X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New recipie

From the patch message

Tradeskills:

- Added a new alchemy recipe to create Essence of Froglok. It can be made in much the same way as the other essences.

Nice to get a new recipie but I'm going to hate seeing PoK overrun with frogs for the next couple of days.

Will it be Guktan or Froglok? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyfold
      Will it be Guktan or Froglok? Anyone know?
      I'm betting Guktan-style, since the old froglok model isn't in the Global file (at least, I don't think it is).
      Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
      Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
      Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
      Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

There's an enchanter illusion for old-frogloks and new-Guktans. The old froglok is level 65 enchanter POP rune, and the new Guktan is a level 52 quest for the scroll.

Comment

I imagine this will be a froglok model, since essence of gukta (see Essence of Gukta, http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=035000000000) is already in-game. New-world frog (Guktan) has all the functionality playable character models have, while the old-world froglok model doesn't.
          Last edited by mithridate; 05-12-2005, 12:43 PM.
          Master Alchemist, Baker, Brewer, Jeweler, Potter, Barbarian Smith and Tailor, and Tinker; Expert Fletcher, Researcher and Gnome Tailor; Journeyman Fisher -- Irrevocably-retired from EQ.

Comment

If the new recipe is along the lines of the old, it will require froglok meat. I don't recall ever seeing that drop. I've seen blood and green froglok skin, but not meat.

Anybody know where it drops? I've slaughtered most of Sebilis and killed many a frog in FV and the Swamp of No Hope. But I've never seen froglok meat.

Anyone know where it drops?

Comment

Froglok meat is the obvious choice, but after collecting 16 I found that it doesn't work. Then I looked in the recipe book and boom, there it is. It takes green froglok skin, which is much rarer, naturally. (So the recipe is green froglok skin plus wormwood. Trivial 202 according to the recipe book. As soon as someone confirms that they've actually made a potion this way, we'll add it.)
              Retiree of EQ Traders...
              Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
              Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
              Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
              EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Have made this potion, and it's the old world style froglok. However, the potion STACKS instead of having to make 1, 5 or 10 shots of it.

Triv at 202 is correct, as well as the recipie for it.

Gergle
                57 Shaman on Povar

Comment

Originally posted by Valisbourne
                  Have made this potion, and it's the old world style froglok. However, the potion STACKS instead of having to make 1, 5 or 10 shots of it.

Triv at 202 is correct, as well as the recipie for it.

Gergle
                  57 Shaman on Povar
                  If the single dose potion stacks, can a 5 or 10 shot version still be made, and if so do they stack as well?
                  Arfyak Reflux
                  "Is that fresh, killed today?"
                  of Brell

Comment

yes and no

Think of it more like QoE. It stacks 1 by 1 so you can make it in batches of up to 20 and they autostack. No need to try and combine them in the other pouch.

-Karim

Comment

Does anyone know if the illusion has a faction modifier with the Frogloks of Kunark?

It'd be kinda nice to walk around Sebilis without being swamped by angry toads. It would also justify the rarity of the green froglok skin component.

Comment

Faction modifiers for non-pc models was taken out a while back.
                        -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                        try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Feedback for the skin to stack would be nice as well.

Comment

Gah! A frog plague is in the future? Is that why we see that "dark times are in the future for all" when we log on?
                            Neferteti Nazguul
                            56 Erudite Necromancer
                            "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Working...
                            X