X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baking alternate to 282

Jord Meat Pie

Only requires: clump of dough, jord meat, pie tin

This alternative only requires ONE sub-combine which is a clump of dough. I realize these drop in BoT, but if you have access or the plat to purchase, this is the EASIEST way I've seen to get to 282.

Comment

Alchemy

For Alchemy you've added the Healing Potion IX already, but there is more to it

The same triv (and cost) goes for all Elixir of ... IX as well.
      There are similar recipes for lower trivials (255, 202, ..).

Since those all require only one ingredient that is vendor brought, AND they are fairly inexpensive to make while having a fair resale value, I see them as valid skillup paths.

I posted an overview of those Elixir of.. and Healing Potion recipes in this thread.

Maybe you want to incorporate a few of them.

Cheers,
      Nitpaac

Comment

I've just been smithing, and I'd like to recommend Pale Velium Cestus after EVBs/Cleansed BPs. The ingredients are expensive initially, but one success makes a 50pp profit. If you have a 5 in 6 success rate you will break about even. Aligned Ore and Pale Nihilite aren't so hard to get from vendor-farming, or i buy my aligned ore and still break just about even.

These take you to 232, where you can start shadowscream. Shaving off 10 points of SS is worth the financial risk, I think.

Comment

Hello, I love your guide! I would like to offer a skill up brewing alternative from 163-188. Its called a faydwer shaker. You can buy all the components in abysmal sea. there are 2 vendors right next to a brew barrel. i dont know how cheap it is, but it has to be better than needing a foraged item. Thanks for a great guide ~!~

Comment

Shar Vahl Essence

Emergincy wrote:

"i dont know how cheap it is, but it has to be better than needing a foraged item."

For Shar Vahl Essences, payala fruit isn't foraged. It's a ground spawn. If you move about Shadeweaver's Thicket looking for short, stout trees that have blue leaves, you'll find one (that looks like a little bag) at the base of the plant. Anyone can get them, there are quite a few, they respawn fast and they're free for the taking, so it's a great route for skilling up to 187.

Silverfish

Comment

I've attached a map for the fruit. This should go into your EQ maps directory to be useful... always remember to back up any files you are replacing.
              Attached Files
              I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverfish
                looking for short, stout trees that have blue leaves, you'll find one (that looks like a little bag) at the base of the plant.
                Silverfish
                Just as an FYI, the little bags are *droppings* from some of the beetle models.. collect 4 and turn in for a 2% WR bag -6 slot. The payala fruit look like blue mushrooms. there are 28 groundspawns in a rough circle. (looks like an average 3 year old drew a circle) the respawn is actually decent, normally they are just repopping as you complete the circle. now, if you can forage, then you can also forage these, but as you will also forage everything else on the forage table you might be lucky to get an added 1 per trip around the circle.

Alliance Artisan
                Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

0-54 all skills. : A lot of times there are easier/faster routes to 54 than abysmal sea freebies. A lot of people might prefer the shorter but slightly more expensive skillup paths

Tinkering:

2xx-282: Some people prefer skilling up with the elemental plane bow cams (especially pofire cams). Depending on skillup path this would be the skillup of choice for most after the toolbox.

282-300 Alternative would be yttrium based combines (servolink sleeves 29o/ BP/Legs - 300). Ytrium is a good alternative to nightmare arachnid silks.

Also woks are usually not used to skillup from 291-300. The clockwork carapace is non stackable and just doesn't drop in enough quantity to make this a viable skillup path. Most people end up making 0-3 points from this if that.

Tailoring:

Artic wyvern hide combines would be preferred combine instead of othmir fur caps. Just for faction issues and amount of furs to be farmed.

Comment

Smithing update?

Currently the skill progression for smithing from 163 - 188 is Fine Plate xxx. May I suggest a new route?

163 - 165 Fine Plate Bracer
                    165 - 210 Enchanted Velium Bits *minimum skill needed to do combine as posted on Jan. 31, 2006 on EQ Traders is 165*

Reasoning behind the change....

Cost of Fine Plate Bracer:
                    Leather Padding
                    30-45pp if bought in bazaar(prexus server) or Negligible if you farm the stuff yourself. We'll assume for this article you farm the material yourself.

Medium Quality Sheet Metal (MQSM)
                    (3) Large brick of medium quality ore (20.5pp each x 3 = 61.5pp) are required to make (1) MQSM + some water. Please also note that there is actually two (2) combines here that can both fail.

Plate Bracer Mold
                    Vendor sold for 6pp

Smithy Hammer
                    Vendor sold for 10pp. Price becomes negligible as it is never consumed.

Water
                    Vendor sold. If you can't afford to buy large quantities of water then you probally should hold off doing smithing...Negligible

So basic price of bracer is 61.5pp(MQSM) + 6pp (Bracer Mold) = 67.5pp - sell back of 26.5pp = 41pp+ an attempt not including failures. Also note that the true cost is higher as you will fail a few combines while making the MQSM. And more MQSM's are needed for the Helm (2) and BP (3) wich further increases cost vs. return. And we assume your not buying the Leather Padding in Bazaar wich will also increase price.

