Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a nice avator pic that I would like to use. The limitation for a pic is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 kbs what ever smaller right. THe pic i want to use is 18.3 kb or 60 x 104 pixs. SO why am I getting the message that it is too big? Is it because it is a moving GIF? and if so how can i make it a tab smaller without messing up the movment?
    Neferteti Nazguul
    56 Erudite Necromancer
    "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

A tutorial on animated .gif files is outside the scope of EQTC, but, in order to resize one, you need to resize each frame and then re-animate. There MIGHT be some shareware available that will do that for you.
    Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
    EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

The problem is that it's 104 pixels wide (or tall). The boards check width and length independently, and each must be under 100 pixels. They don't calculate the area and use that to determine if the image if OK because someone could then use a picture that is 10,000 pixels wide by one pixel tall, basically throwing the whole page layout out of whack.
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

*sigh*

Guess I gotta deal with just static pics.

You all would have loved it though hehehe
        Neferteti Nazguul
        56 Erudite Necromancer
        "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

throw it up on like photobucket or something and give me a link.
          Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
          Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
          Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
          Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
          [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
          Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

Working...
          X