Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up Aug vendor... which augs to make for resale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Aug vendor... which augs to make for resale?

I'm working on setting up a merchant to sell GoD augs in the bazaar. I've been collecting stuff like crazy to try to be able to supply augs that people want to buy (even if I'm forced to charge high prices due to the high cost of components).

I've gotten a decent number of augs ready to make into the final product, but not sure which effect to add to each of them in order to have the best chance of resale at a high price in the bazaar. Augs are in the top left bag in my magelo profile, linked in signature.

Basically I'm looking for advice on how to use my limited supply of black gold inlays along with which items to give what effect.

Current supplies:

Radiant Cut Howlite x2
    Radiant Cut Tourmaline
    Radiant Cut Apatite
    Radiant Cut Kyanite
    Radiant Cut Sodalite
    Radiant Cut Citrine
    Radiant Titanite of Minor Virility
    Black Gold Inlay x5
    Slugworms x2 (can buy flowstones easy enough to go with these)
    White Gold Inlay

I'm thinking of doing this:

Radiant Howlite of Pure Sundering
    Radiant Howlite of Pure Ferocity
    Radiant Kyanite of Pure Dexterity
    Radiant Apatite of Pure Haste
    Radiant Titanite of Pure Virility
    Radiant Tourmaline of Minor Efficiency
    Radiant Citrine of Minor Sight
    Radiant Sodalite of Minor Aggression
    Radiant Voidflow of Sundering
    Radiant Voidflow of Ferocity

Any suggestions on how to improve the saleability of these augs would be appreciated.

-Bolas
    Buy My Stuff!

Man I hate you, I wish I had those.

Anyway, stay away from Haste, and Caster focus effects, and Vengence, as all those can be bought in DoN now. I'd go with Dodge, Vision one, Cleave, and Ferocity. All those are still unique.

Comment

Wow all caster focus effects can be bought in DoN? Or just some of them?

I'll do the cleave & ferocity & dodge for sure. Are there any focus effects that can't be bought in DoN?

-Bolas
      Buy My Stuff!

Comment

I believe all of the type 5 focus effects can be obtained with tribute as well.
        So can haste and ferocity.

So can Vengenence, but they stack.

Cleave for the win.

Comment

Personaly have done all my kyanite with plus 30 attack whichever that one is? However this has only been for my own use so far. I am guessing that most people at a stage where they are using tradeskill augs will be close on maxed on stats unbuffed?

Comment

ferocity can be obtained with tribute, but it's broken -- doesn't work properly.

most high end players with the plats to buy my augs either for myself or for their twinks will hit the worn atk cap with a combination of gear & tribute -- before they need to get atk augs. so I'm staying away from atk augs.

-Bolas
            Buy My Stuff!

Comment

ferocity is the best melee aug for the money... but people probably like cleave more anyway.
              dodge 3 is a good bet on about anything.

if you're going to do sight augs, i'd leave those at the second level... cause who needs worn EB always?

you might just want to auction and find out if someone who is willing to pay wants a specific aug

Comment

I get asked for int + ID5 a lot. I can't get the parts to make them, but that doesn't stop people from asking me for them.

If they were for me it would be:
                Radiant Howlite/Kyanite of Pure Sundering
                Radiant Howlite/Kyanite of Pure Dexterity

Comment

Don't forget the poor casters. Burning Affliction 5 would be snapped up. Druids, Necros and Shammies all love BA5. Put it on a mana regen aug and you will be the cause of endless drooling. Other than mana regen, you'd have a toss up between saves to put it on.
                  Putting it on an int or wis aug would cut out one or two of your possible customers, so I'd avoid doing that.
                  Celestya
                  66 Druid
                  The Rathe
                  Expert Artisan (1750 Club Member)
                  Chanthira - 245 Tinkertot
                  Serenity - 190 Alchemist-in-training

Comment

Got the BA on titanite, figure that can go on chest slot of cultural in slot 12, so I'll finish that one and then either sell it or use it myself (if I get cultural bp).

Currently leaning towards:

Radiant Howlite of Pure Sundering
                    Radiant Howlite of Pure Ferocity
                    Radiant Kyanite of Pure Dexterity
                    Radiant Apatite of Pure Dexterity
                    Radiant Titanite of Pure Virility
                    Radiant Tourmaline of Minor Aggression (upgrade to pure when I get scoriae)
                    Radiant Citrine of Minor Sundering (upgrade to pure when I get scoriae)
                    Radiant Sodalite of Sight
                    Radiant Voidflow of Sundering
                    Radiant Voidflow of Ferocity
                    Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Burning affliction V is available from DoN camps.

Pure Sight, Pure Dexterity and Pure Sundering/Ferocity ftw.
                      Forest Scion Aluaeia Bukkakestar
                      Dead Sexy Dark Elf Druid
                      Tarew Marr

Comment

Back in they heyday of augments, when they were still rare, I was able to sell three Radiant Kyanites of Pure Sundering for top dollar. Sales of all augments have slowed, but I managed to sell another one of those yesterday.

A friend pointed out something rather interesting to me. Of all the effects, +attack is the only one that people at the high end are likely to accept in a non-pure form. Maybe putting +20 attack on flow stones will get you some quick sales, particularly since they'll be very reasonably priced compared to pure augs.

Also, sticking mana preservation on a tourmaline will make for some very happy casters.

Radiant Apatite of Pure Dexterity, Radiant Howlite of Pure Sundering, and Radiant Titanite of Pure Virility should all sell for you; they're all "optimal" mixes.
                        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Now I see why the augments in bazaar always have melee effects. Hmmm.

For casters, Mana Preservation 4 or 5 (from mark of efficiency) is a fairly good choice. Partly because it's rare on gear, but also because there is no mana pres 4 (or mana pres 3) augment at DoN merchants. There is a mana pres 5 augment for 250 points, but it's level-70-required.

Another one missing from both DoN and LDON augments is Faerune (or Plainsight). Most casters got Plainsight from a really cheap Ornate helm, but at this point even bazaar-geared folks want to upgrade their hat and will miss the see-invisible.

What casters never want is Affliction Haste. The reason is that Spell Haste offers exactly the same percentage and works on more spells.

As an enchanter, the only stones I have any interest in are Apatite, Kyanite, Tourmaline, and Mudflow. Other casters would see things differently though.
                          83/1000 High Elven Enchanter on cazic (8x300 tradeskills)

Comment

As I only play casters and priests, the first aug I get for each character is Faerune. Nothing better than finally getting that "must have" effect out of the way which has been blocking equipment choices for a long time.

My second choice is either Mana Preservation (comes from items with low stats), Spell Haste (something not worth wasting an equipment slot for) or Burning Affliction (rare from items).

Do remember the lvl requirement on DoN vendor augs is very strict. And as Sylphan pointed out, no mana pres 3 or 4.

OoW provides very easily accessable and droppable Fire/Ice/Magic improved damage items that have better % than Improved Damage. So ID is not a front choice.

Comment

I have not and wont buy any augs for my Necro, all of it way too easy to get in DoN, or tribute, and it ain't hard to get max tribute points and keep it there. I have and will continue tobuy melee augs for my twinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X