This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beastlords and Alchemy

Since a Beatlord is part shaman I think they should get to use alchemy. Alchemy to me being only by shamans kind of defeats the nature of a shaman. I have always thought shamans were from under-developed cultures, ( Barbarians, Ogres, Trolls, Frogloks, and Iksar) *dont remeber if Vah Shir in this or not*
    Alchemy seams to me they would need to be high in intellegence to do. I don't think i have ever heard that the 'Ugunda' tribe of Africa ever dabbled in Alchemy. Or the Native American Indian, that I know of (me being part native) has ever dabbled in alchemy. Now I have heard of Sages in the middle ages that dabbled in alchemy in the lower lvls or the highest towers of their lords castle. Maybe just the name of the Skill needs to be changed. I say change it to Potion making or something like that. Alchemy was always, 'to me', of a sage trying to change lead into gold and followed the chemistry chart and stuff. HEHEHE

What you all think?
    Neferteti Nazguul
    56 Erudite Necromancer
    "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Since a Beatlord is part shaman I think they should get to use alchemy.
    Hmm no.
    Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
    70 Paladin of Tunare
    My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
    (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
    (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
    Salvage3
    Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
    Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Secone
      Hmm no.

Okie there is one misplaced reply :-P any others. hehehe
      Neferteti Nazguul
      56 Erudite Necromancer
      "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Alchemy is more general that you are giving it credit. The Native Americans used a lot of Alchemy. The definition of Alchemy that applies is the act of mixing different substances together to produce an elixer, or potion. That however is also a very general definition and can include the act of brewing or cooking. The most upto date way to discribe Alchemy as used in EQ would be the work of Chemist. The Native American Medican Man was a very good Alchemist, using roots, berries, leaves, and other natural reagents to make anything from a healing salve to a clothing dying agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nift
          Alchemy is more general that you are giving it credit. The Native Americans used a lot of Alchemy. The definition of Alchemy that applies is the act of mixing different substances together to produce an elixer, or potion. That however is also a very general definition and can include the act of brewing or cooking. The most upto date way to discribe Alchemy as used in EQ would be the work of Chemist. The Native American Medican Man was a very good Alchemist, using roots, berries, leaves, and other natural reagents to make anything from a healing salve to a clothing dying agent.
          Hmm once again someone makes a very good point and my eyes are open. I would have to think that INT casters should be able to do this also. Since as you say above "The most upto date way to discribe Alchemy as used in EQ would be the work of Chemist." With "Chemist" being the key word here.
          Neferteti Nazguul
          56 Erudite Necromancer
          "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Poisonmaking = rogue specific
            Tinkering is gnome specific
            Alchemy is shaman specific

Why try to make eq a game of all classes and abilities are equally available to all

Choices are made when you roll a character. IF you wanted alchemy u should make a shaman.

The part shaman part obviously relates to the shaman slowline and bufflines of spells- not to the secrets of potions

And i hope it stays that way- nothing wrong with differences in abilities between the classes/races

Comment

Huh really? Then you might want to post that also here. http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=21034
              Because I see nothing wrong with this also. Just wanted to see if this could be as widely appreciated as a Wizard wanting to unlock the secrets of making a Necro spell. I agree that classes and races should be kept different. I think if you wanted to learn to research wizard spells then choose a wizard. I am glad that my post has spurned this type of feedback. Thanks all.
              Neferteti Nazguul
              56 Erudite Necromancer
              "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

umm

Originally posted by Nefertiti Nazguul
                Huh really? Then you might want to post that also here. http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=21034
                Because I see nothing wrong with this also. Just wanted to see if this could be as widely appreciated as a Wizard wanting to unlock the secrets of making a Necro spell. I agree that classes and races should be kept different. I think if you wanted to learn to research wizard spells then choose a wizard. I am glad that my post has spurned this type of feedback. Thanks all.
                ok, i'm a little confused. you think that wizards shouldn't be able to reaserch necro spells, even thought all casters get the reasearch skill, but beastlords should be able to do alchemy because they are "part" shaman? any caster being able to reaserch any other casters spells makes far more sense than a class that has some of the same spells getting a class specific skill from the original class. personally think this would be a really bad idea.
                Uruz Magnuson F.I.N.E. vodoo medicine man of Ring of Destiny on EMarr

Comment

What I am saying is leave the stuff for each class to that class. Just because I can research does not mean that I should be able to research wiz chanters or mage spells. I think also that the wis caster should be able to research their own spells. I really dont think that Bstlrds should alchemy. just wanted to see if something else made sense like that. If it was not clear I am sorry. Guess raise the INT then come back and re-read.
                  Neferteti Nazguul
                  56 Erudite Necromancer
                  "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Beastlords are also part monk, therefore they should get FD.

Im part German and part Irish. I should be drunk 24/7.

/nods
                    Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
                    Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

Since a Beatlord is part shaman I think they should get to use alchemy.
                      I really dont think that Bstlrds should alchemy.
                      Are you John Kerry? What do you really think? Oddly, you can't think both of these since they are mutually exclusive...unless you really are John Kerry.

Guess raise the INT then come back and re-read.
                      Uban the Wizard
                      Luclin (formerly of Stormhammer (formerly of Bristlebane))

Comment

I believe what they were trying to do was use this as a way to illicit a response of "heck no!" so that they could turn around and use the same logic in the other post (about spell research.)

So, the opening statement was bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Twistagain
                          I believe what they were trying to do was use this as a way to illicit a response of "heck no!" so that they could turn around and use the same logic in the other post (about spell research.)

So, the opening statement was bait.

Thanks Twist at least someone gets it!

P.S. No I am not John Kerry! I voted for Bush and would put another friendly fire bullet into Kerry!
                          Neferteti Nazguul
                          56 Erudite Necromancer
                          "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Originally posted by splunge
                            Beastlords are also part monk, therefore they should get FD.

Im part German and part Irish. I should be drunk 24/7.

/nods

Rofl why not SK's are part necro and they get FD too.
                            Uh oh we opening more cans of worms. Hold on I'll get my fishing pole!
                            Neferteti Nazguul
                            56 Erudite Necromancer
                            "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Thanks Twist at least someone gets it!
                              Well then I feel cheated and used.. I only post to things that seem creditable and I don't play these games.. May you find that cross posting to cause conflict to attempt to get your way is the worst thing you can ever do.

Comment

Working...
                              X