could buy more than 5 a week in the baz, so 38 weeks.

Am I off here?
          Last edited by bana-zir; 06-27-2005, 02:26 PM.
          Druzzil Ro

Comment

Originally posted by Aethn
            And where did you dig that rumor up from? Because I play on Test fulltime, and I am currently looking at my forge UI and I am seeing 335 trivial. Its less then 24 hours from the patch.

Please post facts, opinions represented as facts tend to whip the Tradeskill community into hysteria. Just like the guy posting 300+ skill is bugged to fail more with ZERO facts to back it up.
            They said they would go to test first, before going live, however I highly doubt that will be the case. Wether you want to live in denial of the fact that those items will change and in short order, that is entirely up to you. Myself and I am sure most of the rest of the community here, have already accepted that fact that they will change and are already looking for ways to move forward.

If they don't change with this patch, who cares. It gives a few more weeks before it will change. *shrugs*

Comment

May I ask why you need 300? By the sound of it, you're in a hurry to get there, why?

Anyway, if you have unlimited resources, I suggest you set up a buyer for the ukun hides and glossy drake hides. Then go around and spam Lavastorm and Broodlands and PoK and Guild Lobby that you're buying glossy drake hides for a LOT of money. And that you have a buyer up for when you're not online. Bet you will start getting 10-20 a day after a week or so of advertising.

Then if you gather different blessed waters, you can pretty much own the Grandmaster's symbol market and maybe make most of the cash back.

Just a suggestion tho, as I don't know of a "fast" way to buy tailoring to 300.

Comment

Originally posted by Winenose
                May I ask why you need 300? By the sound of it, you're in a hurry to get there, why?
                It is not so much that I need it in a hurry, as I will not do it if it is a "gee I got 5 combines to do today, do I get lucky with a skill up?"

I am not happy doing a few combines a day. I need to do my 250 to 300 in one session. It doesn't matter how long the setup or subcombine stage takes, I just can't stand doing the combines any other way.

I have done all the research I can do, and it does appear there are no useful quest combines for tailoring like there are for smithing (e.g. pure enchanted velium bar.)

I am not sure I can do the glossy drake path, because the parts may exceed the cost I am willing to pay (my ideal cost per combine is less than 700pp.)
                Druzzil Ro

Comment

It is not so much that I need it in a hurry, as I will not do it if it is a "gee I got 5 combines to do today, do I get lucky with a skill up?"

I am not happy doing a few combines a day. I need to do my 250 to 300 in one session. It doesn't matter how long the setup or subcombine stage takes, I just can't stand doing the combines any other way.
                  none of us are happy about doing a couple of combines a day in a vain hope of getting a skill-up.

none of us are happy about the lack of tailoring combines (yes, there's an implicit "reasonable for skilling" in there :P).

a few people, who use shissar scales, are happy about DoN tailoring for skilling.

the rest of us are just bitter and pissed off at having our hopes of becoming GM tailors crushed like that diamond dust no one can find much of.

so just give up tailoring. there's nothing to be done here; move along! there certainly are no power recipes. there aren't even any mediocre choices.

cheers,
                  -greeb

p.s. -- let's all join together in a round of, "nobody knows the trouble i've seen"

Comment

Well... no there isn't a 'power' or 'storebought' method to do tailoring.

You CAN save up and do 300 combines, it would just take... a prohibitively long time. (Can, don't want to.)

Yes, everyone knows that the trivial numbers will drop. Yes, everyone that is/was a tailor KNOWS that they do not HAVE to patch the numbers to TEST SERVER first. And, I hate to say it, most likely they won't. Yes, despite what the SOE mouthpieces said.

Abashi: We don't have the ability to store that kind of information on character files.

Changing the trivial levels will be like pulling off a band-aid. Fast and all at once and with no warning is best. Anything else just prolongs the agony. Look deep in your heart and you know it's true.
                    In My (Not Always) Humble Opinion, except where I quote someone. If I don't know I say so.
                    I suck at this game, your mileage WILL vary. My path is probably NON-optimal.
                    Private Messages attended to promptly.

Comment

By the way, I saw a "considerable" amount of Shimmering Ukun Hides today. We were going for the final ranger 1.5 fight in RCoD, it's in tunnels past Krekk Brimblade. Insane amount of mobs there, few ukuns too.. and I think I saw 3 hides when we plowed there and 2 when we came back.. out of around 20 ukun kills.

So, cultural might still be an option for you and I bet it's decent exp there too.

Comment

/buyer
                        add to your buyerlist ; holgresh, hound, otter, ice burrower,mastodon,feran blood, murkglider blood,bla bla..(even some pop recipies if the subcombines dont kill ya)

wait... go to bed.. hope..
                        1; wake up next morning ; weeee.... someone sold me 17 holgresh furs,3 feran blood,1 murk blood
                        2; wake up ...nothing. nothing gained,nothing lost.

some combines will be quite expensive, but if you got loads of holgresh furs (and i mean gazillions!) it can be done...
                        but theres no hidden power up way.. only the good old long hard way.
                        /em points "its that way"

Zushu
                        Puzzykhat 76 Vah Bst

Comment

Trivial

Well you said Absor told you face to face about lowering Trivials...........well did anyone read the chidlren's story "The Monster at the End of the Book?"
                          Here we are after the patch, and the Trivials were NOT lowered.

Comment

Actually Absor seemed to indicate not this patch but the next one. Everyone (including me) were just paranoid. Never hurts to be paranoid when it comes to statements from SOE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejaye
                              Well you said Absor told you face to face about lowering Trivials...........well did anyone read the chidlren's story "The Monster at the End of the Book?"
                              Here we are after the patch, and the Trivials were NOT lowered.
                              Wow, boy you have some serious denial. You may want to work on that. See someone for it, you might find life easier.

Absor did say "not this patch, but the next one". I just know from past experiences, that doesn't always mean it won't be the next one. Besides there is a patch today (30th) for 2 hours. Is this the "next" one? Pretty much everyone would rush to finish by the 29th as a rule.
                              Last edited by bana-zir; 06-30-2005, 03:57 AM.
                              Druzzil Ro

Comment

Working...
                              X