Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FireFox search, looking for a Admins help on this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox search, looking for a Admins help on this one...

Alright, Ive been working on some quick searches that are used in FireFox, mainly to quickly access information from any site that has a search feature.

Here is an example of my Allakhazam one, (if you want it let me know, Ill send you all the required files)

You select "Allakhazam" from the drop down list of searches
    You type in "Cheese"
    It goes to Alla's search page and displays all results including the word "Cheese"

Pretty basic, problem is, I cant get the script right for the search to work with PHP, which is what EQTraders uses on their search page:
    http://www.eqtraders.com/search/sear...r=035000000000
    But I cannot find the source for the item name in the search, here is the exact script format for the searches:

<SEARCH
    version = "7.1"
    name="Allakhazam"
    description="Allkhazam Equipment Search"
    method="get"
    action="http://www.allakhazam.com/db/searchdb.html"
    >

<input name="iname" user>

</search>

"
    "iname" being the place where it would insert "iname=Cheese" at the end of the url, this is what makes it display results for "Cheese" the results.

Problem is I cant find a function on the PHP for an "iname" type function. I am wondering if the Admins may know what Im looking for or perhaps have a non-PHP search that this would work for.

If you do not want me to create a search for EQTC like this, please let me know, Im just trying to help people out, mainly people like me, who have slow connections, so they dont have to take the extra time of going to a page, waiting for it to load (not so much a problem with this site, but some others are)

Im doing this to provide a convienience factor. Please, if you can help me out let me know. Remember, I need the "iname" type feature. I believe for this site it is "data[item]" but I cant get that to work correctly. Any help is appreciated.
    . <--- Dot

I believe someone had created a Firefox search plug in for EQTC, and posted it as an attachment to a post in Denmother's Corner ... I don't recall the thread name, and I don't have the opportunity to go diving through search for it right now, but that might be able to help you out (here and with other similar systems).

Comment

This post.
      Nichola Smith
      Archon of Erollisi Marr
      Tunare

Comment

.d

Doh! Looking at that script it is so painfully obvious why I couldn't get it to work, I was missing the "user=" portion

/em smacks himself in the forehead

Thanks for that guys.
        . <--- Dot

Comment

Make a toolbar in ie6 i tried that to do some searching but i just got lazy to make a working one..

If i can find my crap ill see if i can make a quick one would be kinda nice thinking of it now im playing a bit more
          Last edited by Britneyy; 03-13-2005, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Britneyy
            Make a toolbar in ie6 i tried that to do some searching but i just got lazy to make a working one..

If i can find my crap ill see if i can make a quick one would be kinda nice thinking of it now im playing a bit more

Ewwww, IE. I highly recommend you upgrade to Fire Fox. Its much better, and safe as well. It is much more difficult to make toolbars for IE simply because theres things you have to rescript in the actual program, its not just a simple plugin like it is with FF.
            . <--- Dot

Comment

lol well.. safer is just a matter of the way you look at it. I know just as many exploits for firefox,opera,other non-ms browsers as ie6 bugs. This is only since the widespread use of ie is the findings of bugs, such as if you ever read some of the linux updates there are major security holes that are found time to time, but its not publically known as much due to the low useage.

Comment

Working...
              X