Cost of Enchanted Velium Bits:
                    Coldain Velium Temper
                    Vendor sold 5pp

Small Piece of Velium
                    Ok, here's where the pricing can get screwy...You need two(2) pieces per attempt. If you purchase in bazaar, this can quickly cost more than Fine Plate xxx. If you farm this it is free + you'll actually make money from the other stuff you loot and sell to vendors/players. Again we'll assume you farm your own as with the leather padding above.

Spell: Enchant Velium
                    Vendor sold for 12.8 (we'll round up to 13pp)

Total cost is 13pp (Spell: Enchant Velium) + 5pp (Coldain Velium Temper) = 18pp - 0pp sell back = 18pp per combine.

So if we compare costs we save 23pp per combine (41pp - 18pp) if we assume we farm all the material our selves(and no failures). I also know you have a better chance of skill up for success vs. failure so I'm not sure if in the end this would end up being cheaper but thowing this out there for those of you who may wanna try this route in smithing. And not everyone likes farming so Fine Plate xxx would definately be faster if you have the PP to blow.
                    ***Please note: I completely forgot about 5% Geerlok so you should be able to start at 162 skill***
                    Last edited by AbyssalMage; 01-31-2006, 07:23 AM.
                    What is all the fuss about? So I forgot to pick you up at work...I just gained a level !!! -Favorite last words as I sleep on the couch

Comment

• Originally posted by AbyssalMage

*snip*

Cost of Fine Plate Bracer:
                      Leather Padding
                      30-45pp if bought in bazaar(prexus server) or Negligible if you farm the stuff yourself. We'll assume for this article you farm the material yourself.

Medium Quality Sheet Metal (MQSM)
                      (3) Large brick of medium quality ore (20.5pp each x 3 = 61.5pp) are required to make (1) MQSM + some water. Please also note that there is actually two (2) combines here that can both fail.

*snip*
                      The Medium Quality Folded Sheet Metal you need for a bracer is made from one Block of MQ Ore @ 20.5p not three bricks @ 20.5 each.

Large Bricks cost 6.8p and you can make a Block using 3 Large Bricks but since you can buy blocks from vendors there is no point in using bricks.

This brings the price down by 41 plat making this a very cost effective method of skilling up beating EVB's provided you have the leather padding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiroon
                        The Medium Quality Folded Sheet Metal you need for a bracer is made from one Block of MQ Ore @ 20.5p not three bricks @ 20.5 each.

Large Bricks cost 6.8p and you can make a Block using 3 Large Bricks but since you can buy blocks from vendors there is no point in using bricks.

This brings the price down by 41 plat making this a very cost effective method of skilling up beating EVB's provided you have the leather padding.
                        Thanks for pointing this out to me. Forgot you could buy the Block of Medium Quality Ore directly from merchant and had a brain fart while looking at the recipe. Saw the combine section and totally forgot to scroll down a little ways to see that merchants also sold it(with out combines). Looks like you actually recoop all costs or majority on these combines and only loose money for failures. Now time for me to go for not scrolling down a bit further before opening my mouth
                        What is all the fuss about? So I forgot to pick you up at work...I just gained a level !!! -Favorite last words as I sleep on the couch

Comment

• Many Thanks to ALL !!!

HI...i am new to this forum...and this guide has done wonders for me..and i would like to express my thanks to all that have put work into this...will be of great help to many...and i too will contribute...providing i can find something that you guys have not. LMAO

lilgoodytoshoes 70 pali (human) on drinal

blacksmithing 226
                          baking 280
                          brewing 253
                          fishing 200
                          fletching 199
                          jewelry 251
                          pottery 211
                          tailoring 185

Comment

• your welcome, and i would like to thank those who came to help med getting my epic 1.5. You know who you are
                            Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
                            70 Paladin of Tunare
                            My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
                            (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
                            (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
                            Salvage3
                            Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
                            Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

• I think Epithieck's power belt might be interesting to skill tailoting to 252.

The cost here is in "platinum thread" 209pp and the belt sells back for 165. so costs 44pp per comb.

Good side is, enthrails might be faster farmable than othmir furs.

Furthermore, if pp are not an issue, the belt can be used for a further combine 252 making 5 small belts.

Small belts sell at 47pp each. So cost would be 418 and resell value 235. Making a 90pp cost per combine out of 1 single farmed component.

Comment

• Jc

If ppl do not mind farming some. They can kill the fire elementals in lavastorm for bloodstones. bloodstones and a gold bar will make a bloodstone necklace trivals at 156 JC. Sell it back, lose 5 silver for total combine. about 11 plat per fail,There is no need to enchant it (you can if you want to).

plus as a added bonus you get lava rocks to drop (rare) If your dwarf paladin is like me, I use the lava rocks for don cultural stuff to get to 222 smithing.
                                Last edited by Kyre; 02-09-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X